A couple little questions (co-sleeping mummys)

KrisKitten

Reaction score
Hiya,
Hope you dont mind me asking a question, purely out of interest but i'v been wondering for a while...
We dont cosleep, mainly as my OH is a complete menace in bed lol (hes rolled over and smacked me in the eye in his sleep 3 times to date grrr)
I do love the idea though and have to admit im a little jealous of you cosleeping mummys, the closest i get is every morning LO gets pulled into our bed for his morning feed and a couple hours of cuddles :cloud9:
But i have a few niggling questions for you mummys that have been bugging me and i just have to ask...
FIrstly, as LO obviously sleeps in your bed, does that mean you go to bed at the same time as them each night? And if not how on earth do you have space to get in lol? The way tommy travels around his cot at night i cant imagine how far hed get in a whole bed lol!
Secondly how, if at all do you get to erm...experience 'couple time'? :lol:

Sorry, my Q's are totally pointless as i cant cosleep but they have been bugging me for ages so i just had to ask, hope you dont mind :)
xxx

Well kaiden does go down in his cot, around 6.30 - 7pm. That gives me and oh 'our' time, if you get what I mean! The sofa works a treat! Haha :rofl:
But we have our own house, whereas people sharing, the sofa might not work so well for them!
He normally ends up in our bed anywhen between 11pm and 5am.

We dont go to bed at the same time as he does anymore. Until he was 12 ish weeks one of us would go up and sit with him til he was fast asleep or I would go to bed with him and sleep as I was knackered :rofl: Now though I go up and sort him out, hes always fallen asleep by the time Ive finished a story/song for him so I come back down again. He doesnt move whilst alseep though, once hes alseep thats it zonko!
As for us time well who actually does anything in a bed anymore? :rofl:

Dexter goes in his cot from 7pm til when I go to bed/he wakes up and cries to get out the cot. He also moves about all over the place during the night, but there's only the two of us in bed anyway so there's plenty of room. :thumbup:

Can't comment on the other question though - single mummy! :lol:

I just go to bed when she does, because she's still up a lot, and therefore, I'm permemantly needing more sleep! She tends to fall asleep downstairs during her night feed, and then OH carries her up for me, and me and B get into bed; OH tends to stay up later though.

The occasional bit of 'couples time' (BFing has stolen my sex drive :dohh:)we do get, is when she has gone down in her travelcot for a bit. But as other ladies said, beds are terribly old fashioned! :rofl: Tends to be wherever is the easiest without risking waking up the baby!

I didn't go to bed at the same time, I would lay down and nurse Hayden then move away a bit, give him his paci and laid there til he fell asleep. Then I'd get up and do whatever I needed to. When I got in bed I would just move him where he needed to be and get in. He slept between us once he started moving around so there wasn't many places he could go, he usually just snuggled up to one of us.

To have "couple time" we would either do it before coming to bed or we would even move him somewhere to be able to in the bed. You get creative lol. It def didn't have any negative effect on it though

When my daughter was born (she's 13 now) I was a single parent, so from the word go she slept with me and I kinda went to bed at the same time as her, so no problems. When I had my son (now 8) I was with my husband and he slept in the single bed - hahaha! I had the 2 of them in my bed.

Eventually I saved up and bought a super king size bed (best buy ever) and all 4 of us could squeeze in. Cannot beat cuddling up with your kids. Stuff the hubby!

With Rhys he wouldn't go to sleep till after 10 so i used to go up with him, my OH worked shifts so wasn't always around. Never coslept with Aaron, he was happy in the crib/cot. With Ethan i'd either get him to sleep downstairs then take him up with me or when the older 2 started playing up at bedtime i just took him up and lay with him so i could keep an eye on the others, my OH was on permanent nights. Now i take Noah up to try and settle him, Ethan stays downstairs with my OH and falls asleep there. my OH brings him up with him and he goes into his bed which is next to our kingsize, he often sneaks into ours through the night though.

DTD doesn't happen very often here, i have no sex drive while breastfeeding unless i'm broody :blush:

Jack won't go to sleep any earlier than 9-10pm for his proper long sleep. I go up with him because, having been up from 6-8am, I'm tired too. DH joins us an hour or so later usually. Jack sleeps either *on* me (on his tummy with his head on my chest) or facing me (both of us on our sides, sometimes with his head on my arm), so there's plenty of room for DH (we have a double bed). Sleep is the only time he's pretty still, but he does sometimes fidget in the night, so that's when we change from/to the on-the-tummy-on-mummy position to/from the beside mummy position. From what I understand, BF'd babies don't tend to wiggle around much, as they stay close to the breast.

As for dtd, it's a take advantage of the place/moment sort of thing - we just need a sleeping baby and an appropriate venue. hehe

From what I understand, BF'd babies don't tend to wiggle around much, as they stay close to the breast.

i think someone forgot to tell Noah this, we have the bed to ourselves tonight and i don't seem to have any extra room :shrug: :roll:

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity ladies :blush:
Lol Tommy missed the memo too, when hes in my bed in the mornings hes as much of a menace as his dad :haha:
xxx

Pretty much agree with what the others said. Sometimes I'll take Ry through earlier and feed him and then he nods off and we go in later sometimes he just stays up with us :shrug:

And the other thing, can't remember the last time we DTD in a bed :haha: the couch, spare room floor, airbed I don't think there's anything ew havent considered now :rofl:

We go to bed at the same time as Emma. She's a night owl so won't settle until around 10 anyways. :D

As for the couple time, we squeeze it in when she's napping usually. And I don't think we've done it in the bed since she was born. :rofl: We do it anywhere and everywhere. Cosleeping definitely hasn't affected our sex life. Having a baby has, but not the cosleeping. :haha:

Aidan falls asleep in his bouncer, so thats when me and OH have couple time lol. and then i move him in to the bed xxxx

Liam starts the night in his cot (next to our bed). I usually go to bed one or two hours later and take him in bed when he first wakes up (around 2 a.m. generally).

As for dtd, we wait for naps! ;)

We have a superking size bed with a cot bed attached as a side car. our bed and her cot are the same height and the bars between the 2 are removed so essentially we have one very big bed with 3 sleeping areas. LO goes to bed earlier than us and sleeps in her side car until she wakes up and wants hugs and boobie. Then she gets into my part of the bed and we sleep side by side, nipple to nose.

If me and OH want mummy and daddy time, we have sofa in the living room, or just be quiet and stay on his part of the bed (when LO is asleep in her side car).

I usually take George up at about 7.30pm. We have a kingside bed, so I part the pillows (and pull them down the bed a bit) so that George goes in the middle. He has more room than either of us!! Haha.
Usually I lay down with him and he feeds and feeds until he's soundo, and he stays in our bed all night and I stay with him (I often watch something on iplayer on my iPhone, or come on here). If I have loads to do though, I may get up once he's asleep.
If we want some 'us' time, we tend to put George in his Moses Basket for a while, then when he wakes for his next feed, he'll come in with us :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->