6 Month Old Lost Interest in Food Help!!

MichelleW

Expecting Baby No 2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Hope you can help, my son has been weaned since 4 months at advice of paeditrician in hospital due to reflux, he has always taken his milk (bottlefed) and solids very eagerly but the last week or so seems to have lost interest and even and turns away, its even a fight to give him his bottle, slightly easier when he is tired but everything seems to be a struggle and I wont force him to eat but dont want him losing weight! Any suggestions??

I've also noticed he is making chewing faces but has nothing in his mouth, I thought he was telling me he was hungry but no doesn't make a difference!

It doesnt really matter if he doesnt take as much food. Milks most important until they are 1 so persevere with that and give it before offering any solids so he doesnt get filled up. x.

It doesnt really matter if he doesnt take as much food. Milks most important until they are 1 so persevere with that and give it before offering any solids so he doesnt get filled up. x.

He's lost interest in both though I even skipped the solids and he still fought the bit out with the milk, just dont know what's going on as he loves his milk and solids :shrug:

He's lost interest in both though I even skipped the solids and he still fought the bit out with the milk, just dont know what's going on as he loves his milk and solids :shrug:

I think they can go through fads. Some days Daisy will only take 11 ounces total which isnt enough but then other days more. I try n give her easy to eat stuff like yoghurt if she not taking milk. They like to keep us on our toes eh!

I would assume it's just a phase, my lb has went some days having 2 feeds and some days 5. You could always pop into docs if you're worried.

Could he be teething? Have you tried giving him teething gel before feeding?

He has been drooling and chomping on absolutely everything since just before 3 months! His cheeks do go really red but I cant see any teeth yet and he doesnt really moan just bites everything so I havent given him anything for it. Do you think I should give him bonjela, teething powders or painkillers before hand to see if it helps? Do they go off food if they are teething, I thought he would be really moany but not sure now!

He has been drooling and chomping on absolutely everything since just before 3 months! His cheeks do go really red but I cant see any teeth yet and he doesnt really moan just bites everything so I havent given him anything for it. Do you think I should give him bonjela, teething powders or painkillers before hand to see if it helps? Do they go off food if they are teething, I thought he would be really moany but not sure now!

I give Daisy Ashton and Parsons powders, dentinox gel and just bought bicciepegs which she seems to love. She hasnt gone off solids but they are all different. She doesnt cry or moan with her teeth either but Im sure it helps her when i give her stuff for it.x

Thanks Sunshine, when did you start giving your lo bickiepegs, I haven't seen or heard of them but I'm terrified that if I give him something like that he will choke, are they pretty safe for a 6 month old?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->