8 month Sleep regression please help

Ooh lip pulling hurts and yes we do get eye gouging too.
Michelle I wouldn't worry about what people think about you bringing Tabitha to bed with you. At the end of the day you have to do whatever it takes to get as much sleep as you can :)

We've just had wake up number one. Not confident that tonight will be a good one...

I've had 3 wake ups since sges been in bed at 7 not gonna be good week

We are on wake up number 1... She only fell asleep at 8 due to a late nap... She is up there crying, I'm trying to leave it a few mins..... It breaks my heart! OH keeps saying helpful things like we need to break this habit, I f***ing know this but you saying it isn't going to make it easier!! I know I'll give in soon tho.......

Good luck guys. She took over an hour to settle from wake up number one but still asleep as yet (frantically touching wood)

Been awake since 220am he settled at 410am! He's had a full 8oz feed cus he only had 1oz at bedtime! Argh! Why can't he have a full bottle go bed on. We WERE making progress of only taking up to 1 hr going back sleep........... To be fair I did keep him in his own bed to settle in there so that's prob why it took longer

Fabby - I totally sympathise! :hugs: We settled lo in her bed last night too. She was up from 2-3.30 and then from 5.30 she woke every half hour but was easy to settle. Ive been awake since then though so I'm gonna have to go have a nap with her today.

This sucks!!!!

Michelle - I know exactly what u mean when u say oh makes useless comments. My oh keeps saying she's waking because the temperature has dropped - despite me saying every bloody morning that I checked her temp, she's toasty warm & just wants to play!!!

Urgh - I feel a grumpy day coming on! :-(

He woke at 730. I however last looked at the time at 6am before falling back off.
What are all your routines?
Ours is:
7-8 wake and milk about 45 mins latter.... This sometimes is just a top up if he's had some night/early morning. Then solids.
Nap 2:5 hrs after waking usually for 1hr-1hr and a half
Lunch at 12-1230
Nap 3 hours after waking from last nap again for 1hr-1hr and a half
Milk at 3.30-4pm but just around 2oz
Tea at 5pm
Then start bath bottle bed in time for 3.5-4 hr awake time from last nap so in bed asleep at some point between 630-730 sometimes this can vary earlier or later depending on that pm nap

Him not wanting his bedtime bottle is happening more often than not though and is obviously waking up hungry! So I'm going tweak AGAIN today and not give him that small 2oz feed and give him his tea at 4pm and then instead of a yoghurt and sometimes fruit pot for pudding I'm going make up some fruity baby rice with that 2oz of milk he would normally have and then hope that he will drink his bedtime bottle.......

Our routine is;

Up at around 7am. Nap 2.5 hours later for half an hour. Nap at lunchtime for 2 hrs & then bed somewhere between 6.30-7.

She's just started cruising though & is getting tired before the 2.5 hours is up so I'm wondering if OT is playing a role in our rubbish nights. I'm going to go with her cues today & see what happens.

Is anyone elses lo mastering a new skill?

My baby has just started to crawl and this coincided with when she started having problems sleeping.
How's everyone feeling now?
We had a better night last night with only one wake up :)
Hope tonight goes well, fingers crossed x

Yeah he's started crawling, climbing, standing unaided (4 seconds lol!)

Oh and il add he cut his first tooth at the weekend and the other one is about to pop

Dans 9 months and around 22lb now, he wakes at 6.30am ish, breakfast of porridge and a banana, then a 8-10oz bottle at 8.30-m, nap at 9am for an hour, hour and a half, lunch at 12pm/12.30pm, bottle of around 5-7oz then down for nap at 1pm until 2.30pm/3pm. Has his tea around 4.30pm then bath at 6pm and bottle, usually 8oz at 6.30pm, bed at 7pm. These times often go half an hour here or there depending on wake up times etc but this is what he seems to have settled into. He's been waking loads for the last six weeks, hopefully it will pass! I've tweaked feeds and naps but nothing changes so I'm sticking with this! Last night I switched his White noise on when he woke at 9pm though and we didn't hear a peep until 6.30am!!! Random!

Funny about the white noise, again last night I left her pooh bear light show thingy on standby so it comes on when she makes noise n she woke up 3 times between 7-10 (but my next door neighbours boy is learning the trumpet!!!) and then didn't hear her til 730 this morning heard pooh bear few times over monitor but not her?!?! I'm sure the noise helps

She doesn't seem to be learning anything new except for learning how to click her tongue!!!! Still doesn't seem to bothered bout crawling!!!

Sounds like they have a lot on their plates lol!

Dd went for her lunch nap & woke after 30 mins. I didn't go with her coz I couldn't bear the thought of her waking me just as I dropped off. She wouldn't resettle & was actually licking my neck if I picked her up! Nice. So now she's overtired & very, very grumpy! It's gonna be a long afternoon & with ot on the cards it's gonna be another long night too :-(

AllyK my LO can't be bothered to crawl either, altho she rolls like a nutter! She is 9 months and 17lbs 10 (just a wee toot!)
Our day is :
7:30 - bottle 5 oz (altho with the broken sleep, its closer to 8, but i never let her sleep past 8)
8:30 - porridge & toast
9:30 - 11ish nap
11:30 - lunch
1:30 - 3:30ish - nap
3:30 - bottle 5oz
4:30 - fruit pot or some finger foods but not a big meal as she wont have her bedtime bottle
6:15 - upstairs for bath/bottle (7oz)/bed and usually asleep by 7

Somedays her afternoon naps are longer, esp if i'm tired and napping too! Also, my MIL is home from Singapore so she is walking her everyday so she isn't having proper naps in the pram as she is a light sleeper...

She was up @ 10pm last night, took her into our bed and i sat and played with my ipad and generally ignored her and tried not to play with her and wind her up. By 11 when OH came up, she was starting to settle onto her side in her sleepy position and was asleep by 12. I moved her to her cot @ 12:30 and that was her til i woke her @ 8.
Ignoring her definitely helped, she was much less hyper and wanting to play, i think she was just happy to have company! Monkey!
She already woke after being down for 30 mins, but she didn't have all her milk (only 2oz) before bed so i nipped up, she downed the rest and promptly fell asleep so i'm not going to count that one!!
Hope we all get a good nights sleep tonight ladies!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"