5w6d ultrasound no fetal pole, PLEASE help!

andreaford890

Reaction score
I had an ultrasound on the 16th at 5w6d...a gestational sac and yolk sac were visible but no fetal pole. This seemed encouraging and I have a follow up scan on the 23rd to confirm viability. I had a blighted ovum this summer so I am feeling very anxious. I had morning sickness...nausea no vomiting pretty much every day and now at 6w2d I woke up feeling fine. I am so worried that this pregnancy is going to end badly too. Has anyone else had a similar experience? My hcg levels at 5w1d were 4291 and 5w3d 8590 so I had expected to see more on the ultrasound. Any help would be so appreciated.

I had a scan at 5+4 with my first and just saw sac and yolk. Paid for a private follow up at 8 weeks and all was fine. He's now a 4 year old healthy boy. Good luck :)

That is reassuring. I wouldn't have been as worried about the ultrasound if I didn't wake up today not nauseous. I am not sure if it is normal for it to come and go.

With this pregnancy I had a scan at 5+5 and saw sac and yolk sac but no baby. 12 days later a scan showed all was well and a baby with a good heart beat. My symptoms came and went at that stage too. I am now 11+ weeks and hear the baby on a Doppler easily. I had a beta before the first scan that showed decent levels too but still we didn't see the baby.

All you can do is relax and wait for the next scan, chances are high that it was too early.

Also with my last baby, I had a scan at 6+2 and they told me that if I had gone in literally one day earlier we would not have seen the pole or heartbeat as she was only 2mm.

Good luck.

I had an ultrasound at 6+3 with Sophie and didn't see a fetal pole or yolk sac. Went back a week later and all was fine :).

With DD I went in at 6 weeks on the dot and the doctor told me had we gone in just a day sooner we wouldn't have seen anything. It's a good change the scan was just too early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->