8 weeks and so unwell I can’t get out bed.

ktm_x

Ellie's Mummy x
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am 8 weeks today and morning, or should I say 24/7 sickness has hit me hard this pregnancy. I never had it anywhere near as bad with DD.

I can’t eat, every little smell is making me gag. I feel constant nauseous, I’ve lost a stone in a week.

All I can do is sleep all day and all night. Luckily DD has been on holiday with her Dad the past week so I’ve had this pleasure.

I go back to college next week and DD back at school. I can’t go on like this, does anyone have any solutions? Will my GP prescribe anything?

Thanks xx

Really sorry you feel like this. My sister was similar with her second pregnancy, she never vomited just had extreme nausea and felt like she wasn't taken seriously because she wasn't actually being sick. But I would definitely say talk to your GP. There are anti nausea medications they can prescribe you, make it clear this is debilitating. I hope it doesn't last too long for you!

yes the gp can give you something to help

Can you take a semester off for medical reasons?

I can't remember if Scotland offers OTC doxylamine. It's an antihistamine.

Taking that with regular doses of Vitamin B6 is meant to help.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/unisom-and-b6

I'm quite ill off and on during the day. I agree sleeping helps me, but so does watermelon or oranges...oh and a bath.

:hugs:

Good luck

Hi everyone, I am 8 weeks today and morning, or should I say 24/7 sickness has hit me hard this pregnancy. I never had it anywhere near as bad with DD.

I can’t eat, every little smell is making me gag. I feel constant nauseous, I’ve lost a stone in a week.

All I can do is sleep all day and all night. Luckily DD has been on holiday with her Dad the past week so I’ve had this pleasure.

I go back to college next week and DD back at school. I can’t go on like this, does anyone have any solutions? Will my GP prescribe anything?

Thanks xx

Hey Hun, I was like this as well from 6 weeks onward, just coming out of it now at 12 weeks. Are there any nausea and vomiting in pregnancy clinics near you? What country are you in? Go to your dr or if there's a nvp clinic go there, and get a prescription. I'm in Canada, our nausea pills are called diclectin. I'm on 1 50mg gravol x 4 a day, 2 diclectin x 4 a day, and 1 Zantac x 2 per day. It's important to take your medication every 6 hours so it doesn't wear off. Even in the middle of the night. Set alarms on your phone for the whole day.

I had to get my family to watch my girls for the weekdays for the past 6 weeks as I could not care for them, or even myself. If I moved out of bed I would wretch over the toilet for hours. It's past the worse now thank God and I can care for my kids and make dinners again. Our church brought us dinners every night for 6 weeks. And I was on medical leave from work as well. I would consider taking time off school and getting help with the school run if at all possible. I'm so sorry, it was the worst 6 weeks of my life.

If you can't keep fluids down and Are dehydrated or lose 10% of your weight it is diagnosed as HG.

Can't say I have any advice to offer, but prayers for you. Congrats on your new little one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->