a bit of a rant

valentine75

Proud dad
Reaction score
Before i start i must warn ppl this post is about ASDA

There's a guy in the warehouse who roughly 8 weeks ago stormed out saying he was sick of the mess and was no longer gonna work there anymore but then came back a few hours later saying he had donr no such thing despite being told by the store manager that he had said he quit to 2 department managers, he put himself on sick leave to avoid being fired.

There was constant rumors that he was coming back to work which never happened which caused more annoyance for the rest of the warehouse staff then last wednesday he showed up for work did a 12pm to 8pm shift saying to the guy he was with oh its great to be back i'm a 110 percent

Next day he was told that he'd be on his on own till 9am (his start time would have been 6am) this he wasnt happy about and he started ranting at the temp warehouse manager and stormed off

I've been told that he's coming back today which i'm far from happy about as i dont feel safe around him, i know he has mental problems and shouldnt be working in a warehouse environment

what i really dont get though is ASDA arent willing to sack him due to all the time off as he might say theyre victimising him but are goning to monitor his work performance and if its not up to standard then sack him, personally his conduct the past 8 weeks is reason enough to sack him

things are so bad 2 of the guys are wanting transfers out of the warehouse

I've not experienced his current mood swings but i do end up on the recieving end i will drop a pallet of beer on the *******s head

I feel bad for him. He should be getting more support if he is unwell. It isn't fair on the other workres but I don't think he's the one at fault, ASDA should be helping him out more perhaps and not putting him in really stressful situations. I know where I work if you have been off due to stress/mental health etc you come back gradually on a protected caseload so you are not exposed to anyhting stressful. Perhaps the fact he was going to be on his own made him really anxious??

my mum has mental health problems and has been off work since september last year, she is dreading going back to work and has anxiety attacks thinking about it, she has been told that when she goes back to work she will be doing it gradually, liek 1-2 hours per day, i think ASDA have been unfair in expecting him to do a stressfull job on his own, and should at least have someone else there to help.

I've not experienced his current mood swings but i do end up on the recieving end i will drop a pallet of beer on the *******s head

and as for that....

no fucking need.

my mum has mental health problems and has been off work since september last year, she is dreading going back to work and has anxiety attacks thinking about it, she has been told that when she goes back to work she will be doing it gradually, liek 1-2 hours per day, i think ASDA have been unfair in expecting him to do a stressfull job on his own, and should at least have someone else there to help.

I hope all goes well for your mum.

If he has mental health problems, its not his fault, I basically agree with what everyone else has said ASDA should be giving more support, and also his colleuges, maybe if you and other colleuges support him a bit more then there will be less problems. I think it was wrong for him to be left by himself so soon, why dont you try talking to your manager about it ?

I can see your point of view too, it must be scary and frustrating but I agree with Lauz, speak to your manager. Surely if everyone did then he could get the support he needed.

You do have to expect it working in a warehouse environment. I lot of companies make a point of helping mentally ill or disabled people back into the work place by giving them jobs in the warehouse as they can do simple tasks dont have to interect with the public or clients and its non stressfull. I have worked for several companies that have done this.

At the end of that day your never going to work with the most committed hardest working intellectual bunch in a supermarket warehouse you will have to expect this. However the way Asda are treading this guy is unfair they ought to be offering him more support if he has mental health issues.

i have to agree wtih Cat, couldnt have worded that any better myself.

And as for 'dropping a pallet of beer on the *******s head' very nice grown up responce there Rob.

and as for that....

no fucking need.

And as for 'dropping a pallet of beer on the *******s head' very nice grown up responce there Rob.

The poor guy is vending off steam and you want him to moderate his language. That's nothing compared to some of the comments you girls make.

Sorry to hear you're having crap time Rob. Unfortunatly the beaurocrats decided to have a bit of a laugh when they wrote the new employment laws. Just hang in there buddy, sounds to me like he'll be outta there soon enough.

S.C>

From my point of view the comments just hit nerves, I have had time of due to mental health issues and it isn't that easy. I didn't swear or put valentine down, I thought I was pretty fair. Menatl health is common and it affects most people either first hand or through a loved one.

if i was working somewhere i fealt was an unsafe enviroment , i wouldnt want someone with issues like that working wth me if they have proved un reliable in the past

The health and safety rep should be oing a COSH evalutation on him ...

This should be one if someone has been off for a period of 4 weeks or more, it is a refresher for both employer and employee, to make sure the employer thinks the employee is ready to return.
If this has not been done then ASDA are in breech of the work code NOT te employee ...

I undrstand your fustration though can't be easy, but if someone has health isses it is also down to the employer to make sure the work enviroment is safe for them and them for the work enviroment.

xxx

The health and safety rep should be oing a COSH evalutation on him ...

Not to be confused with COSHH (which only applies to chemicals :lol:) What's COSH imi? Not come across that in the work code before?

Every company is under a statutory duty to carry out an assessment of risks present in its workplace. If your company employs five people or more, the risk assessment must be in writing. Legislation requires that the assessment be carried out by a "competent person" and examine the entire company’s activities to identify any hazards involved, the likelihood of those hazards causing harm and the steps required to eliminate or minimise the risks.

The risk assessment should be reviewed periodically and whenever there are significant changes in the workplace

Preggie brain ... COSHH and risk Assesment mixed up sowee ...

ahhhh, I did not know that. I thought it was called 'Risk Assessments' and 'Personnel Evaluations'.

EDIT ^^^ just seen your post.

Okay so the pallet comment wasnt the best thing to say, i was venting and got carried away.

Its not medically confirmed that he is mentally ill but there is something "not quite right" and i do fear for mine and other colleagues safety in the warehouse especially as he has a forklift truck license.

I am planning on getting something said to the temp warehouse manager. I know already that the manager will be monitoring him.

It might be Asda's fault for not putting him in less stressfull job BUT...he was actually offered another position elsewhere and he refused it. If he doesnt accept positions elsewhere then what else can Asda do?

Menatl health is common and it affects most people either first hand or through a loved one.

I have experienced first hand mental illness from a loved one, my step dad Phil suffered from schizophrenia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->