9dpo symptoms disappearing.. BFN - too early??

abundance43

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :flower:
I am new to posting although I have been following things on Baby Center for a while now, and wishing everyone BFP's along the way!!
I hope I am posting in the right place..

I am hoping for some insight on my current situation:

I am currently 9dpo and up until today could have sworn I was pregnant (although I thought so last month as well and was shocked when AF arrived..)

Here are my symptoms:

2dpo - 7dpo = very mild lower abdominal cramping (never had this before)
2dpo - present = tender breasts, especially at the sides and front
4dpo - present = increased sugar cravings that feel uncontrollable
5dpo - 8dpo = vagina feels swollen (despite no intercourse which may sometimes make it feel that way… sorry, TMI)
6dpo - present = darkened areolas, with blue circle around left one, and ever so slightly can see blue veins in breasts towards nipples, especially left one; aureolas are also quite a bit larger than I've ever seen before, and nipples seem to be sticking out more - NEVER had any of this before - thought for sure this would mean BFP)..
7dpo - 8dpo = flutters in lower abdomen. First time it happened for only a few seconds, then last night it happened for about 1-2 minutes on and off straight. Like a butterfly was flapping it's wings in my abdomen (best way I can think to describe it!)
8dpo - present = significant fatigue

So I guess the symptoms I'm still having are tender breasts (although the tenderness is decreased a lot today compared to the last few days and feeling like it could go away completely… Areaolas are still darker and still enlarged, nipples still appear to stick out but not as much as they were before. I still have sugar cravings today, and significant fatigue. Nothing else at all...

My other concern is that my BBT chart had a peak temp at 5dpo and now has continued to go down over the last 4 days. Yesterday and today it was only about .10 above my cover line. The rest of my chart seemed pretty textbook - with a rise after ovulation and few days of high temps after that, before things started to go down..

I am losing hope and feel so sad as I had really convinced myself that this was it!! :cry:

Any input on my chances would be really appreciated, or any stories similar to mine that still resulted in a BFP??

Thanks so much xx :kiss:

Hi abundance - I am 7dpo so i think anyway but I have very similar symptoms to u spesh
the sugar cravings and diff breasts with bigger areolas n lumpy too. I couldn't resist n did a test tonite was bfn! Silly me! Ive felt kinda weird last few days but am thinking its just my body trying to trick me unfortunately 😒 I'm not due my af until a week tomorrow so got a way to wait yet! I have shorter cycles so seem to ovulate early. Hope we get bfps tho! X

Hi Hopefully!
Nice to know I'm not alone - have you ever had the bigger areaolas before??
Yes, in your case I would say 7dpo definitely too early, lol, but I don't blame you either :blush:
I keep wondering if it is my body playing tricks on me as well, but at the same time I'm shocked at myself that I could be so convinced that I was PG… and now, so much doubt.. :dohh:

I am due for AF on Friday or Saturday so I guess I will know more then..

I'm rooting for you and getting a BFP!!!
Keep me posted on your results, and on your symptoms k?

I just want to encourage you. I had a BFN at 9 DPO...like stark white. Not even a squinted of a line! I just tested today and it a BFP!! My symptoms that I was feeling early in disappeared and I thought for sure this month was out for me.
But I was wrong. Wait until your period is late if you can. Than you will have a definite answer. Baby dust to you !!!

FX, you might just be a bit early with testing. You aren't out until AF shows. Good luck!!

Thank you SO much, jenmcn1 - and a HUGE congratulations to you! That is so exciting.
And it really helps to know that you were in the same boat as me and it turned out well! Thank you for taking the time to write the encouraging words :)

Thank you, pacificlove! Good point and I have to try and remember that.
I definitely get caught up in symptoms spotting (something I never thought I would do but now do so full force, lol)…
Good luck to you too!

Jen - that's fabulous huge congratulations!! And defo encouraging to know that u got bfn before bfp cos a bfn is so disheartening!

Abundance - I will defo keep you updated...ive had no symptoms today 😐 just felt more tired than usual and a little warmer than usual but I don't temp but that's about it! Sometimes keep thinking I feel like bubbles n aches In ovaries but not sure it might be just in my head! I was so going to try not to symptom spot this month but still have!
Really hope we get bfps!
How you feeling? X

Ive had the bigger areola before but not the lumps on them that almost look like spots!

Hi hopefully,

Well for me, I was surprised that my 24 hours of on and off brown-tinged spotting (something I never get!) turned into an early AF tonight :(

I definitely made the mistake of letting all the symptoms add up and begin to really convince myself that I was getting that BFP..

It's okay though, next month is a new cycle.

I still would definitely like for you to keep me posted! I will have everything crossed for you and good news, k?! :)

Hiya, aw gutted you got your af. Guess this month just wasn't meant to be I always believe that everything happens for a reason. Hopefully next month will be your month and mine!
Ive not been feeling great, yesterday I had horrendous lower backache for hours it was so strong and I had cramps down there n then I was hot and had s sore throat so had a complete mixture of symptoms that probably don't even mean a bfp! I did test yesterday I know its very early n was totally bfn! Will keep u updated! Thanks for the message 😊 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->