63 (&counting) Lucky MARCH testers come together!

Hi! I'm brand new here. I will be testing on the 1st of March, Auntie Flo is due on the fifth.

Hi again!

Does anyone know how to read temps if you have had a restless nights sleep? I am nearly 100% certain I ovulated yesterday and was excited to see my temp go up- which it did. But I also didn't sleep very well and was tossing and turning all night....

So I know I should be patient and see if my temp stays high but just thought I would see if any of you know how reliable that temp is?

For your temp to be reliable you need at least 4 solid hours sleep. If you had that then your temp should be fine. The next 2 temps will give you answers.

Looks like you may have. As 28329 said, though, you need to get a decent chunk of sleep and you'll need a couple more highs to confirm.

Thanks guys!

Yes I guess I just need to be patient to see if my temps go up/stay high...I do think I did though. As my CP has gone from high soft and open to low firm and open- which has been happening the day after I ovulate for the past few months.

This is going to be a long TWW...

Hello ladies! Coming over from February thread and just chilling here. Going to try and get fertility aid this month or cycle to try and boost chances, and also will get opks to try and find out where I'm ovulating better. I'm actually quarter Irish and quarter Scottish, so maybe my Irish luck will come in handy this cycle. Despite the Scottish part hating St. Patties, Which I personally love my Irish really comes out near March :3

Wish you all a great cycle, still don't know when I'll be testing (going through AF now) probably after St. Patties some time so maybe 15th or 16th.

The worst part of the TWW for me is that I think I get all these symptoms and convince myself I am pregnant and yet I have never gotten a positive pregnancy test, so it must all be in my head. The best thing for me to do would be to continue to take good care of my body but try not think about whether I am pregnant all the time and not overanalyze every minor change my body experiences. It's just really hard to do that!

Hey Lar I'm about the same. Symptom spotting makes the TWW so much harder. I think after 18 cycles and no pregnancies I'm getting the hang of it lol. I just remind myself that I'm never pregnant and I'm probably not pregnant now and then sure enough I'm not lol. I know it sounds terrible, but it works good to keep my expectations in check, and then I'm not so devastated when AF shows. I think if I ever do get pregnant I will be flat out shocked and won't be able to believe it.

I'm wishing you the best of luck this cycle with your IUI! I think if I were pursuing treatment it would be that much harder to keep my expectations in check!

Lar, Belle,

I have heard so many stories about ladies doing EVERYTHING to get pregnant and succeeding as soon as they give up. The couple we bought our house from were TTC for years and got pregnant the cycle they signed open adoption papers. The babies were born 3 months apart!!! Totally crazy.

What I'm trying to get at here is symptom spotting is a form of stressing, and stress = bad when you're TTC

like you said, Lar, everyone TTC would be so much better off spending their mental/emotional energy on improving their health rather than recording current health symptoms.

I've been cooking a lot since I started this TWW. I spent a little time researching the best foods for conception/implantation/early pregnancy and have been focusing on recipes with them!

Love to you two
Wrapunzel

This is my first time really in the TWW. We had a possible whoops last month but I only started thinking about it when my AF didn't show- although it was just late!

I couldn't sleep last night as I was so excited/nervous so I cannot imagine what it is like when you have been through it several times. I am so sorry you haven't got your BFP yet Lar and Belle- but I am sure it will happen- baby dust to you all!

I think it is right about the stress not being optimal and I am doing my best to keep calm. I actually did some mindfulness today for the first time ever and surprisingly (I was VERY skeptical) feel much calmer. Maybe give it a go- I used the app Headspace.

I LOVE the idea of making recipes with TWW friendly food! Thanks for that! I feel I am going to go insane during this TWW and I am only 1 dpo :dohh:

Sorry if I seem silly going on about how nervewracking the TWW is when it is my first one when some of you ladies have been trying for a while. I know I shouldn't be stressing yet...

I know what you're getting at Wrapunzel, but when it comes to infertility there are some conditions where no amount of relaxing will work. A person with bilateral tube blockages isn't going to get pregnant by relaxing. A person who doesn't ovulate on their own isn't going to get pregnant by relaxing. A couple with MFI won't suddenly get pregnant by relaxing.

While my infertility is unexplained it doesn't mean that there isn't something "wrong" I have a 1-4% chance each cycle... whether I relax or not. I suspect our issues may be due to thin lining and poor quality eggs/swimmers (microfragmentation). Relaxing won't fix those problems... but fertility treatments can help to over come them.

I took a cycle off last cycle where I didn't track anything, we didn't try (but didn't prevent) and I didn't get pregnant. I've had other cycles during the year where I had so much going on (moving, travel, getting a puppy, etc.) that I barely thought about TTC, and I didn't get pregnant. I've gone on vacations and didn't come back pregnant lol. I go to acupuncture weekly which I find immensely relaxing, I do yoga weekly and walk my dog which I also find relaxing. I don't symptom spot (which is super duper relaxing) and I'm not pregnant LOL.

I think you get my drift :) Thanks for your thoughts though. If anything I think your friend was just very lucky. No one hears the stories of people who adopt children and DON'T suddenly get pregnant on their own, but that is what happens the majority of the time.

Thanks for all your feedback! I am going to do my best not to stress about it. It does help when I remind myself that I have felt this way before and was wrong, so I shouldn't get my hopes up. It also helps when I remind myself that chances are I won't get pregnant on my first IUI, and even if I don't, I still have next month to try, and the month after, etc. I also tell myself I believe I will get pregnant one day, so it's just a matter of time, and when it happens is when it's meant to happen. It would be nice if it happened this month, but if it doesn't, that is okay too. I am trying to stay level-headed about this.

Any recommendations for good foods to eat for implantation/early pregnancy? I'd be interested in hearing more about that.

Im one of the ladies who gave up on ttc then it jus happened. After a year ttc my son and 6 losses we was told my dh can't concieve naturally and ivf was our only chance. So we gave up. No opk, no temping no symptom spotting. Just enjoying eachother. Then bam, 17dpo and dark bfp on an ic. That boy is a happy almost 4 year old now. It happens.

Sounds to me like there is validity to both experiences. I am sure there are many people who become pregnant after not trying so hard, but I also agree that some people will not get pregnant unless they receive the necessary treatment. Every couple is different.

I am so excited to join! We just started trying this cycle. I just got off of birth control so I have no idea what my cycle is going to look like, but I did get pregnant right away with my son.

I'm on CD8, so I won't be testing for a while... but according to Glow, maybe around March 8th (CD24)?

I think there will always be the lucky few who get pregnant after they stop trying. However, I think its a misnomer to suggest that there is a causal effect between the relaxation and the pregnancy. Those people likely would have gotten pregnant whether or not they relaxed and stopped trying. Statistically there are always a few who will get pregnant naturally even after years of trying, but those are the lucky few. They are the exceptions.

I really do think there is harm in telling people with infertility to relax and stop trying because we know from research that TI and fertility treatments increases the likelihood of pregnancy. Encouraging people to stop trying might prevent pregnancies for people who would have gotten pregnant had they pursued treatment.

I think the message should be "relax, it will happen, unless it doesn't, in which case feel free to freak out a little and pursue treatment if that is what you want." My average every day stress hasn't caused my infertility :) And relaxing won't cure it, although it has certainly helped me feel better throughout the process.

Welcome johnsa! I put you down for 8th, can always move it later if necessary.

Testing March 7th! My birthday!

Unfortunately I think the odds of a BFP are low. DH and I have been on opposite schedules. Little time to BD... :(

My af is due 13th march I may test early depending what my temps do x

Hi ladies! Witch got me 2 days early this evening, so I'll be testing on March 20th

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->