6weeks 2days pregnant and test line is lighter

Babydust28

Reaction score
I am a serial POAS and have been testing regular to just check the line is still there.
This pregnancy is the result of IVF, I have attached both pictures and as you can see the one has a darker test line to the control line which was done last week some time and then yesterday I used FMU and got the one where the test line is slightly lighter than the control.

I'm petrified something is going wrong, I am also far too scared to test again today. My scan is next wednesday (7w 3d) I'm going out of my mind, can anyone help? Has this happened to anyone and all been ok?

Thanks in advance x

Screenshot_20190611-111225_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190611-111206_Gallery.jpg

I’ve had tests go lighter before for literally no reason. It can depend on so many things - what you’ve drunk, general hydration, time of day, what you’ve eaten, how much dye is in the test. Honestly once they get lovely and dark you need to stop testing as it will just torture you for no reason. Your lines can’t get any darker so don’t worry yourself without reason (although I’m a fine one to talk!). I really wouldn’t test again. I know it’s hard xx

I’ve had tests go lighter before for literally no reason. It can depend on so many things - what you’ve drunk, general hydration, time of day, what you’ve eaten, how much dye is in the test. Honestly once they get lovely and dark you need to stop testing as it will just torture you for no reason. Your lines can’t get any darker so don’t worry yourself without reason (although I’m a fine one to talk!). I really wouldn’t test again. I know it’s hard xx

Thank you for your reply, my clinic said to stop testing which I have done... more so because I'm too scared to test incase it is getting lighter.
I'm so tempted to get a private scan done this evening but then worried it could be too soon to see anything.
I always thought the TWW was torture but this is something else, I'm driving myself crazy. X

Have you heard of the hook effect? It's when the hcg is so high you actually need to dilute your urine. When you do the test on diluted urine the test actually steals the dye from the control. I only found out about it because my tests were getting lighter and someone told me to dilute my urine and test again and they were right. I'm sure everything is absolutely fine x

Have you heard of the hook effect? It's when the hcg is so high you actually need to dilute your urine. When you do the test on diluted urine the test actually steals the dye from the control. I only found out about it because my tests were getting lighter and someone told me to dilute my urine and test again and they were right. I'm sure everything is absolutely fine x

You got there before I did! Was gonna say this hahaha x

As above! This happened to me at 6 weeks diluted my urine and super dark test line x

Oh thank you so much ladies!!!
I've just researched the hook effect and have had a good read, that makes sense. I don't want to risk diluting as im too scared to test again so will take that on board and chill now until next Wednesday.

I got a bit worried with the line going slightly lighter and the fact my sickness has really eased so much, maybe i'm having a good day and sickness will come back... crazy how we wish to feel rotten lol

Thanks again ladies . x

This happened to me around 6 weeks and like you I was freeking out.
Then I see a post about the hook effect and app when ure around 5 6 weeks the HCG levels can be so high that it conpletly confuses the test and will give u a fainter result. Some womon even get negatives.
What u need to do is add water to ure urine. 1/4 urine to 3/4 water and use a new test and u shud get ure darker result again. Also my FMU was whack. Try 2nd or 3rd MU good luck hon

When you have a loss, your hcg doesnt drop to 0 overnight. A HPT is not an indicator of anything except that you have HCG in your system. My loss at 6w3d, my hcg was 5314, so a HPT would have still been nice and dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->