8 Boys and wanting a Girl

I watched it and tried really really hard to understand but I just couldn't. I was so angry at various points, mostly notably the crying at a healthy scan and the casual discarding of the male embryos.

I am left wondering why these families put themselves through it when it would make much more sense to turn to adoption where they would be guaranteed to get their girl. If they were willing to adopt an older child the waiting time would be much less and they would give be giving a home to a little girl who really needed one rather than creating and discarding embryos.

They didn't seem to make any secret of their desire for a girl when around their current children. I have to wonder what effect on their self esteem it has when they know their birth was another failed attempt at a girl child.

I am curious as to why its all about wanting girls, could they not find any large families who had lots of girl children and wanted a boy. Are girls the preferred gender at the moment?

i dont see why if they want a girl so badly...why not adopt a girl that needs a home?! :shrug:

it does make sense hpjagged, i wouldnt even say i felt disappointed, to your normal lady its more a feeling of "oh right" and when you have got something in your head then to be told the opposite feels weird!

When I was told it was a girl. Something inside went oh ok it's not a boy. Hum now what. It's something you can never really explain without upsetting people and people getting angry.

i see what u mean hun, and i would never think they would love the child less :hugs:

these woman have just went OTT and need some serious help...

i guess you could in away compare it to the desire to be "perfect" by having loads of plastic surgery boob jobs, nose job, lipo ect ect and the fact they keep going till they have what they deem as perfect.

The desire to own your own company so you keep going and give it all you have untill you get it :shrug:

Very good point.

To be honest, I wasn't offended in any way by this, more pitying them. I mean you can see these women are hurting, and they have a very strong desire for a girl. I wasn't disappointed at all with Amalia as I didn't have a gender preference, but I guess no-one really knows until they're in that position. These women don't seem right psychologically, I can't really put my finger on it, but there is something about them that I can see relates to people who have mental health problems, I do feel quite sorry for them actually. I'm in no way condoning the crying over the healthy baby boy, but there is something that doesn't seem right about their mental health.

The comment that annoyed me was the woman who said about not having a girl was like not being able to have kids....what the hell??I tried for 2 years and that was heartbreaking enough and I would never compare that to not being able to have children!!Stupid Moo!
Donna
xxx

girl or boy it doesnt matter the most precious thing in the world is having children and becoming a parent, they dont know how lucky they are. some people just want want want SELFISH!!!!

If i never had a girl i think i'd be upset, like not heartbroken upset like them but it would make me a bit sad tbh, i'd get over it pretty fast but i cant understand being a little dissapointed about gender. However, the women on this show need a good slap, they have no bloody clue how lucky they are! They spend all these weeks dreading going to a scan in case theyre told its a boy, try and imagine dreading going to scans because you keep expecting there to be no heartbeat??? selfish and inconsiderate the lot of them, it seems like the ones who dont appreciate what they have that get it all :cry:

Having got three boys myself I would love to have a girl next if I were to have another but unfortunately getting pregnant was never easy for me. It took me three years and fertility drugs to finaly get a baby and I was over the moon with three healthy little boys :happydance: I could never feel gutted about having another boy like these women were because it's such a fecking miracle getting pregnant in the first place if you ask me :shrug: Of course a little girl would be nice cause I sometimes feel left out in this house what with all the footie and wrestling going on ( even the dog is a bloke....:dohh: LOL ) I guess what I'm trying to say is how bloody awful of them to be as upset as they were about having another boy....I would gladly have lots more boys if I could just get pregnant!

Here i go again

I have bad gender disappointment and I refuse to feel ashamed or guilty for a feeling i have never had control of.

Any normal mother/father/parent in their right mind would be grateful for a healthy child and/or a child for that matter. BUT.....some people have a deep routed desire for a certain sex. You cant understand it if you dont have it. Its like trying to understand someone with depression having never had it yourself.

My gender disappointment is more than a preference. When growing up, in any dreams i may have had, i have never desired, or wanted, a little girl. I cant explain it, except that in my heart I want and wanted boys. When I found out I was having my first daughter, I cried my eyes out for over a week and I was absolutely gutted. I did not want to feel that way, but i did. I now have a gorgeous daughter who i love with all my heart and i wouldnt swap her for the world.

However, my feelings for wanting a boy still remain. I am now pregnant with my second daughter. I feel just as gutted and upset about it but i know i will love her just as I do Maley.

I dont understand the women who abort their babies due to being the sex they dont want (that, to me, is a deep and disturbing pyschological issue and that person needs medical help). I just want to reiterate that.

Its a deep rooted thing for me thats very hard to explain. If i was rich I would keep going and trying for a boy, i cant lie and say i wouldnt. If i ended up with 8, 9, 10 girls, i know i would love them all with all my heart, but my desire for a boy would not go away.

Its a bit harsh to say that people with gender disappointed are selfish and ungrateful. I did not wish to feel this way and i would love to be excstatic about whichever sex I have but its not always the case. I am extremely grateful for my girls and their health but to say i was not disappointed to have girls is lying. I still crave a boy. (And for the record, i am not after the "perfect" family.....i just wanted boys).

Here i go again

I have bad gender disappointment and I refuse to feel ashamed or guilty for a feeling i have never had control of.

Any normal mother/father/parent in their right mind would be grateful for a healthy child and/or a child for that matter. BUT.....some people have a deep routed desire for a certain sex. You cant understand it if you dont have it. Its like trying to understand someone with depression having never had it yourself.

My gender disappointment is more than a preference. When growing up, in any dreams i may have had, i have never desired, or wanted, a little girl. I cant explain it, except that in my heart I want and wanted boys. When I found out I was having my first daughter, I cried my eyes out for over a week and I was absolutely gutted. I did not want to feel that way, but i did. I now have a gorgeous daughter who i love with all my heart and i wouldnt swap her for the world.

However, my feelings for wanting a boy still remain. I am now pregnant with my second daughter. I feel just as gutted and upset about it but i know i will love her just as I do Maley.

I dont understand the women who abort their babies due to being the sex they dont want (that, to me, is a deep and disturbing pyschological issue and that person needs medical help). I just want to reiterate that.

Its a deep rooted thing for me thats very hard to explain. If i was rich I would keep going and trying for a boy, i cant lie and say i wouldnt. If i ended up with 8, 9, 10 girls, i know i would love them all with all my heart, but my desire for a boy would not go away.

Its a bit harsh to say that people with gender disappointed are selfish and ungrateful. I did not wish to feel this way and i would love to be excstatic about whichever sex I have but its not always the case. I am extremely grateful for my girls and their health but to say i was not disappointed to have girls is lying. I still crave a boy. (And for the record, i am not after the "perfect" family.....i just wanted boys).

Agree 100%:thumbup: You can't understand unless you're in that position yourself.

i watched this last night and i have to say i actually felt really sorry for them women!!

I dont think its the fact they are not happy with having boys its just they have a strong desire for wanting a girl... whats wrong with that?

I know i would like to have a girl and if my next one isnt a girl and is a boy, i will be happy none the less but still have a great feeling of sadness that i will never have a girl!!

The website the ladies used wasn't this one, its another forum dedicated to the subject. It's a forum I have been on before, not because I wanted to sway but because I was desperate to know what sex my baby was before my scan lol I googled this product and the website came up and I couldn't help but have a read, some of it is seriously disturbing, other parts aren't, I don't think its wrong to have a preference however I do think its wrong to get carried away and take it to the extreme some women do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->