9w5d pos ultrasound!

wheelz23

Reaction score
So, today I went in for my prenatal appt. They did a pap smear which I wasn't all that excited for, and now I feel crampy and am spotting. *sob*
But the doctor said baby is measuring exactly to the day, with a heartbeat, and things look great. She said I have a less than 5% chance of miscarriage, and that it was safe now to tell family.

Has anyone else heard this? It just seems early! I don't want to get super excited and be so heartbroken but I guess it's too late at this point anyways. Also, did your doctor give you a pap smear? I feel so gross now.

Thanks!

I have my first appointment with my OB at 10w5d and I believe I'm going to have a pap at that time as well. Did they do an internal us with you? I'm SO hoping I get another scan at that time. My last one was a week ago (7w5d) and I'm already itching for another!

I didn't have an official pap smear because I'd had one within the past year that came out fine. The doctor did check quickly, but it wasn't a full pap smear. I think I did get one with my son because it might have been longer since my last one that time.

It's really up to you whether to tell or not! Some people wait until twelve weeks because that's sort of a milestone. But seeing a healthy heartbeat at 9-10 weeks is a very, very good sign. Congratulations!

thank you ladies! And yes, I had another scan. I only had them before just because I was bleeding! Otherwise I wouldn't have had them. I tell you it's insane how much they grow so fast!

I had a check up when I went at 4wks to get my blood drawn showing I was pregnant and she did a full exam on me. I work in the lab that all my blood goes through so I lasted about 2 wks after that and I couldn't help myself and I started telling a few people at work. This is my first time ever being pregnant and where I am scared to death I am excited and couldn't hold it in, so we told our families and really close friends other than that we are keeping it off social media until 12wks. I kinda felt like something can happen at any time no matter if its 4wk or 20 something weeks. I want to be excited about our baby and I want my family to be excited with us as well as I'm going to need all the support in the world if something does happen anyway.. I know alot of people wouldn't say anything but eh.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it would be okay. I just knew it!!! That's why I've been up your butt. Hahaha. And yes, I've gotten a Pap smear done in the first trimester of two of my pregnancies. It did cause cramping and spotting, which passed after lots of rest and water the rest of the day. I took it easy the next day, too, until the soreness had passed.

Oh yes, 9 weeks + has a high viability percentage. I usually start to get really excited at 9 weeks. And if your dr is that confident in your pregnancy, I think you can be, too. They've seen all of this before. :) I am thrilled for you!

I've had a pap done with all 3 pregnancies in the first trimester. I actually ended up with 2 within 2 days as I had been in the ED the day before my first appt and they did one there and then had one had my first prenatal next day.

My midwife was certain I would spot, but I actually didn't. Though spotting IS normal after a pap. Even a transvaginal US. I'm glad things are looking great :hugs:

As far as when to tell, it's truly up to you. Everyone feels differently about when they feel comfortable doing it. My mom has known pretty much right away with all 3, but with our first, we told our families at 13 weeks (the rest of the world at 14). With our second we told our families and the rest of the world at 9 weeks. This one we told our families at 4 weeks and the rest of the world at 5. My brother joked that if we have another we'll be announcing when I'm ovulating :laugh2:

I felt okayish when we told with our first. When we told everyone at 9 weeks with our second, I was a bit of a wreck, worrying. This one I couldn't wait to get it out :laugh2: and only worried a tiny bit, but I also figured if in the worst case, we would have a lot of support (and plus then DH's family might understand if I'm a little off around the time SIL has her baby in Feb).

There's really no right or wrong time to tell or really safe time to tell. It just depends on what you're comfortable with :hugs:

Yey! So glad things are looking good after all your worries and scares. :flower:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it would be okay. I just knew it!!! That's why I've been up your butt. Hahaha. And yes, I've gotten a Pap smear done in the first trimester of two of my pregnancies. It did cause cramping and spotting, which passed after lots of rest and water the rest of the day. I took it easy the next day, too, until the soreness had passed.

Oh yes, 9 weeks + has a high viability percentage. I usually start to get really excited at 9 weeks. And if your dr is that confident in your pregnancy, I think you can be, too. They've seen all of this before. :) I am thrilled for you!

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate all your feedback. The hematoma totally freaked me out but it seems to be good now!!! :)

I get a pap smear at every appointment but not always an ultrasound. At least not the same day. Usually they do the ultrasound a few days or a week later. I hate pap smears too. I don't enjoy spreading open my legs for anyone outside of my DH lol and all those swabs they do makes it hard not to gag (especially when dealing with morning sickness) :sick:

They do another swab later in the third trimester to check for GBS... just as a heads up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->