6 week old grunting for hours at same time every morning?

Ice Cold Cube

Mother of 2 and 3 angels
Reaction score
Hi everyone

My 6 week old always grunts really loudly and squirms in his crib from about 5am until 9am every morning. He doesn't cry because of it and doesn't seem distressed, but he sounds like a farm yard animal and we can't get any decent sleep!

My OH and I take it in turns to do the night feeds, and we are really careful to wind him properly after every feed (breastmilk in Dr Brown's bottles) but he is swaddled at night and I wonder if that might have something to do with it? Could it be trapped wind do you think, or is he just trying to break free, the previous few hours of swaddling being enough for him? He sleeps soundly between feeds at 1am and 5am though, so it's really weird that the grunting only happens after his second night feed......

Any info or advice would be much appreciated :)

Laura x

My baby grunts too!
He tends to do it when he first goes to sleep though. He is so noisy! He grunts, groans, moans, trumps. He is a very noisy little boy.
I am BFing and we don't swaddle him, so its not that in our case.
Weird!
Xx

Mines doing that now, same time every day, its when shes trying to poo :D

Leni does this too, from about 4-5am onwards for a few hours. We sleep together and
He isn't swaddled and he still does it, so I am not sure is swaddling or not has anything to do with it! X

Put baby grunting syndrome into google. It because they dont know how to move their bowels yet. My lo used to do it all the time and grew out of it at about 2 - 3 months. He sounded like a little lamb lol xx

mine is exactly the same and i swear it could have been me that wrote your post even down to my name being laura and me being from Scotland!!!Hahaha!!Its quite annoying cuz I try and sleep through it but its REALLY loud!!!x

mine is exactly the same and i swear it could have been me that wrote your post even down to my name being laura and me being from Scotland!!!Hahaha!!Its quite annoying cuz I try and sleep through it but its REALLY loud!!!x

Maybe its jus a 'laura' thing, as this is exactly what my daughter does too! I've been told its wind. whick would make sense:....my daughter trumps that mych she sounds jet propelled! Lol

This brings back memories! I raised the head of her moses basket up and it worked

Hi everyone

My 6 week old always grunts really loudly and squirms in his crib from about 5am until 9am every morning. He doesn't cry because of it and doesn't seem distressed, but he sounds like a farm yard animal and we can't get any decent sleep!

My OH and I take it in turns to do the night feeds, and we are really careful to wind him properly after every feed (breastmilk in Dr Brown's bottles) but he is swaddled at night and I wonder if that might have something to do with it? Could it be trapped wind do you think, or is he just trying to break free, the previous few hours of swaddling being enough for him? He sleeps soundly between feeds at 1am and 5am though, so it's really weird that the grunting only happens after his second night feed......

Any info or advice would be much appreciated :)

Laura x

omg soo glad u posted this! my baby does the same couldnt of write it better myself he feeds at 1 and 5am exactly like yours then from like 6am hes grunting and straining in his crib, ive taken him out many of times and tried winding him but dont seem to be trapped wind, like your LO hes not crying or in pain :shrug: (mines 2 weeks old by the way) might just be a baby thing hey??

Yep my baby is exactly the same, so glad you put this thread up 'cos I had wondered if there might be something wrong! He is such a noisy little boy, keeping me and Daddy awake quite a lot. I have wondered if it is wind too. It's not all night every night I have to say, just at certain times although if he has slept a lot during the day I find that he is noisier and less settled at night. What noisy babies we have!!

This is exactly what my little girl does too!

Lol jess does this too but I've learnt to sleep thro it !

Yep, mine does it too, fingers crossed he is starting to grow out of it now at 10 weeks!

Thanks everyone - it's really good to know he's not the only baby doing this!

Laura x

Hi,

Mine has done the same thing every night for 2-3 hours, sounds dry and like clearingbthe throat. Fine during the day or if outside, did some searching on the Internet the other day and it may even be if the air us too dry, have put a bowl of water in the bedroom to ease this and it seems to have worked...........or maybe in a previous life mine was a pig!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"