A group for TTC#1 and had more than one loss?

Oh no, that wasn't good. Hope he had a good excuse for forgetting to turn up!

Oh, she's just beautiful. Love the one of her eating cake, its hard to imagine Hugo sitting in his highchair eating birthday cake, but I know it'll be here before I know it!

Oops! I've been too tired to remember to update. Lol.
Everything was perfect. Measured in at 8w1d, which was exactly where we were yesterday. Heartbeat at 167bpm. We're both feeling like it's real now- I think we'll end up telling my family this weekend when we get together. :)

Excellent news Biblio. Was worried when you didn't update but seeing as it's pregnancy tiredness I'll let you off :haha:

Lol! It was that and the fact that we had to leave as soon as the appointment was done so that I could take hubby to the airport 4 hours away- and then drive back. I was soooo exhausted last night. Still am, but I'm at least nearly functioning today.

Lol! It was that and the fact that we had to leave as soon as the appointment was done so that I could take hubby to the airport 4 hours away- and then drive back. I was soooo exhausted last night. Still am, but I'm at least nearly functioning today.

Blimey, no wonder you're tired then - what a drive :wacko:
Is that your nearest airport?

So how you feeling pregnancy wise? :hugs:

I'm loving how this thread is becoming so successful - hope for everyone!

Hey Soop and Lexi - so lovely to hear from you both and to see photos of Blake and neve. Just fabulous.

Yup New, lots of good news going on at the moment. Long may it continue.

Nicki- Gorgeous scan picture!!! Perfect!

Biblio- Wonderful news on your scan! Now go rest up!

Blimey, no wonder you're tired then - what a drive :wacko:
Is that your nearest airport?

So how you feeling pregnancy wise? :hugs:

I'm loving how this thread is becoming so successful - hope for everyone!

We have a dinky little regional airport in town, but to get a flight from here to an airport that actually has national/interstate flights, it's usually $500+. So yeah, we do end up driving 4 hours in one direction or another to get to a big airport. Definitely gets old.

And tired. I'm mostly tired. The nausea is a little more manageable than it was, but it's still there sometimes. They were asking about my symptoms on Monday and I told them to mark down anything considered textbook... It all comes and goes regularly.

Hi ladies,

I used to post a lot on this site but after my first MC in july 2013 i decided to call it quits and not think about TTC anymore... anyways im back because i honestly feel so isolated and alone in this journey...
Anyways here's what happened:

We started TTC in May 2012 and I FINALLY got pregnant in July 2013, however that pregnancy ended at 6 weeks. Horrible pain and emotionally very unsettling. We decided to just have sexy times and focus on other things.
On dec 31st 2013 , after getting SUPER sick and getting all my wisdom teeth pulled the week prior,i found out I was pregnant. Needless to say we were over the moon. i started spotting right away and went to the E.R, waited 8 hours and didn't get to see a doctor. The spotting was happening right after sex or if I was sexually stimulated ( no penetration needed) So we stopped any sexual contact ( I KNOW IT SUCKKED!!)
i went back to the ER on monday last week, she did all the tests and was able to see a heartbeat and sac, and told me everything was ok. The doc scheduled an earlier ultrasound to do a follow up and call it a day.

On wednesday last week i felt horrible, I had chills, I couldn't move and i started cramping massively, my spotting turned more into bleeding. I went to doctor on thursday and she wasn't worries. Went home on thursday evening and HOLY S**T the cramps were horrible, with back pain. I knew what was happening... I went to bathroom and it all just came out.. It was so horrible because that was my baby, and I couldn't even bury it. I know it sounds crazy but it feel horrible about my baby being flushed down the toilet...

This MC was at 8 weeks. i went for an ultrasound on Monday to make sure everything was ok. The doc said I have a retroverted uterus ( no biggie) but she said my ovaries are policystic and that I'm probably miscarrying because I have PCOS. I have regular periods, and my ER (endocrinologist?) said i don't have it, but this doctors seems to think I do, and I'm starting to agreee with her...So I'm going to see my doc on tuesday and try to get some tests and figure out where to go from here. I want to ask her to give me progesterone , so that if I get pregnant again I cant just get on it ASAP.

ALSO: when the doc at the emergency tested me, she only did the HCG test and no progesterone test. what a ******. I swear, I hate this medical system In QC.

Anyways, I had my MC at 8 weeks this time and I am devastated. I couldn't even go to work today. I feel so defeated and I feel like I'm reliving both losses again. Last night I had a mental breakdown and I wished I could will myself into dying. I've never felt like that or even know that I'm capable of feeling the way I do right now, If I could just not feel anything or just erase everything that has happened.

So besided dealing with this horrible emotional byproduct of my miscarriage I am at a complete loss. I feel so stupid for thinking that I could have a family, that I could have a pregnancy or anything like that. But I also want to make this dream come true and I wanna fight for it, but I just don't have it in me anymore.

Hi Sab,

So sorry to hear of your losses. :hugs:

It's completely normal to feel how you are feeling right now. Going through losses are so difficult but please try not to be so hard on yourself. Give yourself some time to grieve and heal and trust me, you'll find that fight in you to try again. I think you are doing the right thing by getting some testing done, even if it's just blood/hormones tests.

This is a great thread with a really supportive group of ladies so if you ever feel down and need to chat/vent, know that we're all here for you.

Huge :hugs:!

Sabster, I'm so sorry for your losses. It's devastating. I also went through 2 consecutive losses, and then was third time lucky...I now have a beautiful 10 month old daughter. With your PCOS, there are things that can be done to help you become pregnant, and hang on to the pregnancy. I believe Metformin is a medication that is commonly used for gals with PCOS, to help with conception and pregnancy, but I'm not exactly sure...someone else with more experience with that may have to weigh in.

Anyway, this is an awesome group of gals, who have been through A LOT. I'm happy to say I've hung around here for quite some time, at all stages of the game, and most everyone eventually went on to have a rainbow baby. It's very encouraging to see that it CAN happen, and it can happen for you also. Stay strong, and know that we're here for you.

Hey ladies, how's everything for everyone going? sorry I've been MIA--life has gotten crazy with a almost 2 yr old and a almost 1 yr old! baby fever has hit me hard! Am I really contemplating having #3 already?! But, im sure i'll probably need to go back to my OB/RE before talking about ttc even if we're just talking about it.

My sister is Pregnant! I think im more excited than she is! she's due July 14th, but I still think shes in shock---she got pregnant on the pill. She wasn't prepared or ready for a baby yet her bf(well fiancé) has a 1 1/2yr old little boy who they get 2x a month for a week total. Plus, they got engaged on Christmas eve--he had been planning on proposing since before they found out she was pregnant, planning a wedding, plus a baby..oh man.

I've been slowly planning her baby shower for AB(after baby), and just barely thinking of the theme for her bridal shower! ah.

Hi, Sab. Wookie & Honey had great advice for you. I'm so sorry you're going through all of that.

Hi sabster. I was so sorry to read your story :hugs: it really is so hard to go through losses, especially when you feel those around you don't understand. But this thread is a great place to share as we DO know how you feel. And hopefully the positive stories here can give you hope.

Ayclobes - lovely to hear from you! Sounds like you're keeping busy, and planning to become even busier!!

Sab -- My DH and I went through 4 losses (early MC each around 4-6wks) and 1 MMC (baby stopped developing at 6+5d but I didn't find out until 8+4w). We finally got pregnant with our miracle 6 months after I had a d&c from the MMC. I was under the care of a RE and I ended up taking some follistim shots, weekly ultrasounds and bloodtests, and baby danced when the ultrasound said i'd be ovulating..and BAM! pregnant with our miracle. I had/have low progesterone, so I got that as soon as I was 1-2dpo to ensure the pregnancy stayed.

I was a wreck the whole pregnancy, I worried constantly. I was high risk, and I developed GD. Once I hit 34/36wks I was in 1-2x a week for NST's, baby hated the monitors so it was very hard to keep him on. But, I ended up having our lil man at 39w exactly. If we would have waited any longer, he would have been over 10lbs.

We also adopted our great niece's son 11/12/13, so we had two great blessings call us their parents finally. and now, I've been asking my DH when we can have #3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->