8lb gain at 8/9 weeks??

sevenofnine

Reaction score
Before I was pregnant, I was 126lbs at 5'2. I weighed myself today, and weighed in at 134lbs! That's almost 8lbs in 8 weeks!!?

I'm really concerned. I had gained 8lbs by week 25 last time...

I am severely bloated, like really really painfully bad bloating, so I'm hoping it's not all "real" weight.

My diet hasn't changed (I'm definitely eating even a little less than before I got pregnant), so I have no idea how I could have gained 8lbs.

:(

The first thing I thought was bloating, then you said you were bloated! It won't be real weight. It'll slow down once your digestion improves a bit. Don't stress too much, I gained nearly 14lbs in my first trimester and I know I've kept gaining since then - I stopped weighing myself because I'm worried about becoming fixated on it as I dangerously have in the past. Try not to weigh yourself if you can help it - you'll know if your weight gain is spiralling just by how your clothes feel (I find my bra band to be the best indicator!) but if you've been eating well, you won't have gained a pound a week in fat.
Also, my midwife just happened to say to me yesterday "don't make the mistake of comparing with your last pregnancy. This is a different pregnancy, different baby, different hormone levels and you are a bit older now". Just sharing that advice!

It's very likely just bloat. I wouldn't worry to much if you are otherwise eating healthy. I have always felt the most miserable and bloated at 8/9 weeks and then it gets better after that. With my first I think I'd gained 6 lbs by 9 weeks. I only gained 16 lbs in my pregnancy though so it was either all bloat or it slowed down later on.

Probably too much info...but I was very concerned by my weight gain/bloat so far at 9 weeks...and I was severely constipated. Hadn't gone in over 2 weeks...I finally was able to "clear my system" and according to my scale I dropped 3lb after the big event...it was so not fun...

Probably too much info...but I was very concerned by my weight gain/bloat so far at 9 weeks...and I was severely constipated. Hadn't gone in over 2 weeks...I finally was able to "clear my system" and according to my scale I dropped 3lb after the big event...it was so not fun...

I am also constipated. Not 2 weeks worth, but I used to go 1-2X a day and now I'm going less than once every 3-4 days ☹️ Ouch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->