Oh wow. Your doctor is an idiot. He is supposed to help and advise not upset people. Arse.

Anyway when I was reading I did think either wind or silent reflux. I don't have experience with the Gaviscon but know someone will have so hopefully they can help soon.
Do you wind often? If baby is gulping down then lots of wind could be going down too which can cause the being sick.
Is this a new thing? Does it coincide with change in diet?
I imagine a syringe would be good for taking the Gaviscon. I'm not sure about the water though.

I really hope this is resolved very soon. You're doing great well done.

What you're seeing is not just milk. It's a combo of saliva, mucous, stomach acids and milk. BF babies rarely get reflux, although some do. Do you feel really full? LO could be getting too much foremilk which can cause gas and tummy upset=sick. It happens to mine some times. I would let baby suck and if you feel your let down, like kind of a tingling release, unlatch and let the let down go into a muslin cloth. Also, wind LO frequently during the feed. :) I'm sorry your GP was such a prick. I would report him. That's unacceptable behavior.

Oh, I also thought that teething can cause tummy upset and sickness.

Hi
I am in the same situation as you! My LO is sick so much, not projectile, and I have the frustrating situation of forever changing his clothes!
My LO is putting weight on and is otherwise happy and healthy! I tried the gaviscon but it literally did nothing!
I don't think my LO has reflux, I honestly just think he's a sicky baby and I'm hoping he will grow out of it.
As long as my LO is happy and content then I've just learnt to accept that he will get through a ton of bibs and clothes each day! I managed to get some weaning bibs that are basically bigger and go over the shoulders slightly so these are useful.
I gave up dairy as I was convinced that LO was intolerant but it turns out he isn't as I'm now having dairy again and he's exactly the same!
Is your LO happy when he is sick or does he get upset? Mine is never upset by it and often grins at the same time bless him!
Heather

^^Yes I've been told that he should grow out of it as he digestive system matures.
I know what you mean about the sick soaking through bibs onto clothes, it's horrible isn't it!
I've also tried bibs that were plasticy on the back thinking that it would solve the problem of it soaking through but I've found that the sick just tends to roll straight off the bib and onto his clothes with those!
I've tried all sorts of things with my LO- propping him up after feeds and such like but nothing seems to help, it just seems like if he's gonna be sick then he'll be sick, nomatter what we do!
If I find a solution I'll let you know! For now it seems the only thing that may help is buying shares in a bib company! Lol!
Heather

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"