:*~*:._.:*~*:The Baby Dancers.:*~*:._.:*~*:(18 BFP so far)

i was 14.5 at my gender scan! Today the hossy looked and said congrats on ur baby girl then i said whattt!!! Are you sure?! She looked again and said im not 100% sure. lol

[IMG]https://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/ciaramystic/securedownload_zpsa7fcbd78.jpg[/IMG]

Need some advice... My surge must have happened last night and I caught the tail end of it on it's way down this morning. Opk on left is yesterday morning... middle is this morning... and right is just now. I plugged a positive opk in for yesterday and FF gives me O' of today. So then I removed that and just tried plugging in higher temps for the next three days and it doesn't give me crosshairs at all... What should I do??? I think that I had my surge then O'd right away as my bbt jumped over a half a degree from yesterday to today... but not understanding why with continued high temps FF wont give me crosshairs???

Oh no jadey! I think I would end up believing the ultrasound from being further along but my gosh how frustrating would that be! Will you be having another scan done?

sorry ciara, I was never much good with opks. the +ve opk I got on my BFP cycle doesn't reflect my ovulation/EDD dates at all :shrug:

AF got me. :| :witch: At least I'm out of limbo, though.

I'm pretty sure I O'd on cd18, so I reinstated that days temp (I've never had shorter than a 13 day luteal phase, and cd18 felt like the other O days, so hopefully I'm right to make that adjustment).

So, onto cycle #6. I'll be happy if I can get a good BD pattern in, if nothing else. And of course, a bfp would be nice.

Sorry the witch arrived hun :hugs: Chocolate, wine and a week's general pampering to get you ready for the next lot of BDing! :winkwink:

Sorry smalltowngirl. I am going onto Cd 50! 8 dpo now

sorry smalltowngal :( chocs and wine def sound like a plan. have some for me!! maybe I need a countdown till wine ticker in my sig? :winkwink: I miss it!!!!!

~Thanks, gals! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful support group here. <3 Definitely some chocolate something is in order, and pampering. :winkwink:

-Baby dust to you for this long cycle, babyrogers! :dust:

-Ah, Lizzie, I'm not supposed to have alcohol because of the hypo, anyway, so I rarely have even a sip (and I don't like the taste of most things with it in it, anyway - I have a low tolerance for bitter tasting things). I can get away with having a little once in a great while, like a small glass or half a glass of something not very strong, though. Perhaps if DH or someone has a strawberry daiquiri or sangria or creme de menth, I could have a little of theirs for you. :winkwink: I do however love sushi, and I did treat myself to that yesterday though. :winkwink:

Yay I'm about to O'! Did opk this morning and the line is just slightly lighter then the control line so... going to take another this afternoon and I'm thinking it will be positive. When I did one last night the test line was barely there so my surge is about to happen for sure... So weird though because my temp jumped .6 degrees this morning from yesterday.

[IMG]https://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv44/ciaramystic/securedownload_zpsa7fcbd78.jpg[/IMG]

Need some advice... My surge must have happened last night and I caught the tail end of it on it's way down this morning. Opk on left is yesterday morning... middle is this morning... and right is just now. I plugged a positive opk in for yesterday and FF gives me O' of today. So then I removed that and just tried plugging in higher temps for the next three days and it doesn't give me crosshairs at all... What should I do??? I think that I had my surge then O'd right away as my bbt jumped over a half a degree from yesterday to today... but not understanding why with continued high temps FF wont give me crosshairs???

Sometimes you can have a nearly positive and not O and then go on to get a bfp opk and O, later (happened to me in my first cycle) and sometimes you can miss the surge if you have a short surge like I do (missed the surge in cycle 2 and would have missed in another cycle if I hadn't started checking twice a day when I saw nearly positive). So what I would do is, I'd leave the opk negative and wait and see what your temps do. You will get dotted crosshairs if your temps rise to where they need to to indicate O and you have the detection method set to advanced. See my charts and scroll down to cycle 2.

If you are timing BD, you don't want to miss a chance to conceive if you haven't O'd yet, so you don't want to assume you have O'd until you see your temps rise and get the crosshairs that way. Once you get your crosshairs from temp rise, I'd assume that you missed your surge and whether changing the negative to positive or not, I'd make a note of when you missed it, so that you can have that information for a doc if they want it and so you can remember to check twice a day if you can when you see you have an almost bfp. That's what's worked for me.

As for why it wasn't giving you crosshairs after entering in high temps, you need at least three high temps to get crosshairs, even if you get a bfp opk. You've only got two high temps on your chart right now, so it won't give you crosshairs till you get the third high temp. I don't see a coverline line on your chart, so I wonder if you have it set to advanced or did a manual override? You'll want to set it back to advanced if you want FF to detect O using all the data you enter.

Scan went well :) although i asked what sex and she said GIRL. So who do i believe?! Only this could happen to me!! Heres a pic from today

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/Lil-L/2013-01-23113523-1_zps28c924a2.jpg

:shock: oh my goodness jadey! when was your scan that said your LO was a boy? maybe the sonographer got a better look because you are further along now.

i was 14.5 at my gender scan! Today the hossy looked and said congrats on ur baby girl then i said whattt!!! Are you sure?! She looked again and said im not 100% sure. lol

Aw, yay for your scan going well! :flower: Too bad about them giving conflicting info on the sex, though! Maybe you can have another scan done?

-----

AFM in other news: The day before yesterday I didn't cry at all, but yesterday I had intermittent crying throughout the day and struggled to resist the pit of despair and worries that it would never happen for me (naturally, at least, and I even started worrying overall, again). I had to say my daily affirmations a lot yesterday, and venting and getting perspective from my counselor yesterday also helped, so I'm doing much better than past cycles. I've still had to struggle a little today, worrying about plans B through G, but I've done some research that has helped me determine that as long as I can gather the funds, I'll be a mother one way or the other. And since DH has a good job, and we have assets that can be borrowed against, I figure we'll able to borrow and save our way to parenthood, if it doesn't happen naturally. All I can do is focus on plan A, till I need to move on to plan B, and do what I can to save up money, which I'm dedicated to doing anyway. FX'd for natural PG. Pref soon. [-o&lt;

On the bright side, I think my cycles are normalizing.

Sorry Ciara - I never OPK'd so wouldn't have a clue!
Keep going SmallTownGal - it's a great sign if your cycles are normalising. Looking back I think mine were too and I got my BFP on what would have been a 31 day cycle - prior to that I could go 50+ days in between AF
Good luck with the scan Jadey - hope you get a definite answer!!

Baby1wanted how many cycles did you have of 50+ days before your BFP? Was it from going off bcps or just irregular cycles? Did you ovulate on all of them? How late? I know, lots of questions, just, already on Cd 52 and not sure if I ovulated :(.

Baby1wanted how many cycles did you have of 50+ days before your BFP? Was it from going off bcps or just irregular cycles? Did you ovulate on all of them? How late? I know, lots of questions, just, already on Cd 52 and not sure if I ovulated :(.

when did you come off bcp hun? the best way to tell if you are ovulating is obv temping, but in hindsight... if your AFs have been very light after a long cycle. you probably didn't ovulate. if it's normal/heavy the you probably did ovulate.

on the positive side. after you have been off bcp for a while and given your cycles time to settle down. if your cycles are still very long, you can see your doc about this. you don't have to wait the standard 12-18 months of TTC, they should refer you to gynae, because it isn't healthy for a woman to have severely irregular cycles. TMI, but a good clean out is important for a healthy uterus!!!

you can ovulate very very late so stay positive :hugs: it's really hard, and I hated people saying this to me, unfortunately it turned out to be true :dohh: if you relax you are more likely to ovulate. as soon as I gave up, I ovulated.

I just went off on the beginning of December. I only had the withdrawal from the pill not an actual af. I am temping now but didn't start until Cd 33. I could have ovulated on Cd 31 but it seems unlikely because I have low temps. Between 35.7-36.4 with a spike on Cd 42 that lasted a couple days and then went down. I could have abnormally low temps but in all likelihood I'm still pre-o

when my body tried to ovulate and failed, I got those kind of spikes as well. it looks like your body is trying to ovulate :thumbup: it will get there eventually. your first cycle can be quite long when you come off the pill. I am sure you will ovulate soon! :dust:

going saturday for a rescan lol xx

Yay, hope they get a good potty shot for you, so you can confirm boy or girl :thumbup:

Keep going SmallTownGal - it's a great sign if your cycles are normalising. Looking back I think mine were too and I got my BFP on what would have been a 31 day cycle - prior to that I could go 50+ days in between AF

Thanks for the encouragement, baby1wanted! :hugs: I really need it today! :hugs:

----

AFM: Today was awful. :( I woke up to a cold house because the furnace went out while I was sleeping. I had to battle it multiple times (with the help of DH over the phone) to get it back to working. Now I understand why the dad in "A Christmas Story" swore so much at his furnace. :hissy:

I also woke up with the "how's it going to happen for me?!" worries banging in my brain like a woodpecker. Perhaps it's the hormones or the strain of being bleedy and crampy during period time that are making it even harder not to worry about ttc.

It also took me hours and several phone calls to sort out what kind of infertility insurance coverage I have (in prep for making my gyno appt so I'd know if the doc needs to do anything special for me to be able to go to the fertility clinic), and I was disappointed to learn they only cover the basics and not *any* drugs, IUI, or IVF. Hopefully, if I need IVF I will qualify for the moneyback program at the clinic. Still, I feel kind of gutted to find out that the monetary challenge will be greater than anticipated for treatments, if needed. :cry:

DH also said something insensitive to me today, but quickly apologized when he realized how much it upset me.

There was definitely crying today. :sad2:

On the bright side, I don't even need a referral for them cover testing and basic treatment (which is labs and diagnostics and surgery), so as soon as the gyno thinks I should go I can go, so I went ahead and scheduled my April appointment.

DH and I had a good discussion about what treatments we would pursue if need be, and both agreed that if either his sperm or my eggs were unusable, we'd do donor embryo IVF on me (assuming my uterus is usable). If my uterus isn't usable, then surrogate. If both eggs/sperm and uterus are unusable, then donor embryo + surrogate is still more likely an option than adoption since it has the possibility to cost less and there's less tangles in acquiring both those things than getting a successful adoption to go through. Hopefully at least my uterus is up to snuff enough, cause overcoming that is much more expensive and more of a pain than if we need a donor embryo. Please uterus, be good! [-o&lt;

The near certainty of my having endo still has me worried, and the pain during period time (while much less than any time in the past that I can remember [thanks to my hormone treatments I think], and while it rarely even has me reaching for the advil and/or heating pad) is still not fun and I usually have at least one day of advil + heating pad level pain, and another that just needs the heating pad. When that pain and heavy (although not extreme) bleeding hits, that's when I seem to worry the most.

So, after reading about how studies have shown that acupuncture/acupressure can help endo, menstrual pain, heavy bleeding and help boost fertility and at worst do no harm to fertility, I scheduled an appointment with a local experienced practitioner who's had good reviews and who I've been thinking about seeing for a while. At the very least, I hope the treatments can help me relax. So that's this Tuesday. :)

DH and I have also decided to just BD every 3 days from end of AF to start of spotting for next AF, since timing was stressing us both out (DH figured that having every 3 days just be something we do would lessen the anxiety for him, and I like that I don't have to worry about missing O, whenever it may come, and I like regularity and I think he does as well). I'll still keep track of temps (just to have the info available for docs if they want) and opks (since my gyno wants that done and I like getting those bfp's at least), though. DH is not sure if he wants to know when O time is approaching or here (in order to keep from thinking it won't matter skipping a scheduled day). I think I'm just going to push to keep on the every 3 day schedule no matter what time it is, so we don't have to worry we aren't getting good enough coverage or are missing the egg because O happens beyond the ability of FF, opk's and whatnot to predict. FX'd we can keep to our scheduled BD funtimes. [-o&lt;

Poor DH had a bad day too, since all kinds of stuff was broken at the factory, that he had to fix. TGIF, TGIF.

Since we both had a bad day, and since I've been having such a hard time the past few days, we are planning to go shopping for yummy groceries for meals the coming week (he enjoys cooking), and then go out to eat at Red Lobster (one of my favorite restaurants), tomorrow/Sat. So I have that to look forward to. :)

I also bought "The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant" on Kindle, upon hearing that it had good stress reduction techniques, as well as good info in general.

:dust: and :hugs:

SmallTown my dh was in the dark about everything also. We just bed every other day and that did the trick :) I hope you get that :bfp: soon and don't even have to worry about infertility treatments
:dust:

Jadey good luck with your rescan today! Hope they can confirm for you :blue: or :pink:

Deffo BOY

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/Lil-L/IMG_20130126_161434_zpsee4953fd.jpg

PHEW!!!! Haha cheeky monkey must of hidden his bits!!!

Yay, Jadey, confirmation! :thumbup:

---

AFM: I'm feeling better today, so far. For one, AF has gone to light and is ending (yay!). :) The book has also helped some (those terrible odds for my upcoming age range are from 350 yr old birth records! More modern research shows that 90% get PG in the second year if not being among the 82% in the first.) I can still worry about being one of the unlucky 10%, esp with the endo, but after much research, I've determined that what endo will mean for any one woman is a complete crapshoot (according to the best data I could find, only 30-40% have infertility problems, and the other 60-70% don't). Maybe it will impact fertility a little, a lot, or not at all. A part of me doesn't like the unpredictability of that, but with it being a crapshoot, at least there's a chance I won't have any more problems than my mom and grandma, even though I'm 4 yrs older than grandma when she had her last (since it doesn't always get worse with age). There's just so much they don't know. :| I also think I feel better doing something (going for acupuncture) that may help the endo/my fertility is also helping me feel a bit more relaxed, as well.

I'm also finding it helpful to look at my little gyno appointment ticker and know that I am getting closer to getting help if I need it. :)

In other news, DH gave blood yesterday the they bruised up both his arms doing it (esp. the one they tried but couldn't thread the vein on). The one arm is bruised really bad! Poor DH. :(

I did confirm today that instituting an every three day routine does make DH feel better and more like just funtimes business as usual (like "yay, we get to do it every 3 days" not "ugh, we have to do it every 3 days") so that's a relief. When I told him that O time coincides with my highest libido time and it usually does for most people (since there's usually more blood flow, a better feeling cervix and the best lubrication), he now doesn't mind knowing about O time, either, LOL. :)

FX'd for cycle 6. C'mon cycle 6! [-o&lt;

Hi ladies - hope you're all ok.
I've had a bad weekend - started bleeding Sat am and having been since, bright red, clots, cramps - like my normal period.
Been to an out of hours GP who just checked my heart rate and blood pressure then said it wasn't ectopic but almost certain a miscarriage.
I'll be heading to an EPU in the morning to confirm.
:-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"