6 weeks and on Lovenox

Jami888

Reaction score
so im 6 weeks 2 days and have been on lovenox for a whole week. its painful...and I look like a leopard with all my spots....

I have a blood clotting disorder. have had 4 MC with 2 live births right in the middle of it. 2 MC on no meds at all, then my first live one was my son who I was on lovenox from 5 weeks, my second was my daughter who I was on baby aspirin. ive gone on to have 2 MC since my daughter and I was not on any meds and my doc believes that's why I lost them. wasn't my fault though...I was fighting with my insurance and it took too long to get it...therefore by the time I went to the DR, baby had died :cry:

but anywho, my last MC was 3/24 of this year, so I had one period in between and am now preggo again. doc started me on lovenox immediately. I have an US next Friday and even though im on lovenox and aspirin...im dreading it. I just know im gonna go in there and see no heartbeat...I cant get it out of my head.
anyone else out there around the same time as me and on lovenox or blood thinners because of previous MC? I really need a pregnancy buddy who understands.

I am on it because of previous stillbirth i also have a clotting disorder, i have had 3 successful pregnancies on the blood thinners (clexname) and aspirin.

Unfortunately every scan i have had i think they will tell me my baby has gone, its just something that happens to us who have lost xxx I wish i could make it go away for you, but its part of being a mummy to an angel i am afraid xxx Wishing you a H&H 9 months xxxx

Hi!!! How far along are you? Have you heard the heartbeat yet? I am the same as the only 2 living kids out of 6 pregnancies, we're the ones I used blood thinners. Just makes me wonder...if I were alive 100 or more years ago, before the meds, would I not have had children?

It's crazy...growing up I never heard of clotting disorders. I knew my mom and Grandma had had many MC, and I thought it was common. But now as an adult...none of my friends or Co workers have ever had one. I'm literally the only one. They act like it's so weird that I have so many. Like they've never heard of such a thing.

Yes after so many losses it makes it impossible to get excited. I try to stay positive in front of friends and hubby...but I always end up saying things like "we'll see how far this one makes it"....or "I'm not getting my hopes up until 15 weeks".

I have 2 children already and know I am so blessed, but can't shake that feeling that were missing someone. :baby:

I haven't heard the heartbeat, but i have seen it three times now :winkwink: I am really lucky not to have had any mc's so far, but i think it makes you more grateful for what you have if there are complications xxxx I am 15 weeks now, i have to see the consultant next week so i am a bit anxious at the moment xx

How are you finding the injections xx

I haven't heard it either on my end. Ive had two sonos already. one at 4 weeks where all we saw was a thickened lining. then last week at 5 weeks 4 days we saw a gest sac and yolk sac which doc said was exactly what theyd expect to see at that stage. however he did very quietly at the end say "the gest sac looks a bit small, but that's ok"...so not sure what to make of that right now. now I go next Friday and we should see baby and heartbeat. ive been feeling nausea, fatigue, and dizziness. cramping has subsided and so has sore breasts...but im trying not to worry about symptoms. my last MMC baby died at 6 weeks 3 days but I didn't find out til 11 weeks and I was having horrible sickness the whole time. so to me symptoms don't mean good or bad. today I am actually 6 weeks and 3 days and trying not to think about the fact that the other one died at this time.
I have had many MC but ive never had a stillbirth. that sounds so much worse and heartbreaking. to get to a stage you feel you are safe. how far along were you if you don't mind me asking? how did you cope with that? I was a mess my first MC, but it seems everyone not necessarily gets easier...but I get numb and don't show my pain.

the injections are terrible. I hate needles and I love to do things all natural. I hate medicine so the fact I have to take meds everyday kills me. the first few days were torture having to stab myself...but now my stomach is full of purple dots and bruises and it seems easier for me to just jab it in quickly. the after math hurts worse than the needle going in. it burns and hurts a bit. got a few welts but id do anything for this baby so I deal. how are you dealing with them?

I was 36+6 when he died, it was the most horrific thing i have been through, he was 8lbs when i gave birth to him, and to have him snatched away at the last point was just too much. I just wanted to die, if it had not been for my husband i would have gone with him. He was perfect in every way :( I knew something was wrong and was dismissed at every turn... i felt insane!

This is my 4th pregnancy with them so i am alright with them now, the first two was horrible i was a wreck with them. But now, they are nothing to me.

Its so difficult to a stage where you lost one, i know when i hit 36+6 i get a bit hysterical, even though i am induced the day after, its still terrifying to think about it, and relive

omg that's horrible. I know the feeling you are talking about. when my son was 2, right after my daughter was born, he had a seizure and stopped breathing. he went 5 minutes without oxygen and eyes almost popping out of his head, face blue....God happened to be with us that day as we had him outside on the ground screaming for help and a man jogging by was a DR!!! what are the odds. he came running over, told us to turn him on his side, did CPR til the fire dept got there. it was the worst day ever. but I kept telling my husband...if he goes...im going with him. omg it just brought up all those emotions from 3 years ago. I would become nothing if I lost one of my babies. I am so so so sorry for your loss. so was it a blood clot? because they induced me with my son for fear I would get a clot as he got bigger. my daughter came early naturally though. I tend to get clots earlier though. the latest one between 12 and 14 weeks.

The placenta was blocked.

Oh my god what happened to your son just sent chills down my spine!! Thank god he is here and ok!!!!

Hey Jessica, weren't you pregnant last year as well? I seem to remember you commenting on the tri boards at the same time.

Jami I was diagnosed with both Thrombophelia and AntiPhospholipid Antibody blood clotting disorders. When my GP saw the APA she told me she had a 30 year old patient of hers pass away as she got a clot in her leg that broke off and travelled to her lungs. It scared the poop out of me, the lady wasn't even pregnant. She then asked how many of my family members have passed and to my recollection it's been mostly clot type events ie heart, brain but clotting events. So I'll be on baby aspirin when I turn into my senior days, that's one good thing about knowing this about you but for now, I like you ladies absolutely have to be on Lovenox daily if I wish to carry my pregnancies through. I've had 2 mc and a chemical. Blood clots cause all sorts of issues from baby not being able to implant deeply to blockages in the cord.

Keep on your thinners and I'm sure you'll see that heartbeat. Stay positive, the only thing we have control over is making sure we get those injections in to help baby stay healthy xx

hello! welcome!!! lol
I totally agree with you. the last two died and I felt responsible because I wasn't taking my meds. I don't think it was chromosomal issues because my two living kids have absolutely nothing wrong with them and the first two mc I had I had the remains tested and nothing like that ever came back wrong. just the clots cutting off support. so I can atleast have confidence that I am doing everything humanly possible to make this one survive. if it doesn't work out I wont be able to say it was my fault or I could've don't something differently.

how are you guys feeling? have you made it past the sickness? my symptoms right now are fatigue, nausea, burping, gas :blush:, and im always HOT!!

hello! welcome!!! lol
I totally agree with you. the last two died and I felt responsible because I wasn't taking my meds. I don't think it was chromosomal issues because my two living kids have absolutely nothing wrong with them and the first two mc I had I had the remains tested and nothing like that ever came back wrong. just the clots cutting off support. so I can atleast have confidence that I am doing everything humanly possible to make this one survive. if it doesn't work out I wont be able to say it was my fault or I could've don't something vdifferently.

how are you guys feeling? have you made it past the sickness? my symptoms right now are fatigue, nausea, burping, gas :blush:, and im always HOT!!

Thanks Jami :flower: How did they know about your clotting? Was it after your loss they tested you? And how do you know if your kids haven't had it passed along? I'm going to have to warn my LO when she's in her 20's to either have kids or freeze her eggs, I'll offer to pay for it since I'm potentially passing her early diminished reserves for fertility. Plus the clotting stuff, we'll just get her tested. Poor thing to have to take all that on, c'est la vie! The only crappy thing that happens with the injections is I tend to not be able to have the tiny injection holes heal and last time I was walking around on our holiday in Greece and I sprung bloody patches from my belly where I inject (yuk!) So I carry around those little circle band aids just incase. This ever happen to you ladies?

I guess your metabolism must be ramping up with baby or maybe it's all the hormones making you hot. Hopefully you don't get ms, I wouldn't mind something just to feel like I'm pregnant!:wacko:

I'm only 5 weeks along and with my last pregnancy I didn't get much ms, food aversions (except coffee), or cravings. How about you? Do you ever get aversions etc? I'm pretty sensitive to sugar already though, a price of cake made my heart beat so fast the other day I thought I was going to pass out so I think I'll have GD again. It's strange that I got GD in the first place, my BMI is 22-23 usually, it's not in my family, I'm not Hispanic (apparently it's more common in some cultures), but I just react badly to sugar & carbs. It helped me keep a good weight last pregnancy so maybe this one too?
They think I have twins as my beta scores were off the charts and I got my double lines 3 days after the transfer. I did IVF in Europe to give our DD a sibling(s) and I didn't want them far apart in age so I went to get pregnant while on my maternity leave. I was diagnosed with diminished reserves at 34 so wasn't going to wait around another 6 years for a pregnancy lol. Hopefully it's twins to finish off the family:bunny::dance:

I am hot, grumpy and i keep crying, also i keep waking up at 3-4 am :wacko:

I did feel sick last night but have only actually been sick a few times, unlike my first three, i had sickness right up until i gave birth 6+ times a day, it was bloody horrible, How about you, are you having lots of symptoms?

Hey Jessica, weren't you pregnant last year as well? I seem to remember you commenting on the tri boards at the same time.

Jami I was diagnosed with both Thrombophelia and AntiPhospholipid Antibody blood clotting disorders. When my GP saw the APA she told me she had a 30 year old patient of hers pass away as she got a clot in her leg that broke off and travelled to her lungs. It scared the poop out of me, the lady wasn't even pregnant. She then asked how many of my family members have passed and to my recollection it's been mostly clot type events ie heart, brain but clotting events. So I'll be on baby aspirin when I turn into my senior days, that's one good thing about knowing this about you but for now, I like you ladies absolutely have to be on Lovenox daily if I wish to carry my pregnancies through. I've had 2 mc and a chemical. Blood clots cause all sorts of issues from baby not being able to implant deeply to blockages in the cord.

Keep on your thinners and I'm sure you'll see that heartbeat. Stay positive, the only thing we have control over is making sure we get those injections in to help baby stay healthy xx

Yes that was me, i had a little boy Andrew, he is 8 months now <3

My family history is the same, they all (gran's family) died of thrombosis, one even lost their leg, thanks nan!! :dohh:

I have had blood clots travel to my lungs, its really not nice, i was on warfrin for about 18 months after, was not a fun time.

Hi all. I have had 3 mc and 1 ectopic. I am now on clexane. Cyclogest and baby aspirin. Have my first scan Friday where I'll be 6w3d. So scared and it's my birthday that day so hoping for good news x

Hi all. I have had 3 mc and 1 ectopic. I am now on clexane. Cyclogest and baby aspirin. Have my first scan Friday where I'll be 6w3d. So scared and it's my birthday that day so hoping for good news x

Fingers crossed for you xxxxx :hugs:

Hi Cath, let us know how ypur scan goes. My first scan is next Friday @ 7 weeks and I'm finding it hard to wait. Fx that everything is ok for you!

Thanks both. I am absolutely petrified! I know the chances of seeing anything at 6w3d are very slim but I really don't want there to be an empty sac and have to wait a fortnight.

How are you both finding the injections?

Hi again ladies. Had a busy father's day weekend so wasn't on here much. I hope you all are doing well. Seems there alot more people now in the same situation than friday...which is sad....but comforting to know I'm not alone. After I lost 2 in a row in 2008 and 2009, they tested the fetus and did lots of bloodwork on me. I have the RH factor, my mother and grandmother passed it to me. I am A- and my husband is o+. Dr thought this was the culprit with my first MMC (baby died at 12 weeks) DNC at 14 weeks. So I took rhogam and proceeded to get preggo immediately assuming everything would be fine. Nope.. lost that one. That's when they did tests and came back I had a pretty bad clotting disorder. My mother and grandmother had about 5 mc each but we're never tested and assumed it was the RH factor. Now that I am did nosed they wonder if that's what caused theirs.

Last week I was getting some pretty killer nausea. However Saturday after DTD I had some spotting. Then yesterday some brown tinged cm. I woke up today and didn't feel sick either which did not help my panic. I've called the dr and am waiting their call back. I am supposed to have a sono Friday but I hope they can get me in today and not make me wait that long. I am 7 wks today. All my MC have been MMC where I go weeks of still having symptoms and no bleeding. I've either had to have a DNC or misoprostol with all of them. My body just doesn't let go. It's cruel. Hopefully though if something is wrong I can catch this one right away and not have to wait weeks. I so so so badly want this last baby to complete my family. If they do get me in today I am not expecting to see the heartbeat. I'm expecting to leave there crying and wanting a drink....
Awful I know. But it seems to make it easier when I get the bad news. Where if it is good news by some grace of God I'll be so happy I'll probably cry.

The shots have me covered in bruises. No I've never had random bleeding from them. But another reason I need to find out asap if baby died is I don't want to be taking the shots for no reason. They are not fun

Dr just called....they're gonna get me in at 2:30 today. I am happy they are getting me in but i wish it was earlier than 2:30. This is going to be a long day. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->