:*~*:._.:*~*:The Baby Dancers.:*~*:._.:*~*:(18 BFP so far)

Huge congrats Claire, love the name and wow she's so small. Can't wait to see pics.

Baby1 I'm ok thank you, this bit is gong very slow and every twinge is freaking me out but I've had some good symptoms, one of which is morning sickness! Which i never had with either of my other pregnancies!

How are you? Did you get lots of BD in at O time?

Ladies I can't believe there are so many babies on the way very soon!!

STG chin up, it will happen and all you've been told is good. It can take some couples a good year to fall at our ages. I know that doesn't help but the docs seem to have everything in hand. Fingers crossed.

Xxxx

All good here thanks Tizy
Due to ovulate today - we have BD'd every day from Tues (so 5 days prior to O) and will probably keep going for another few days just to make sure we have all bases covered. Then by the time I'm in my 2WW I hope I'll be so exhausted from all the BDing that I won't start freaking out too much!!

Great news on morning sickness so early! Obviously not so great for you but you must be relieved to have clear signs. Will you get an early reassurance scan after your mc? The EPAU I went to said if I get pregnant again they'll scan me at 7 weeks - far enough in to see a heart beat but not so far that they can date me properly so I'd still get a normal 12 week scan.

Thinking of you STG, been to that place in my head many a time :hugs:

:flower:

I've got a docs appointment on Friday, I'm going to ask for an early scan, I'll be coming up 7 weeks then and I'll probs have to wait a few days until the scan so hopefully we'll defo see a little bean this time. I'm so nervous and scared but excited too.

Good week or so to wait yet tho.

Great news about your BDing! You can't do more than that. Fingers crossed for a :bfp: sending loads of dust your way. :dust:

STG how you going on, keeping positive for this cycle I hope. :dust: over the Atlantic to you too!

Claire plse pop us a piccy up.

Hope everyone else is ok. Xxx

Thanks for thinking of me Tizy and baby1 :hugs:

Tizy, I'll most likely lose this cycle to the lap surgery. I've made a note to ask when is the soonest I can BD, but I have a feeling it will be too late for this cycle, since I'm due to O just the week after surgery.

I'm hoping my tubes have been blocked this whole time, so that maybe I can stop worrying that I have some kind of implantation problem that will make it impossible to get any kind of bfp ever (I haven't been able to shake that fear for long). Perhaps the doctor can ease my fears on that, tomorrow, at the pre-op. [-o<

STG,

The laparoscopy is very un-invasive surgery. I was worried about it but it really was fine. They make a couple of very small keyhole incisions which healed up very quickly and caused me no pain. So if I was you I wouldn't rule this cycle out, just keep at it, try BD at the right time, obviously if the operation is bang on fertile time then you will have to miss this one but as long as you've got a week, if anything like my op was (forgetting to dNc) you should be back to your normal self.

Keep positive and I know it's easy to say, once you've been through it but don't worry about the Laproscopy Xx

Thanks for the encouragement and advice, Tizy :hugs::hugs: Yeah, as it turns out my FS said I was clear to BD next week during O time if I felt up to it. :) So hopefully I'll feel up to it, to get another natural try in before moving on to IUI.

My pre-op appt went great and the doc was able to ease my fears again. He said that loads of people he sees fear it will never happen (and get the poop scared out of them by mean ol' Dr. Google) but most succeed. And he's giving me especially good chances. I asked him how many women with endo and high AMH come into his clinic and come out with no baby by the end of it (providing they went as far as the shared risk IVF program if IUI's didn't work), and he said less than 10%, so I've got a better than 90% chance of ultimate success. He's also optimistic that one of the IUI's will work. So I've decided to be optimistic and say "when" not "if" I'm PG. Something should work for me, after this lap surgery.

Even though I'm sure I'll be fine, it's still hard not to be a bit jittery about the surgery, since they are still going to knock me out (and I just don't like being knocked out - if they could numb me up and give me a magazine to read while it's going on, I'd be fine) :haha:

Today is the surgery. In a few hours I'll be heading off to the hospital. I've got what I need to bring gathered, and got my rx filled for the pain meds for after, and I can't wait till it's over and I wake up and see the before and after pics of my innards and get the scoop on what's going on in there.

Thinking of you STG. Xx

Baby1 ....5dpo tomoz ....ya getting there Xxx

Thinking of you STG. Xx

Baby1 ....5dpo tomoz ....ya getting there Xxx

Thanks Tizy - I'm going stir crazy here!!!! We missed the days BDing after O - I think we were all BD'd out by that point! So hoping the ones in the lead up will count. Will test next Sat at 13dpo.... if I can last!

Are you at the doctors today? Hope it goes well and put your foot down on an early scan! :hugs:

Hope it went well STG :hugs:

Hi,

I think you defo covered bases with the BDing Hun, I'm thinking of you lots and really hope you get :bfp: this time. Next Saturday is ages away! Lol x

Yes my docs is at 2pm, I can only ask but really hope they don't say no, I just want to know all is ok this time, I know it might not stay ok but I'll feel so reassured to see a little heartbeat. Fingers crossed.

StG hope the Laproscopy went ok. Let us know how you are. Xx

Scan booked for Wednesday at 10.30am! Can't wait, excited and nervous xx

Thanks for thinking of me and wishing me well, ladies! :hugs::kiss::hugs::kiss:

The surgery went great, although there was a lot more endo in there than the FS thought there would be and it took an hour and a half to get it all out, but he was able to remove all of it. Amazingly, my tubes and inside the uterus were totally clear. The endo was all on the abdominal walls, ligaments, and uterus (there was a big endo cyst hanging off the uterus), and there was some adhesion of my right kidney and uterus, and there were some fibroids to be removed on the outside of my uterus. Thankfully, my ovaries were completely unscathed, as the FS thought they would be, as well as my tubes were completely unscathed.

I still couldn't help but be nervous about the being knocked out part, and they did put an oxygen mask over my face while they were administering the knock-out juice, but the anesthesiologist and nurses and intern docs and FS were all very nice and reassuring, so I wasn't too freaked out. And once they gave me the juice, I was out pretty quick.

Recovery from the anesthesia was really rough on me, though. As suspected, I take after my mom and get really, really nauseous and it takes me a while to fully wake up. They had to give me three rounds of anti-nausea meds, and I was loaded up on pain meds like dilaudid, so I was there till 5 PM recovering before I could go home (my surgery was around 10 AM and ended around 11:30 AM, so I was recovering for a while). I was also so dehydrated that they had to give me a total of 3 bags of fluids (and I drank a whole bunch before the no-food-and-drink cut off point the night before, to try and prevent that). I felt like death warmed over while recovering, it was awful. The nurses were all very nice and helpful though. I never vomited, but once my body woke up enough for me to have to finally pee and I finally did that with the help of the nurses, I was able to belch and feel much better. It took till today until I was able to pee normally (it was a slow stop and start after surgery), due to the catheter they'd had in me during surgery, and my throat is still a bit sore and cough-y from the tube that was down my throat.

Luckily, the pain hasn't been so bad. The FS prescribed motrin and vicodin, but I only had to take the motrin for the first few rounds of feeling like I needed something for the soreness, but then around noon today it started to hurt enough when coughing that I added the vicoden and then that made me very sleepy and I've slept since then until now. It still hurts when I cough, but not as bad now.

My DH was with me all day yesterday and today, and my mom came to visit at the hospital before my surgery and stayed till I recovered enough to be able to carry out some conversations (and gave me a get-well present, a cute cat nightshirt).

The FS had to use non-dissolvable stitches on my incisions (I have four little ones covered by bandaids: one at the bellybutton, one at the bottom of my abdomen, and one each on both sides of my abdomen), so I'll have to have them removed at my post-op visit (I guess since the surgery was more intense I needed the non-dissolvable ones). Although, I just changed my bandaids and I don't see any stitches and neither did my DH (it looks like they glued me) so maybe we misheard and he just wants to check my incisions. And also, since the surgery was more intense, my healing time won't be so quick, so I can't BD or have anything up the vag (like tampons) or even bathe (although I can shower) till I see my FS again at the post-op on June 3rd. So, I'll have to take cycle #10 off, for TTC, after all. But maybe I'll call tomorrow or Monday to double check about the stitches and about no BD until post-op.

On the bright side, my FS is very hopeful about our fertility to the point that he wants us to try natural at least one more time before moving on to IUI. :happydance: I'm happy to try as many times natural before moving on to IUI, that the FS thinks is prudent. :winkwink: So, I'll at least have one more natural try. I'll have to ask him how many more tries after that he thinks would be ideal. I'm hopeful that maybe I'll get my natural BFP after all.

PS: Glad you got your u/s exam booked, Tizy! :)

smalltowngal, this sounds so encouraging!! I really hope your BFP is just round the corner :hugs: hope you feel fully recovered soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->