A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

Hi everyone,
I'm due today! 24th May. I can have a sweep at 1.15 at my midwife check up if I want one...which I think I do, surely anything is worth a try!! But am very nervous...

Good luck every one x x x

Good luck with the sweep, do update about how it goes. I am due today too:happydance: But am only seeing my midwife on the thursday for my first 'internal exam' LOL. Still not sure about accepting a sweep. Though thats assuming if she offers one.

Well, I'm afraid I didn't have the sweep! Am going to have it on Thursday instead, as then I can have a repeat one next Tuesday, as I've been told they work better when happen with a shorter amount of time between them IYKWIM.
She checked the position and heads right down and ready to go, so it's still just a waiting game!! I want it to happen before I'm booked in for an induction, which will be next weekend!

Hope every one else is feeling ok and babies are getting closer x x x

Bless you, my MW said if it doesn't hurt then it probably won't work! Fingers crossed love x

It is working out well for me! Husband has been given the Friday off - then its the weekend and bank holiday meaning he doesnt have to start paternity leave until the Tuesday when I am likely to be out of hospital! Yay.

That's perfect, I hope it all goes really well, I can't imagine knowing the date my baby was going to arrive, it makes me feel all excited thinking about it!

Yes it has its pluses and minuses - more impatient perhaps and more anxious! ha

Im happy to see theres still quite alot of may mums without babies yet. As much as i want you all to have them hahaha, i just dont feel too down on myself, a bit selfish i know :p Due tomorrow and hopefully a sweep tomorrow if my cervix is feeling up to having a cheeky finger in it ha

I'm still here... Due today, got a sweep booked tomorrow so fingers crossed...

Hi everyone,
I'm due today! 24th May. I can have a sweep at 1.15 at my midwife check up if I want one...which I think I do, surely anything is worth a try!! But am very nervous...

Good luck every one x x x

Good luck with the sweep, do update about how it goes. I am due today too:happydance: But am only seeing my midwife on the th
ursday for my first 'internal exam' LOL. Still not sure about accepting a sweep. Though thats assuming if she offers one.

Well, I'm afraid I didn't have the sweep! Am going to have it on Thursday instead, as then I can have a repeat one next Tuesday, as I've been told they work better when happen with a shorter amount of time between them IYKWIM.
She checked the position and heads right down and ready to go, so it's still just a waiting game!! I want it to happen before I'm booked in for an induction, which will be next weekend!

Hope every one else is feeling ok and babies are getting closer x x x

sounds like a good plan. i had my first clary sage bath and then massaged it on bump and lower back. was expecting it to be funny smelling but found it really relaxing. baby doesnt seem like he's any closer yet!

Good luck to everyone having sweeps tomorrow! Mines not booked until another week so I am super jealous!

Yeah, I thought I was getting a sweep this week, but my OB said she wanted to wait until the next appointment - ie next week.

I'll be 40+3 by then!

I keep waking up wondering if today is the day, but I think I am a way off yet. No plug, no show, no nothing! Just more of the usual crampy pains and a couple of BH. Booooo.....

Hi all,
Sorry to say it as I know you're all waiting too, but it makes me feel much better knowing I'm not on my own!! I was due on the 17th, had a sweep on the 18th, another on the 23rd and I have yet another one booked for Thursday morning - SOOOOOOO frustrated now and bored of thinking that every twinge 'might be the start' - have lost my plug, had a number of bloody shows and loads of back ache, and tried every method of 'bringing it on' that you could think of!" - all resulting in nothing :cry::cry::cry:

I'm booked in for induction on Sunday morning but I'm seriously hoping she decides to come before then - not just for my sake but for my husbands - my up-and-down hormones are scaring the living crap out of him lol

Hope things start up for all of you ladies soon, wishing you safe and swift labours xx :hugs::hugs:

Aw its crap how it differs depending on where you live!

Argh I know! It's really annoying!

By the way haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappy due date to everyone due today :happydance: lets hope our baby's now manage to get the hint!

Are we all still here? Lol

No plug, no show, no bh for me even! Why have they stopped?! All that seems to be happening here is she has the hiccups way more than usual.

Really do not want an induction (well, have refused one) so my cervix had better be favourable on Friday for this sweep!

No plug, no show, no bh for me even! Why have they stopped?! All that seems to be happening here is she has the hiccups way more than usual.

Really do not want an induction (well, have refused one) so my cervix had better be favourable on Friday for this sweep!

I'm due today and have my 40 week appointment on Friday, I don't know whether they'll offer me a sweep. They said they would discuss induction at my next appointment, did you just say no thanks to it? I was thinking of saying I would consider an induction but not until I'm two weeks over MY original EDD from my periods (we were trying so I knew and I have a very regular cycle) which would be 2 weeks from Saturday. Does that make sense?!

Morning ladies,

Had midwife yesterday, LO has stayed head down for a week now and is engaged. Don't get a sweep until 41 weeks, so booked in for next Tuesday. Also got given my induction date for the week after (hope i don't need it). Terrible back ache today, but think it's more where i kept waking up on my back in the night! No other signs. Off to walk the dog, hope the may babies start making a move for us soon! x

I'm due today and have my 40 week appointment on Friday, I don't know whether they'll offer me a sweep. They said they would discuss induction at my next appointment, did you just say no thanks to it? I was thinking of saying I would consider an induction but not until I'm two weeks over MY original EDD from my periods (we were trying so I knew and I have a very regular cycle) which would be 2 weeks from Saturday. Does that make sense?!

Makes complete sense my lovely. I think I am two days out according to their dates. I know exactly when I ovulated and when I implanted.

I would ask for a sweep if I were you.

I asked MW about induction at around 36 weeks, here they do it when you are 12 days over. I simply told her that I would rather wait and I really did not want to be induced. She was fine about it and said that in that case she would get the sweeps started earlier and do me three of them. She said that after the 40 week mark she'd refer me to the Consultant MW to talk through my options and that I would be offered daily monitoring.

I said that obviously if it got to the stage where baby needed to come out what would happen, as it's the IV I am against. She said that usually with first time Mums you are given the pessaries, if they then don't work they will break your waters and immediately put up the IV. BUT she said that I csn request to be treated like a second time Mum and instead of the drip going up immediately I can request at least a 2 hour break after my waters have gone in the hope it'll get things moving.

At the end of the day she was very understanding and said that it's my body and no-one can ever really force me into anything.

x x

Makes complete sense my lovely. I think I am two days out according to their dates. I know exactly when I ovulated and when I implanted.

I would ask for a sweep if I were you.

I asked MW about induction at around 36 weeks, here they do it when you are 12 days over. I simply told her that I would rather wait and I really did not want to be induced. She was fine about it and said that in that case she would get the sweeps started earlier and do me three of them. She said that after the 40 week mark she'd refer me to the Consultant MW to talk through my options and that I would be offered daily monitoring.

I said that obviously if it got to the stage where baby needed to come out what would happen, as it's the IV I am against. She said that usually with first time Mums you are given the pessaries, if they then don't work they will break your waters and immediately put up the IV. BUT she said that I csn request to be treated like a second time Mum and instead of the drip going up immediately I can request at least a 2 hour break after my waters have gone in the hope it'll get things moving.

At the end of the day she was very understanding and said that it's my body and no-one can ever really force me into anything.

x x

Thank you for the information, your midwife sounds really good.

I love the internet for this very reason, I have had 2 babies and this is the first time I've felt truly informed about my choices and what I want (last time I had no internet access, even though it was only 19 months ago!). It's so good hearing other people's experiences and thoughts and being able to make better informed choices for it.

Good luck, I do hope it happens naturally for both of us x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->