8 months + still wind ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Charlie is nearly 8 months and still waking up in between every hour - 3 hours at night and i think its due to wind still, ive started giving him gripe water at night again after his bottle he has before bed but im sure wind is why hes waking when i go in when he wakes i can hear him farting sometimes haha:blush: anyone know what i can do to help ? i thought his wind would of gone by now :hissy: im back to work 2 days a week on saturday and worrying about how much hes up at night still x

I'm not sure hun, Ruby's only just started to sleep through from last week but I don't know what's changed, she was the same as your Charlie with colic/wind we had such a terrible time with her until about a month ago.

One thing I thought it might be but not really sure is I've not been giving her as much water the past week as I normally do, she usually drinks from a cup, maybe she takes a lot of wind in drinking from a cup, I don't know.

No idea, the last time I used gripe water on Mia was when she was 2 months old.
Her wind now goes out nicely now....and quite loudly too!

Hi Coz, Quite a few times I put louis down for bed and he'll just be drifting off then he'll cry, after a while of trying to settle him, I'll pick him up for a cuddle and he'll either burp or fart!! I always wonder where it came from!! Wind is my enemy.

Hi Coz, Quite a few times I put louis down for bed and he'll just be drifting off then he'll cry, after a while of trying to settle him, I'll pick him up for a cuddle and he'll either burp or fart!! I always wonder where it came from!! Wind is my enemy.

lol i feel like these sleepless nights are never going to end, ive still not had more than 3 hours undisturbed sleep since he was born :dohh: :sleep:

We had a really similar problem with Max. He would wake up screaming in pain with bottom wind, he is a terribly windy little boy! We would bicycle leg, gripe water, infacol, warm bath, walking up and down the stairs endlessly...and in the end we decided as a last resort before seeing the doctors to change his formula to cow and gate comfort and we havent looked back since. No more early wake ups, he farts away happily now and hsi bowel movements seem to be much easier for him.....lovely!!! Might be worth considering changing his formula? Good luck

Try looking at what you are feeding your LO. Certain foods cause more wind than others. Things like pasta can cause a lot of wind especially if they are at all wheat intolerent. Try if possible to cut out things like yoghurt (dairy), anything with wheat and also green veggies and see if that makes a difference. If it does help, then you can slowly add things back in and that way you will figure out what is the main cause.

We had a really similar problem with Max. He would wake up screaming in pain with bottom wind, he is a terribly windy little boy! We would bicycle leg, gripe water, infacol, warm bath, walking up and down the stairs endlessly...and in the end we decided as a last resort before seeing the doctors to change his formula to cow and gate comfort and we havent looked back since. No more early wake ups, he farts away happily now and hsi bowel movements seem to be much easier for him.....lovely!!! Might be worth considering changing his formula? Good luck

thanks hun but ive tryed changing milk he was breast fed till 7 months then went on to aptimil, then cow and gate and now sma and no change :hissy: xx

Try looking at what you are feeding your LO. Certain foods cause more wind than others. Things like pasta can cause a lot of wind especially if they are at all wheat intolerent. Try if possible to cut out things like yoghurt (dairy), anything with wheat and also green veggies and see if that makes a difference. If it does help, then you can slowly add things back in and that way you will figure out what is the main cause.

i will have to try that he does have a yogurt every day after last solids but other than that he has porridge or toast for breaky and a jar for luch and a jar for dinner , he has a few organix baby crisps too maybe there not helping xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->