8 or 9 dpo, feel like I can see something?

Me neither! When i had my first, they were hands down the BEST on the market. The only time I got a line that looked like an indent, it was actually the start of a bfp and got darker from there. With my second, that was when the dreaded curved ones were around and seeing indents was common. Now they've gone back to the old style, but i think the test strips are the same, and i see the indent all the time! They're not to be trusted unless there is an obvious line. Shame.

I'm sorry :( I have had loads of their tests give me convincing indents before. I complained a few times but they don't reply

Yeah, I think I'm done with First Response. At least before 11 or 12 dpo. I realize it's partly my fault for testing at 8-9 dpo, but you just don't expect such blatant false positive results, you know?

The weird thing is when I looked at it hours later, the line had all but disappeared. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite? The results it gives you in the time frame are supposed to be accurate, while results seen hours later are supposed to be invalid. Mine was the opposite! It was such an obvious pink line irl too! I suppose the only other possibility was a chemical pregnancy, seeing as I only tested because I was having symptoms very similar to what I have in very early pregnancy. Which coincidentally have faded quite a bit today... Who knows.

Fingers crossed for next month, I get my implant out in two weeks. So who know we could be bump buddies lol
Ideally I’d want to avoid a jan baby ignoring I’m honest though.

Hmm if it was faint but obviously pink, i would say a chemical is definitely a possibility...however they do tend to darken with time so that is quite confusing. What dpo are you? When is "af" due?

Aimee, yeah I think for that reason we'll be skipping TTC next month. We would really prefer not to have a January baby.

Gigglebox, yeah I really don't know. I think faulty test is more likely but I just can't believe it was THAT bad. I posted it multiple places and pretty much everybody thought it looked like an early positive. I am probably 10 dpo today, but I didn't test this morning. I took two tests yesterday though, and they were both stark negatives. AF is due the 22nd. Think I'll be just waiting for AF and only test if she doesn't show.

Ideally I’d like Feb/match but beggars can’t be choosers hey. I have my husband in June, and then 3 of mine are July, August,September then the last one is Dec so I want one at the beginning of the year but with enough space to recover form December ahah! No pressure ����*♀️ We shall see though.

That was a mean test, I’ll be keeping my eyes peeling for this week though. Good luck.

Well good luck to you! 9dpo is still pretty early though, even for FRER. I think once you hit 10dpo (if you're certain of your ovulation date) and getting a negative at THAT point it's more likely you're not pregnant...if you look up the actual study FRER did to claim "6 days sooner" it tells you exact percentage of positives by dpo using urine that they know the hcg levels of. It's an interesting read if nothing else.

Anyway I think they've been so hung up on early detection that their quality has suffered. Indents seem common now; very frustrating.

If you don't hold out until the 22nd please post any other tests you take!

Aimee, we're in the same boat! Feb/March would be lovely. We have a An August, December, and March right now. I liked the spring birthday best. Though I would love really anything from February to June. This is only my second month TTC and I already frustrated! Lol, not really but I'm just not a big fan of the process! My cycles are really weird and I think I'm only ovulating about half the time. But who knows. I hope you get your February baby bfp in a couple months!

Gigglebox, yeah that's interesting about frer. I really wish they'd focus more on their quality control. I agree frers seem to be giving a lot of really extreme indents nowadays. It used to be the only indents you'd see were when someone would take the test out of the case. Or evaps waaayy after the the time limit. Not obvious lines after 5 minutes. But that curved handle frer screwed the whole thing up, I think. :/ I'll be sure to update, but pretty sure AF is coming for me this week!

Aimee, we're in the same boat! Feb/March would be lovely. We have a An August, December, and March right now. I liked the spring birthday best. Though I would love really anything from February to June. This is only my second month TTC and I already frustrated! Lol, not really but I'm just not a big fan of the process! My cycles are really weird and I think I'm only ovulating about half the time. But who knows. I hope you get your February baby bfp in a couple months!

Gigglebox, yeah that's interesting about frer. I really wish they'd focus more on their quality control. I agree frers seem to be giving a lot of really extreme indents nowadays. It used to be the only indents you'd see were when someone would take the test out of the case. Or evaps waaayy after the the time limit. Not obvious lines after 5 minutes. But that curved handle frer screwed the whole thing up, I think. :/ I'll be sure to update, but pretty sure AF is coming for me this week!

Did AF arrive in the end? Hope all is well x

Just to update, AF did come, right on schedule. Just a dark indent line! TBH I'm seeing FRER's have this issue all over the internet right now. I'm not testing early this month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->