depends on the maturity. but after all if she was mature enough to get pregnant she may also be mature enough to help being a parent to her child.
I do think there is quite a difference between 13 and 16 or 17 yo too.

which leads me to the question why does the UK have such a way higher teenagepregnancy than th rest of europe?

well it is in that way related that for having sex you should be comfortable with the Idea of having it, and I certainly wasn't at the age of 13.

Maturity and sex dont go hand in hand at all.

I think there is so much of a safety net that teenagers done feel they need to be all that careful because they know they will get alot of help if they did get pregnant

I also heard that it has to do with the high age of consent so that kids aren't prepared to the consequences enough?
I mean maturity in the way that you are firstly ready to have sex and secndly that you are physically ready as well, not the maturity of knowing that it isnt a good idea to have sex without contraception

^^^^ well then essentially the 13 year isnt being 'a mum' .......if a 13 year accidently fell pregnant then you know its happened but i dont agree that a 13 year old should plan a pregnancy and people approving of it is wrong imo.

I never said I approved or that its a good idea to have a baby at 13. But accidents do happen. It doesn't mean they will be a bad mom. Once you have a child you spend the rest of your life being a mom, so what if you need financial help for a few years, it doesn't make you bad at what you do.

I think there is so much of a safety net that teenagers done feel they need to be all that careful because they know they will get alot of help if they did get pregnant

I agree with this. When I was at school, it seemed to be the career choice for quite a few of the girls when they left. ("Career choice" being their own words & not mine btw!).

:thumbup: good point

some people are all to well aware that they will get a roof over their heads and money in their pockets if they have kids, if all that was scrapped whats the bets that the ever growing population would slow down............??

^^^^ well then essentially the 13 year isnt being 'a mum' .......if a 13 year accidently fell pregnant then you know its happened but i dont agree that a 13 year old should plan a pregnancy and people approving of it is wrong imo.

I never said I approved or that its a good idea to have a baby at 13. But accidents do happen. It doesn't mean they will be a bad mom. Once you have a child you spend the rest of your life being a mom, so what if you need financial help for a few years, it doesn't make you bad at what you do.

accident or not what would a 13 year old be doing having sex? thinking that they are ready to do something like that and take the risk of getting pregnant shows they aren't mature enough, if they were they would understand why its important to not have underage sex and it's implications

I also heard that it has to do with the high age of consent so that kids aren't prepared to the consequences enough?

The age of consent is 16, I wouldn't say that was particularly high?

Granted I was 15, but I was in a relationship & took every precaution known to man. Getting pregnant was the biggest problem I would have had, it would have been telling my dad I was pregnant!

Exactly. Nobody is saying that 13 year olds should become parents.

My argument is just that being 13 doesn't automatically mean you can't be a good mother, even if you need help at first.

accident or not what would a 13 year old be doing having sex? thinking that they are ready to do something like that and take the risk of getting pregnant shows they aren't mature enough, if they were they would understand why its important to not have underage sex and it's implications

You can be irresponsible in some ways and responsible in others. You can't judge a person on one irresponsible action.

I believe the UK's teen pregnancy is so high because we are not taught sex education! Most countries are taught at least twice through school, I had one lesson on sex ed, and that was explaining what a penis does :shrug: May not be like that in all schools though <3

some people are all to well aware that they will get a roof over their heads and money in their pockets if they have kids, if all that was scrapped whats the bets that the ever growing population would slow down............??
Teenage pregnancy is also quite high in the US and they haven't got a good support system there.

We had alot of sex education.

I think the sex education this is a cop out tbh as its equally (if not more so) up to the parents to teach their children about safe sex. Parents need to take responsibilty for their children rather then shifting it onto the schools

Teenage pregnancy is also quite high in the US and they haven't got a good support system there.

not as high and they still have a support system and im talking about any age here to not just teenage.

I know some teen moms (not as yoing as 13 but 15 or 16 year olds) that end up being better mothers than some of the 30 year olds I know!

It really depends on the person & the support that they have.

It may not be acceptable in our society but there was a time when it was normal to have children at that age.

We had alot of sex education.

I think the sex education this is a cop out tbh as its equally (if not more so) up to the parents to teach their children about safe sex. Parents need to take responsibilty for their children rather then shifting it onto the schools

I understand that, but not all parents know STI's, and sexual problems/complications that a school could teach to make the students aware as a group. Thats just my opinion <3

but its a parents job to know those things, if they dont know they should learn for the sake of themselves and their children

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->