• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A few questions..

bumblebeexo

Reaction score
My baby is due via elcs next week! :happydance: My DD was born naturally but due to complications I've been advised to go for c-section this time.

How long would you say you were in serious pain for? When could you get out the bed and walk? What does the pain feel like?

My DH will be home for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks do you think I'd be fine on my own with a newborn and my toddler? Any tips on making it easier? When could you lift your toddlers and when could you drive?

Thanks if you can answer anything! :thumbup:

Hiya, I was out of bed the next day about mid day for a shower and i remember walking very slowly for first couple of weeks, i did go into town on day 5 after baby was born but had a lift and only had a slow walk round one store i work in to show him off :happydance: I remember just feeling sore really so like getting in and out of bed was a struggle i had to like roll out of bed. I think everyone is different though. I dont drive and this time my boy is 6 but i think it will be harder with a toddler, try and get all the help you can get with friends and family xx

The worst of the pain was in the first 2 weeks, but they'll likely give you prescription pain meds (narcotics). I drove once I stopped taking those after 2 weeks. After that I think I sill took tylenol for a while, but at that point it was more discomfort than pain--things like bumping your incision on the changing table/counter, or having baby sitting on it hurt, but otherwise was ok...waist bands were uncomfortable for a long time (months), though. But I'm a big wimp. :haha:

I had my c-section in the morning and was out of bed that evening. I was walking the halls (slowly, and slightly stooped at first) the next day.

I think you'd manage on your own after 2 weeks if you had to (and if your toddler is 'easy'), especially if you had food prepped and low key activities planned to keep your toddler entertained that would keep you from having to move around too much. But you may appreciate some help if you have a family member who can visit that third week to help you transition to doing it on your own.

I was up and about 9 hours later. All the other women who had, had cections said I was like a robot lol because they was all in agony and I was managing it. Everyone is different Hun. I remember feeling the stretching of my stitches when I stood up but after afew days I was practically back to running lol xx

I am booked for ELCS in 2w6d and I am a little nervous as this time I will have a toddler also.

My daughter was born via EMCS. I had her at 3pm and they had me up walking the next morning. My biggest piece of advice would be stand up straight when you walk, it will hurt at first but feel so much better in the long run.
In Australia we are legally not aloud to drive for 6 weeks after csection and by then I was fine to drive.

Ive had 3 c-sections now (1st was emergency and 2 planned)...

My 1st c-section 10 years ago, i was in hospital for 3 days in total.

2nd i was in 2 days

and 3rd i had her, at 3:40pm and was out of hospital 24 hours later :)...

With all my sections, I've found them pretty manageable. When i had my daughter i was up the next morning in the shower, I've never been in pain, but I've felt stiff as though i can't stand up straight, but i manage to have a shower on my own, pick baby up, sit down, feed her, change her... I find walking around lots helps, its the sitting down and getting back up that pulls at the stitches slightly.

The day after i got home, i was picking my kids up from school, with my daughter in the pram :)... Its only a 5 minute walk so it was nice to get out and meet people at the school.

your told that you can't drive for upto 6 weeks, but by the second week i feel back to normal and so i have drove on small journeys :haha:

My mum is astonished at how well i cope when I've had a section, as when she had me, she was cut and had stitches and she said for weeks she was in pain! and couldn't walk very far etc... and even now 28 years later, if she had a cold or anything it gets sore down there...

Ive never had a single problem with c-sections :) x

I had DD at 1:50am. It was around 10am I went to the bathroom on my own. The next morning I was walking around the hospital, slowly but I was moving. The hardest part was getting up and down from a laying position. I had to stay for 3 days but I wish I could have gone home the next day because I felt great. I had two different pain killers and I only used the one. Anytime I laughed or coughed my belly hurt but pressing a pillow against it helped. I was advised not to drive but I was driving within a week (I had to or else no one would have been able to take me to DD's appointment or my appointment to get my staples out).

My best advice is to keep your mind positive. If you go into it with an open mind and encourage yourself to move, you'll be just fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->