6 weeks and no fetal pole - UPDATE ON PAGE 4

Tiggerz - how did your doctor react when didn't have a fetal pole at 6w5d? Mine seemed so pessimistic.

He just said it's just a little early to see and explained how tiny everything is at that stage - he also said things looked good and the sac was nice and round indicating healthy! If things are going wrong apparently they kinda go flat like letting a balloon slowly deflate.

I'm sure you'll be ok hunny - I think you were scanned too early and IMO from my experience they shouldn't scan until 7 wks+ as it causes so much upset and stress when a baby isn't seen, but had the scan been done a few days later that stress wouldn't have been necessary xx

Goodluck! Please message me after your next scan - I don't want to miss your update xxxx

I will definitely let you know!

Maybe your a bit earlier? I was 6 weeks at my early scan and you only just seen bean and heartbeat hope bean shows up for you xx

you could be a little early hun! i hope everything turns out ok, I had a blighted ovum in 2007 and i really hope you dont have to go through that. x x

Hi Ohiomom

This is exactly what happening to me went to the clinic at 6 weeks 1day and i know exactly as I had IVF and they only saw two sacs and two egg but not Fetal pole or HB. The ultra sound lady said it is probably two earlier and I have an awful two weeks wait for another scan. This is horrible and my heart goes out to you as I know how much worrying I am doing. Looking forward to your update x

Oh, we are so in the same boat! My LMP was 6/22 as well, and had a transvag ultrasound on 8/3 and they couldn't see a fetal pole either. They kind of freaked me out. But my HCG is still climbing appropriately. I have another ultrasound on Friday, and I just keep telling myself everything is OK. It's what I have to do to get thru the day, you know?

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, that everything turns out fantastic.

I've been reading a forum www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com and they have dozens of stories of women who were told they had no fetal pole at 6 weeks, only to have a strong heartbeat by 8 weeks. Don't stress too much! :pray:

hi there i am in a very similar position i have been for a scan today and they saw nothing just a sac no yolk sac no fetal pole just the gest sac

i cried all the way back from the docs they are doing another scan in a fortnight

Oh, we are so in the same boat! My LMP was 6/22 as well, and had a transvag ultrasound on 8/3 and they couldn't see a fetal pole either. They kind of freaked me out. But my HCG is still climbing appropriately. I have another ultrasound on Friday, and I just keep telling myself everything is OK. It's what I have to do to get thru the day, you know?

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, that everything turns out fantastic.

I've been reading a forum and they have dozens of stories of women who were told they had no fetal pole at 6 weeks, only to have a strong heartbeat by 8 weeks. Don't stress too much! :pray:

I will let you know how things turn out. I go to the doctor's office in two hours for my second u/s. Crossing my fingers. I felt much better reading the misdiagnosed miscarriage website as there are alot of people in our situation and things turned out just fine. Thanks Ladies - I'll keep you posted!

I too had a scan at 6 weeks and had no fetal pole. At 6w 4d we had a heartbeat. It was probably just too early to see. Did they see a yolk sac?

hi there i am in a very similar position i have been for a scan today and they saw nothing just a sac no yolk sac no fetal pole just the gest sac

i cried all the way back from the docs they are doing another scan in a fortnight

Hon you're only four weeks and two days. The gestational sac is about 3mm long, there is no way in heck there would be a yolk sac or fetal pole showing at that stage for *anybody*. Please stay calm! :hugs: Your next scan will definitely be showing a different picture. xxx

Hon you're only four weeks and two days. The gestational sac is about 3mm long, there is no way in heck there would be a yolk sac or fetal pole showing at that stage for *anybody*. Please stay calm! :hugs: Your next scan will definitely be showing a different picture. xxx

thank you so much i have only just changed my tickers the GP estimated me at 5w 2d (that was on a 28 day cycle which mine is not) thats why i was so upset but after speaking to the trainee gyn she said going off last bleed and average cycle length i am more like 4w 2d so i am feeling much better about it all now x

Update!!

I just got back from the doctor's office. I was able to see the baby and heartbeat. Best of all, I was able to hear the heartbeat. Everything is looking great and I am off to the races. My RE released me to my OB/GYN!

Thank you to all you ladies. Your support is amazing and it got me through this period. To all you mom's out there in my position, just be patient, your baby will come around!

thats great news hunny so pleased for you (and its put my mind at ease) x

Just read your thread, Glad to hear everything worked out great! xx

Yay, that is so awesome! :) I'm glad to hear it. And you give me hope as well!

Update!!

I just got back from the doctor's office. I was able to see the baby and heartbeat. Best of all, I was able to hear the heartbeat. Everything is looking great and I am off to the races. My RE released me to my OB/GYN!

Thank you to all you ladies. Your support is amazing and it got me through this period. To all you mom's out there in my position, just be patient, your baby will come around!

:cloud9: absolutely thrilled for you!!!!! Wonderful news!!!!!! The exact same thing happened to me and my dd - I am thrilled for you!!!

:happydance:yay i knew it would work out, so happy for u, congrats hunny!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->