A bit quick?

C

carla15x

I just read this. . .

If you are under 25 years old, you have a one in four or five chance of becoming pregnant. This means that it "normally" takes four to five months for conception to occur if you and your partner are in optimum health and are actively trying. With this in mind, you might want to mark your calendar when you begin trying and if pregnancy hasn't occurred within six months, you may want to inquire with your physician.

From. . . https://www.thebabycorner.com/page/1368/

Thta seems quite quick to me though. . ??

Yes, if the 'average' time it takes to conceive is 4-5 months, then assuming something is 'wrong' after 6 months seems a bit soon.

K x

Hmmm, does seem strange. Dont really know where they got that from because I too think thats mega quick and I know docs wont generally see you til you've been trying for a year so assuming something is wrong at 6 months is madness!

What the docs say that are going to do in policy and what they do when it comes to funding is another question.

I think that may be an American website, it may be different there as people pay for all of their healthcare out of their pocket or have to pay for their own medical coverage plan??

But I have heard that your fertility begins to decline after 25, sooner than doctors previously thought at 30..

Oh, guess after reading that there's not much hope for me at the grand age of 33 then :(

Some people take a little while to conceive but I dont think it's generally a problem until you're in your late 30s, and even then isnt a problem for a lot of people. x

I always thought that it was after a year or more . . .

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->