A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

Bank Holiday is Monday 30th May : )

All these bank holidays! It must coincide with the school holidays so I didn't notice. My 12 year old will be off next week, I'm hoping if I've had the baby he can have some time with some friends as he'll hate being around a newborn all week!

Yeah Monday is the late spring Bank Holiday. We'll probably all go in to labour then just to be awkward (DH is already fretting about loosing his overtime) but I don't think I'll care by that stage. :haha:

Oh, and nothing happening here still. MW tomorrow.

Yeah Monday is the late spring Bank Holiday. We'll probably all go in to labour then just to be awkward (DH is already fretting about loosing his overtime) but I don't think I'll care by that stage. :haha:

Oh, and nothing happening here still. MW tomorrow.

That's funny! Tell him it'll be worth losing his overtime!

Not long until June, I wonder how many of these May babies will be June babies?!

It is working out well for me! Husband has been given the Friday off - then its the weekend and bank holiday meaning he doesnt have to start paternity leave until the Tuesday when I am likely to be out of hospital! Yay.

It is working out well for me! Husband has been given the Friday off - then its the weekend and bank holiday meaning he doesnt have to start paternity leave until the Tuesday when I am likely to be out of hospital! Yay.

That's perfect, I hope it all goes really well, I can't imagine knowing the date my baby was going to arrive, it makes me feel all excited thinking about it!

Im still here 40+4 and fed up....keep thinking im getting signs (cramping) and was hoping id get more last night in bed but nothing...no loss of plug...no nothing....i dont think baby has even engaged yet.
I went to midwife at 40 to get my first sweep but she refused to do it as didn't think babys head was down and didn't want to risk prolapse cord..ive got to go back again on Fri where she will try again. This baby is getting bigger by the day, i dont want to wait until after bank holiday for an induction....in theory i will be 10 days over on Mon, and thats what they let you go over to here...but the chances of getting into hospital on bank holiday are pretty slim right? can i request to be induced at the weekend?.x

i feel your pain. hopefully the baby will be here before the weekend. anythings possible especially with children being born. i am due today with no signs of labour. i have been self motivating thinking of stories from friends where they have gone from no signs, going about a normal day to being fully dilated with LO in their arms in the space of 3-4 hours. meanwhile i plan to help it along as much as i can. going to try out a clary sage bath tonight.!Plus have been eating spicy food and trying to go for long walks.

Good luck with your appointment (if the baby doesn't arrive before!). My OH has taken an extra day off to look after me and our toddler which is lovely, I'm making the most of being looked after!

Aww bless the good man! Its lovely when they do these thoughtful things. Meanwhile i hope your baby hurries up as well!

Hi everyone,
I'm due today! 24th May. I can have a sweep at 1.15 at my midwife check up if I want one...which I think I do, surely anything is worth a try!! But am very nervous...

Good luck every one x x x

Hi everyone,
I'm due today! 24th May. I can have a sweep at 1.15 at my midwife check up if I want one...which I think I do, surely anything is worth a try!! But am very nervous...

Good luck every one x x x

Good luck with the sweep, do update about how it goes. I am due today too:happydance: But am only seeing my midwife on the thursday for my first 'internal exam' LOL. Still not sure about accepting a sweep. Though thats assuming if she offers one.

I had my exam on Fri, not favourable for a sweep. But today there was loads of progress and midwife was able to do sweep. I didn't have one with first baby, and ended up chemically induced. It wasn't a horrific experience but I sooooo want a spontaneous labour this time which is why I opted for a sweep. Not the most pleasant thing in the world, but its worth a shot in my opinion. Good luck ladies.

I had my exam on Fri, not favourable for a sweep. But today there was loads of progress and midwife was able to do sweep. I didn't have one with first baby, and ended up chemically induced. It wasn't a horrific experience but I sooooo want a spontaneous labour this time which is why I opted for a sweep. Not the most pleasant thing in the world, but its worth a shot in my opinion. Good luck ladies.

I had exactly the same, was induced with my first. Second time round sweeps did seem to help to get things moving.

Im due thursday..had a sweep last week was told 2cm dilated and 3/5 ceph then lost alot ov my plug, started getting contractions an now nothin!!

Seeing my mw on fri for another sweep if havent gone already!??

so ready when you are little man :happydance:

Goodluck everyone x x :flower:

I am just listening to Radio 5 Live at the mo as the lady that founded Natal Hypnotherapy is on it talking about fear etc...

I so cannot wait to meet my little lady, I know I am just going to cry my eyes out!!

I'm due next monday (my ticker is wrong!), still here. Don't want to pop before the weekend though, my Mum and Auntie are driving up on saturday to be childcare/birth partner. But come saturday I'll be doing everything possible to evict this little one! I have a sweep booked for next wednesday, but hopefully I'll go before then.

Thats really great! Now i am hoping the midwife says something similar to me on thursday morning at my 40+2 check. it feels as though its worth a shot especially as this baby seems very very comfortable where he is at the moment!

I am just listening to Radio 5 Live at the mo as the lady that founded Natal Hypnotherapy is on it talking about fear etc...

I so cannot wait to meet my little lady, I know I am just going to cry my eyes out!!

aww i knowww. It still feels so unreal though. Even though this is my second child.

Im actually due June 1st but had a sweep (they call it stripping the membranes in the US) last wensday. Lost my plug and bloody show and LOTS of stronger contractions. Went to hospital Sunday night and had tons of strong contractions but they arent really dialating me. Im 3.5cm and 50% and baby is head down. Doc said Sunday night if I hadnt had her on my own by wensday (May 25) he would induce me. :) Im anxious because Im extrememly uncomfortable and was in preterm labor from 34w to 37 weeks anyways and then nothing. :/ So hopefully Ill have my pretty baby tomorrow!!!

TTCBB3 stripping the membranes (instead of sweep thanks!! figured, but no one's put it in US terms for me :) ) Still no one here has mentioned it, but maybe cause I'm just not overdue yet, and cause my cervix has been closed.

LOL ladies! Bank holiday!! I'm so looking forward to having my husband home this weekend for 3 days whether baby is here or not. I've been so much clingier and emotional the last week or two!!! I figure my luck I'll go into labor on Monday and have James on Tuesday since that'll be my 27th birthday. I don't want us to have the same birthday, but we shall see!

Well had my sweep, 2cm dialated so now just have to wait and see :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->