8w4d bad headache

Buffyx

Expecting #2
Reaction score
I have read that headaches are common throughout pregnancy, although I haven't had a single one up until yesterday. And it's still here today.

I saw some other forums from searching google that this can be due to plummeting HCG levels and miscarriage. Now I am freaking myself out. Anyone have any insight?

I've had headaches from the start :). It could also be to the continuing rise of the hcg. My sister in law got headaches starting in the second or third trimester. I'm sure everything is great!

I have suffered from migraines most my life and heard they could be worse through pregnancy. I've had 2 headaches so far that weren't too bad and thankfully no migraines so far. Each time 1 Tylenol did the job and headaches were gone... I don't know anything about headaches being related to miscarriage.

I know they're safe to take during pregnancy, but I haven't taken anything for the headache yet. I just rested and drank lots of water. Thinking I might have to take something today though because I have to work.

My book told me that it's because of your massive increased blood flow- you now have nearly 60% more blood that you did previously, and it will cause headaches. Stay away from Mr Google and try to relax :)

Yeah, I know that it's common, but this one is REALLY bad, and I haven't had one at all up until now.

I made a similar post a few weeks ago (I am now 11 weeks), as I usually never have headaches. It did go away after a while.

I imagine that it'll go away eventually, but I just worry about it.
I feel like all my other symptoms are gone except for my sore boobs right now!

Try not to worry (hard I know) , your probably not noticing your other symptoms because your focused on the headache . Keep drinking lots and resting. X

I just got my first headache today...took 2 Tylenol and it went away...now it's starting to come back again. I'm sure it's just from increased blood flow. Try not to worry about every little thing or you'll stress yourself out which isn't good for you or baby.

No! They are a result of any change in hormone- like RISING levels. They are very common and I suffered from them with both of my normal pregnancies. I found eating spicy food helped mitigate the pain. Something about the capsascin helps with blood flow??? Worked for me- give it a whirl. Good luck!

Hope your feeling better today buffy x

I saw some other forums from searching google that this can be due to plummeting HCG levels and miscarriage.

I've never heard this before. I'm prone to migraines and headaches pregnant or not, but pregnancy always increases their frequency. I truly wouldn't worry about it. When I have a headache I know will progress into something worse, I take a heating pad, enter a room w/o lights and rest on it for a while. Sometimes I nap as well. Helps with the severity.

Thank you :flower:
My headache has gone finally!

TTC: how are things going with you? X

I had headaches for about two weeks every day from 8 weeks. It's common. They were horrible, too. Increased blood volume is definitely a cause, as can low blood pressure, and related to both - dehydration! I found once upped my water intake my headaches eased off. Low blood sugar can also do it, so eat regularly.

Oh my god! It's back! How the hell am I supposed to function like this?! It's not a little headache. They are so bad!! I can't just nap. I'm at work.

I drink a lot of water.

I'm sorry Buffy :( I get occasional days where I have a horrible migraine too but luckily it's been on my days off. Are you ready to tell your boss yet? You might need to soon so they can accommodate bad days x

I just told my co-workers today. And cried. A lot. Damn hormones. They all said they guessed last week when I was sick at work anyway. Now I'm embarrassed to go to work tomorrow after my crying episode today.

Aww don't be too embarrassed-- it's what pregnant ladies do! We cry! At eeeeveeerything! :haha:

Oh my god! It's back! How the hell am I supposed to function like this?! It's not a little headache. They are so bad!! I can't just nap. I'm at work.

I drink a lot of water.

Honestly when I'm at work there's not much I can do. Do you work a desk job? If you can, try strapping a disposable heating pad to your head?

I know it sounds ridiculous but if I didn't work with customers it'd be something that I'd do. I've found that heat compresses help a lot. For a lot of people, cold compresses work, but that hasn't been the case for me.

Perhaps you're suffering from migraines? Sometimes women get their first migraines during pregnancy. Sensitivity to light and sound is a sign of a migraine.

If your headaches are greatly affecting you, your OB might prescribe Tylenol 3 for them. They're a lot safer than typical migraine meds.

Also, a close friend suggested I massage my head with peppermint oil when I feel a headache coming on. I have very stubborn headaches that sometimes progress to migraines and I've actually found it works for me. It works for DH's headaches as well.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"