6 week scan tomorrow...

babyleaf

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Due to some spotting at 4 weeks, my EPU booked me in for an early ultrasound at 6 weeks to check on everything, which is tomorrow. By my calculations I'll be 6+1. I've read a lot of stories about people not seeing much this early and I guess I'm just super nervous that it'll be too early to see anything and I'll wind myself up thinking it's all doomed if I don't :(

Any positive stories you can share or reassurance?

I had scans on previous babys at 6 weeks and saw heartbeat! This baby I didn't have a scan until 6+6 but still saw the heartbeat!

Dont be alarmed if theres no heartbeat just yet, it just takes longer for some! Good luck :)

I had a scan with DD at just over 6 weeks and saw a gestational sac yolk sack and a tiny flicker of a HB.
Please dont worry if u dont see much tho. U can be slightly less or more depending on when u ovulated.
Hope it all goes well. Ure spotting may of been implantation bleeding. Good luck for tomorrow hon

With my last baby I bled with her really heavy and painfully, from my history I was adamant I'd lost it. But I had a scan at 6 weeks and saw a baby and heartbeat, although my dates were slightly out - they put me behind xx

Thanks everyone, you’re all so wonderful <3 definitely helps hearing your stories. My appt is at 8am tomorrow so at least I don’t have to wait around. Will update afterwards x

They had me in a complete panic at 6+1 as they said hb was too low at 94 I had the week from hell waiting to be rescanned but everything was fine so if that happens don’t worry. Good luck x

I had a scan with my daughter at 5w6d and with my son at 6w1d, saw a baby and hb on both. Although I wouldn't be worried at all if you didn't see a fetal pole. If your days are only slightly off they may not see one so early. Good luck xx

Well ladies, we saw a heartbeat! We're so over the moon and of course I burst into tears as soon as I saw that little flicker. Thanks for all your support :)

Here's our little one! She said baby was measuring around 3mm, not sure what the average is at this stage but she said everything looks normal. I was a bit worried about the size of the yolk sac but she didn't comment on it at all so I guess it's okay?

IMG_5197.JPG

Last edited:
So relieved for you. I just booked an 8 week scan today as I need some reassurance before my 12 week scan too :) Lovely pic and happy you got to hear the HB, congrats! x

Congrats hun, so happy for you.

I’ve got my early scan on Friday and I’ll be 6+5. Been feeling so nervous about it since I found out I’m pregnant, but I’ve been feeling sickly lately so hoping all is well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->