50 Shades of Grey - Anyone read this book?

each to their own I guess :) I think the book is like marmite, you either love it or hate it :) xx

I've just finished the first one in 24 hours. It would have been quicker but I had to force myself to get some sleep and then do some housework and start writing wedding invitations.

Just a bit gutted that there are no shops open now so I will have to wait to read the next one. Just hope my local asda have some in stock tomorrow. I can't wait for another amazon delivery!

i dont understand what the big fuss is about

that author is seriously lucky because these books are among some of the worst pieces of literature i have ever read

erotic fiction isnt a new concept either so i don't get why everyone is raving about such a badly written book, there is much better out there

this ^^^

I read quite a bit of Fan Fiction, and there are far better written (and far dirtier)
pieces out there!
I have found myself skipping yet another sex scene in order to get to the 'story'.

After saying there is better out there...please divulge the names of the books :) I'm waiting to buy the 2nd book it's my 1st erotic-esque novel so I really enjoyed it, but if there is better I'd like to read that too

Yes I agree too :) I wanna know the ones that are better to give me something to read after ive done with these books :) xx

https://articles.nydailynews.com/20..._tweets-alexander-skarsgard-bret-easton-ellis

Ladies check this out she may be writing another trilogy! YAY! lol x

Well personally for me I couldn't put them down. I started it Saturday morning and have just finished the third one today! I read quickly and I was up until 2am and awake at 5am so this was what I was doing to pass the time :haha: I'm hooked, how I love Christian Grey!!! I imagine the film will be disappointing because nobody has the same imagination lol

I enjoyed all of them...

And for me I think I'd much prefer to hear it from his side. How dark his life is and how she lights it up!! Thats much much better for me.

that author is seriously lucky because these books are among some of the worst pieces of literature i have ever read

erotic fiction isnt a new concept either so i don't get why everyone is raving about such a badly written book, there is much better out there

this ^^^

I read quite a bit of Fan Fiction, and there are far better written (and far dirtier)
pieces out there!
I have found myself skipping yet another sex scene in order to get to the 'story'.

There are bits in the book which could have been better, she uses the same sort of terms over and over and over but tbh I was hooked.

For me it wasn't about how dirty the book was, I was more focused on him, his love, his passion, his childhood, the things he feels and what made him see she was different. So I guess for me it was about him loving her not the kinky side of the book.

this ^^^

pieces out there!

There are bits in the book which could have been better, she uses the same sort of terms over and over and over but tbh I was hooked.

For me it wasn't about how dirty the book was, I was more focused on him, his love, his passion, his childhood, the things he feels and what made him see she was different. So I guess for me it was about him loving her not the kinky side of the book.

^^^^^ this! i was more about the dirtyness to start wth but after they:sex: for like the millionth time, its more about the story now! x

I've read the entire series. I thought it was alright!

I've just read all three, I love reading, and thought they were good. I read them all in less than a week, but like a pp said I found myself skipping the sex scenes ( especially the last book) just to get the story. I started to find the sex scenes quite boring and repetitive, but overall I enjoyed them.

What are the names of all the books? you guys made me want to got get them!!

Fifty Shades Of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker & Fifty Shades Freed.

I don't think anyone reads Fifty Shades because it's greatly written or because it's a ''classic''. It does what it says basically. I love my classics and I love a well written book but I really didn't pick up Fifty shades to expect that, I wanted to fall for the story, fall for Christian Grey and fantasize. That's what I did! :haha:
People are raving about it for the simple reason that it's addictive and hard to put down.
I loved it :) it's great to escape reality sometimes.

I don't think anyone reads Fifty Shades because it's greatly written or because it's a ''classic''. It does what it says basically. I love my classics and I love a well written book but I really didn't pick up Fifty shades to expect that, I wanted to fall for the story, fall for Christian Grey and fantasize. That's what I did! :haha:
People are raving about it for the simple reason that it's addictive and hard to put down.
I loved it :) it's great to escape reality sometimes.

I think this was another problem I had with the books.
I didn't fall for Christian Grey.
I actually found him quite an unlike-able character.
The kind of person I would think was a typical, up-himself alpha male, a person I don't give the time of day to in real life.
I just couldn't warm to him in the literary world either.

I think Christian would drive me up the wall with his constant checking up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->