A group for TTC#1 and had more than one loss?

I had results from my HSG pretty quick, but like NTAT says, the rest takes quite some time!

Hi. How is everyone?

I'm conscious I haven't posted properly in here in a while so thought I'd pop in and say hi. I hope everyone is doing well. Hope those with babies are doing good and not too sleep deprived, hope the preggos are blooming and special thoughts and positive vibes to those of you still working on your rainbows. Don't ever give up...ever. :hugs:

I've spoilered my update about Hugo just to be mindful that some may not want to read so I'll leave it to you. Much love to you all <3

My little rainbow is now 9 months old and I am LOVING being a mummy. I idolise him and he is my world. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed and that I'll be planning a first birthday party very soon.

Hugo is a little star. Such a lovely happy smiley baby and just loves everyone.
He is not yet crawling but I think we're only a couple of weeks away from it. He gets from a sitting position into a crawling position although gets one leg stuck under him and can't move it. He has no teeth yet but a great appetite. Loves his food and at last weigh in was just under 24lb!!

Sleeping has been a bit erratic. He sleeps through 50/50 now, but hasn't done for long. Has always wanted his middle of the night milk but fingers crossed I'm getting somewhere with that! (Not saying too much, don't want to jinx things!)

I am returning to work at the beginning of October - just for two days - and Hugo is starting nursery. I am nervous and excited - looking forward to seeing workmates again but dreading leaving him. I love the nursery we have picked and I'm happy to leave him there and I know they'll do lots of things with him that I can't. Just hope I don't miss him too much.

I'll leave you with a couple of photos from Hugo's last photoshoot from last week. Definitely shows his cheeky side!

https://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/sarahhibbert/C9CF9F25-F2D3-45BB-9390-06BC914BD7AE_zpshrcmlvm1.jpg

https://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/sarahhibbert/EEEB0439-82D1-4E60-9ED1-BC19B6D42E35_zpscyzt8f6q.jpg

What a cutie! I love that second pic. :)

We're doing really good here. Baby showers are next weekend and then we're coming home to get ourselves in gear and get all the many little details together so we're all ready for baby to arrive! Just over 6 weeks to full term, so it's getting soooo close!

We're doing really good here. Baby showers are next weekend and then we're coming home to get ourselves in gear and get all the many little details together so we're all ready for baby to arrive! Just over 6 weeks to full term, so it's getting soooo close!

Aw how lovely. You're due 3 days before Hugo was (he was due 27th Aug last year). It's so exciting now, getting everything ready and packing your bag. Are you team yellow?

Aww NTAT love the update!! Hugo is a little MAN already! Gosh how time flies!!! I just returned to work and let me tell you... It sucks!! But like you said, I think in the long run the daycare will be better for Isabela than what I can do with her at home.

To everyone else :wave: hope you are all doing well!

Oh, how freakin' cute is Hugo!!! Love that he's a little blondie, and yes, he is quite cheeky-looking, in an adorable way, of course!

Hannah has just turned 15 months old. Where did THAT time go? She'll be starting a home daycare for the first time at the beginning of August, a couple of weeks before her baby brother arrives. :) It'll be interesting, I'm sure.

Aw how lovely. You're due 3 days before Hugo was (he was due 27th Aug last year). It's so exciting now, getting everything ready and packing your bag. Are you team yellow?

It's a boy, we just haven't told anyone in real life. ;)
We'll be ordering our birth supplies once we get back from our trip since we're doing a home birth. I think I'll probably just have a list of things to take if we do need to go to the hospital since most transfers are non emergent situations. But we'll see when we get closer.

So glad to read such positive updates!

New - Hugo is just so charming! What an adorable boy he is :cloud9: Can't believe he's 9 months. Time sure does fly, doesn't it?

Beach - back at work already? That must be hard. I don't go back until March although I've thought about going back early. I actually miss my job as I loved it so much :/

Biblio - I did not realize you were so far along already! Are you getting excited? And a home birth, wow. You will do amazing :)

Hi wookie! Hannah is 15 months! You are another one who can't believe where the time has gone! Someone once told me that the days are long but the years are short with babies. Sometimes I can't believe how true that is.

AFM - my Lily bear will be 4 months next Friday! She's over 13lbs now and she's doing amazing :) She has discovered her hands and I think she finds them tasty as she always has them in her mouth! :haha: She absolutely HATES tummy time so we got her a bumbo that she sits in and loves. DH and I are debating whether to start solids soon or wait until she's 6 months... Will see what her pediatrician thinks at her appointment next week.

Again, so glad to hear everyone is doing so well :hugs:

Aww NTAT love the update!! Hugo is a little MAN already! Gosh how time flies!!! I just returned to work and let me tell you... It sucks!! But like you said, I think in the long run the daycare will be better for Isabela than what I can do with her at home.

To everyone else :wave: hope you are all doing well!

Beach. I can't believe you're back at work already. That must have been so hard leaving her so young. But they do thrive in daycare.
Hope you and Isabela are doing well.

Oh, how freakin' cute is Hugo!!! Love that he's a little blondie, and yes, he is quite cheeky-looking, in an adorable way, of course!

Hannah has just turned 15 months old. Where did THAT time go? She'll be starting a home daycare for the first time at the beginning of August, a couple of weeks before her baby brother arrives. :) It'll be interesting, I'm sure.

Nog long now til your baby boy arrives, you must be so excited. Does Hannah understand that she's getting a baby brother to play with? She's probably a bit young but it'll be lovely soon when they can play together.
Good luck for the new arrival. Can't wait to hear all about it.
You had a section last time didn't you? Are you having the same this time or trying for a natural birth?

It's a boy, we just haven't told anyone in real life. ;)
We'll be ordering our birth supplies once we get back from our trip since we're doing a home birth. I think I'll probably just have a list of things to take if we do need to go to the hospital since most transfers are non emergent situations. But we'll see when we get closer.

Good luck for your home birth. Should be nice and relaxing. Lovely that you're having a boy, they are ace :)

Can't wait to hear all about it and see your rainbow.

So glad to read such positive updates!

New - Hugo is just so charming! What an adorable boy he is :cloud9: Can't believe he's 9 months. Time sure does fly, doesn't it?

Beach - back at work already? That must be hard. I don't go back until March although I've thought about going back early. I actually miss my job as I loved it so much :/

Biblio - I did not realize you were so far along already! Are you getting excited? And a home birth, wow. You will do amazing :)

Hi wookie! Hannah is 15 months! You are another one who can't believe where the time has gone! Someone once told me that the days are long but the years are short with babies. Sometimes I can't believe how true that is.

AFM - my Lily bear will be 4 months next Friday! She's over 13lbs now and she's doing amazing :) She has discovered her hands and I think she finds them tasty as she always has them in her mouth! :haha: She absolutely HATES tummy time so we got her a bumbo that she sits in and loves. DH and I are debating whether to start solids soon or wait until she's 6 months... Will see what her pediatrician thinks at her appointment next week.

Again, so glad to hear everyone is doing so well :hugs:

It goes so quick Honey, treasure every moment with your little girl.
Hugo discovered his hands around 4 months and was always ramming them in his mouth. I was convinced he was teething and was devastated at the thought of him getting teeth so soon. I needn't have worried, he still hasn't got any!!
Regarding solids, do what you think is best. The official advice is wait until 6 months (well it is over here), but I think it's down to the individual baby. Hugo was a hungry baby so we started at about 5 months, just with a bit of baby rice once a day. He's only now starting to enjoy his food, it's been a bit hit and miss. We've struggled with finger foods as he just drops it.

Good luck!

I'm going to jump on this lovely thread!

Hello all! I am desperately TTC #1 and am in the process of my second m/c right now :(. I can't seem to get passed 5 weeks. My progesterone seems to be the culprit, but my doctor doesn't want to do anything until 3 m/c's which I understand but I also don't want to go through another loss.

Anyone have any luck with vitamin b6, baby aspirin, or Vitex? I'm still kind of new to all of this and have been reading up on some stuff but thought id pop over here for some advice. You ladies are always so lovely and supportive.

Lots of babydust, and fingers crossed for all of you!!!

Lots of love
Jill

Honeyprayer, Lily is gorgeous! 4 months old! I LOVED that stage. Still cuddly, but starting to really show a lot of personality. It gets even better, the older they get, too! :)

NTAT- Hannah has zero awareness that baby brother is on the way. I've bought her a doll, and she'll imitate Mommy hugging the baby, rocking the baby, and kissing the baby, and then she throws baby on the floor, and runs off! LOL!!!!!!!!! She has kissed my belly, and patted it with her little hand. Truth be told, she actually doesn't have a clue as to what is coming. There's no way to really prepare a 15 month old for a new baby. :rofl: Yes, I had Hannah via a planned c-section (due to placenta previa), and Oscar will be born the same way. He has a two vessel cord, instead of 3, which is a condition called SUA (Single Umbilical Artery), and he may try to arrive early, and have some growth issues. We're monitoring him very closely, but he's measuring right on time, and is very healthy and active so far!

Hi, Jill. Sorry to hear about your losses. I don't have any personal experience with those but I'm sure there are ladies here that do!

Hey, Jill! Welcome! This isn't the most active thread on here anymore, because so many of us have gone on to have our rainbows, or have moved on, etc. But...I am happy to report that the vast majority of us have gone on to become mothers, after experiencing recurrent miscarriages. This alone is very encouraging, and I feel that after two losses, you still have an EXCELLENT chance at bringing home a rainbow baby.

:hugs:

To answer your question, I finally was able to correct my low progesterone problem by using Clomid, which created a stronger ovulation, and therefore, a corpus luteum that released more progesterone. In addition, I took 1 baby aspirin daily, and continued once I got my BFP, until I was around 20 weeks along. Also, I did take a B-50 vitamin complex (don't take one B supplement over another...do it as a B-50 complex, so that they all remain in balance), and a prenatal vitamin. I do not recommend Vitex, unless your cycles are already crazy or irregular. Vitex can royally screw up a fairly regular cycle, and I just wouldn't bother with it, as it can do more harm than good.

I hope that helps a bit! If you get your progesterone tested, and it is indeed low, I would highly recommend using Clomid, as for me, that was the ticket. I should also mention that with my daughter, as soon as I got my BFP, I was prescribed vaginal progesterone suppositories. With my son (my current pregnancy), I was prescribed Clomid, as my DH and I were planning to TTC the next cycle, and my progesterone was low, at an 8. Well, unbeknownst to me, I was already pregnant, and had to immediately take progesterone suppositories to sustain the pregnancy. I had several scary bleeding episodes with this little man, but the ultrasounds and tests have showed a healthy baby in there, and I'm now 31 1/2 weeks along with what I hope is rainbow #2.

There is always hope. You may experience a long (and sometimes heartbreaking) journey along the way, but with a lot of vigilance, and a stiff upper lip, I am confident you can get there!

Honeyprayer, Lily is gorgeous! 4 months old! I LOVED that stage. Still cuddly, but starting to really show a lot of personality. It gets even better, the older they get, too! :)

NTAT- Hannah has zero awareness that baby brother is on the way. I've bought her a doll, and she'll imitate Mommy hugging the baby, rocking the baby, and kissing the baby, and then she throws baby on the floor, and runs off! LOL!!!!!!!!! She has kissed my belly, and patted it with her little hand. Truth be told, she actually doesn't have a clue as to what is coming. There's no way to really prepare a 15 month old for a new baby. :rofl: Yes, I had Hannah via a planned c-section (due to placenta previa), and Oscar will be born the same way. He has a two vessel cord, instead of 3, which is a condition called SUA (Single Umbilical Artery), and he may try to arrive early, and have some growth issues. We're monitoring him very closely, but he's measuring right on time, and is very healthy and active so far!

Wow, sorry I didn't know of you having SUA. Actually never heard of it to be honest. I'm so glad he's doing well so far though.

I didn't think Hannah would understand about the baby, but I'm sure she'll be fine when he arrives (and I'm sure you don't let get throw him on the floor lol).

I'm going to jump on this lovely thread!

Hello all! I am desperately TTC #1 and am in the process of my second m/c right now :(. I can't seem to get passed 5 weeks. My progesterone seems to be the culprit, but my doctor doesn't want to do anything until 3 m/c's which I understand but I also don't want to go through another loss.

Anyone have any luck with vitamin b6, baby aspirin, or Vitex? I'm still kind of new to all of this and have been reading up on some stuff but thought id pop over here for some advice. You ladies are always so lovely and supportive.

Lots of babydust, and fingers crossed for all of you!!!

Lots of love
Jill

Hi Jill,

Many of us on here have been where you are now and never felt like we would get our forever babies but if you read through, you will see that it does and can, and will happen.

I don't understand your doctor not prescribing progesterone suppositories if he thinks that that is the culprit. Why risk another needless miscarriage?

My issue was natural killer (NK) cells. Look it up, it's an interesting read. All my losses were early too. (4 over 4 years). Feel free to ask any questions.

Don't ever give up. Your rainbow is round the corner. :hugs:

Thank you ladies so much! I really appreciate all of the answers. I will really check out Clomid and a B-50, maybe that will help. I don't know what my doctor is thinking, I'm hoping a call into the office on Monday will get the ball rolling. You all have really helped me, I'm hoping third time is the charm on this one!

Jill, have you done a 21-day progesterone test? Is your progesterone actually confirmed low? If your doc refuses to test you, or refuses to provide Clomid or progesterone supplementation, I would probably look into a different doctor...

Jill - are you seeing an RE or is this your regular OB? I too had progesterone problems and was prescribed progesterone suppositories to start 5 DPO. I also took baby aspirin. Like NTAT said many of have gone on to have sucessful pregnancies... I had 6 MC's myself before my rainbow... so don't give up, it does happen!!

Hey ladies. Lovely to hear from so many of you. So I'm 36 weeks today, getting close! Have a scan today to see if gingernut has turned as he has been breech up until now so fx.

Hi Jill. So sorry about your losses. Like Beach I had 6 losses before this pg. I have been on aspirin since BFP but actually have to stop taking them today (I'm a bit nervous about stopping sthg that seems to have been working so far) so my blood isn't too thin in case I go into labour. I am also injecting clexane every day but I keep taking this right until the end. But I had a thromboelestogram which showed my blood does clot a little more than normal.

Good luck! I hope you find your answer soon.

Happy 36 weeks Nicki!!! It won't be long for you now!! Are you getting excited? Are you ready? It's been a long journey for you, so happy that you are so close to getting your rainbow as well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->