6 weeks scan today, sooo nervous!!

Sophie1234

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Ive got my scan today. I should be 6weeks and 2days. Docs have scheduled it due to pain on one side. Really hoping its not ectopic! Had hcg done which has all doubled nicely. Well its not till 3pm so think todays going to drag. Has anyone else had a 6 weeks scan just lately and what did you see? X

Good luck! I went at what I thought was 7w2d but they pushed me back to 6w4d. I purposely waited an extra week in case that happened! If I had have gone a week earlier I wouldn't have even seen anything. But I got to see a little baby with a great heart beat :flower:

Don't be surprised if you are pushed back a few days and only see a gestational sac. If you are measuring at 6 weeks, you might even see a bean and a heart beat.

I had a scan at 6 weeks 2 days, and there was only a sac. They said that I could be up to a week early, due to late implantation (I didn't get a bfp until the day after af was due).
I just had a second scan yesterday at 9 weeks 2 days and saw a little bean with a heartbeat which measured 8 weeks 5 days :)

Before I had my first scan, everyone I had spoken to had seen a heartbeat at their 6 week scans, so I was really disappointed afterwards. That was silly, because it can be very normal not to see anything but a sac at that time!

Good luck x

Thanks ladies. So glad you have both seen your little beans and heartbeats! I had a scan at 6w1d with my DS and saw a heartbeat but that was 3 years ago and i know every pregnancies different. Im really hoping to see it but i know its still really really early for anything much. As long ad they say everything is in the right place then ill be happy with that. Ill post an update later on :) xx

Hi I had a Scan at 6 weeks I thought I was further but got put back 4 days t 6 weeks all was ok, Heart beat,fetal pole and Sac - Where all different and timing taking longer or shorter - Hate Late App's!! Mine was 9.50am So was a rush to get school run done then 20min drive, but then they was runnung 1hr late!! xx

I had mine yesterday at 7+2 and saw yolk sac and baby with very strong hb. good luck i'm sure yours will be great!

I, too, have had slight cramping/pain in my left side and was worried about ectopic but baby is in right place and turns out the cramps are just growing pains.

I had a scan at 6+3. Saw fetal pole and yolk sac, as well as heartbeat measuring 128 bpm. :) Mine was also done external on my stomach. Can't wait to see your update!

So, thank you all for all the good luck messages. The scan went perfectly!! I was put behind to 5 weeks and 6 days. Little bean measured in at 2.8mm with a lovely beating heart! So so happy. All in the right place and all looking very healthy. Thanks for all the support. Here is a scan photo which we have used to announce to family and friends. xx

Attachments

• our babies.jpg
    our babies.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 36
Congratulations! So pleased all went well. And amazing they saw the heartbeat at just under 6 weeks! Was that an internal scan or were they able to see it abdominally? Love the way you are announcing it! :thumbup:

Thank you :). It was an internal scan. She tried abdominally but due to me having a tilted uterus couldnt see anything. Was so surprised to have seen the heart beat. She said the pain could have been caused by a uterine fibroid she discovered. X

Congrats! Glad the scan went well for you!

Awww I'm glad the scan turned out well and the pain is nothing to worry about. That board is ADORABLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->