A head count for May Mummies! The last stretch!

I've told my MW that I don't want an induction; she did not seem too impressed. Having said that I didn't want one she booked me in for an induction for the 8th of June, and she advised that I talk about the alternatives then :shrug:. I know it involves going up to the hospital every day and getting monitored, but I know my EDD is wrong so I don't want bubbakins coming out too early.

It's interesting to know about the second time mum thing, if I need an induction due to placenta breakdown will definitely mention that to a MW.

That's terrible Tuppance!

I was expecting a lecture from my MW about it, but she was very understanding and as I say, told me that no-one can make me do anything I don't want to do...

I don't mind the pessaries and I don't mind my waters being broken if need be, mind you... can I still have a water birth in the birthing centre if they do those?!?!

I'm hoping for a water birth in a birth centre and I think I remember reading somewhere in the centre where I want to give birth if you are more than 12 days over due then you no longer have the option of the birth centre and have to have LO delivered in the main hospital. It might differ for you so I would recommend checking it out!

I will have everything crossed for us!

I was told any kind of induction here rules out a water birth. :cry:

Due to this my MW said she may give me a sweep today, just about to leave and find out if they will. [-o<

Fingers crossed for you Sooz hun!

I just text my MW and asked her what's what... as by going by the interweb some birth centres will allow it (water birth after pessary and waters breaking) and some won't!

I asked my mw yesterday as I was concerned about not being able to use low risk unit and pool if induced. She said as long as I dont need drip and labour progresses normally after induction then I can still go to low risk centre at hospital. May be different policies in different areas, but put my mind at rest if it comes to needing an induction

Im still here....had sweep y-day...and lost some plug this morning,....nothing much else though....got another sweep Friday if hes not here by then....xx

Well no sweep for me, urine sample had ++ leukocytes and +protein so they wanted it sent off and checked, as I had to have abx for an infection a couple of weeks ago. :brat:

They said it should be OK for next week though at 40+4. Induction gets offered at 42 weeks here, so it would get booked at 41+4. She's got two weeks to get her bum out now!!!

will be waiting for my sweep at 41 weeks also here, standard here nobody gets one till then. a possible second one then a day or so before induction at 42 weeks. xx

come on babies. x

Happy due date to you too tuppance :)
Im a bit dissapointed, had a new midwife today who was lovely, she couldnt stop laughing as baby was wriggling about when she was trying to get a heartbeat! Unfortunatley though she hadnt been to the surgery before and they had absolutley no sterile gloves at all, so i couldnt get my sweep -_-
She also said i dont look it in my face that im about to go into labour soon, that im still coping really well while most women have a really fed up look. I dont know whether thats good or bad hahah

Due date! Having a moody fed up day today! Went to the museum with OH and some friends and was a moody cow the whole time. *stomps about*

Anyway, happy due date to sunday_girl, scuffer, tuppance and all the other 25th May ladies!

Due date! Having a moody fed up day today! Went to the museum with OH and some friends and was a moody cow the whole time. *stomps about*

Anyway, happy due date to sunday_girl, scuffer, tuppance and all the other 25th May ladies!

Thanks Sophisticat. Happy due date to you too, sorry it's been a grumpy day. Decide your due date is actually 2 weeks from now and then any time the baby arrives will be a bonus! I know this is easier said than done though!! x

Happy Due Date Day May 25th Ladies!!!

Sooz - sorry no sweep! :hugs:

I have a doctor's appointment in a little over an hour...Don't expect them to do anything but check me. We'll see!

Im a bit dissapointed, had a new midwife today who was lovely, she couldnt stop laughing as baby was wriggling about when she was trying to get a heartbeat! Unfortunatley though she hadnt been to the surgery before and they had absolutley no sterile gloves at all, so i couldnt get my sweep -_-
She also said i dont look it in my face that im about to go into labour soon, that im still coping really well while most women have a really fed up look. I dont know whether thats good or bad hahah

Oh no. That's really annoying that you couldn't get your sweep, at least she thinks you look happy and not bedraggled on the plus side! Have you been booked in for another sweep?

I'm making a mental note to take my own sterile gloves!

I'd have been so upset if that had been me, for the sake of a pair of bloody gloves!

My MW said I've looked fed-up for the past few weeks and every week she prays I won't turn up because LO will be here. I wish I could just chill about it and let it be, but DH isn't helping because he is constantly looking for signs and moaning about her not being here yet. :dohh:

I'd have been so upset if that had been me, for the sake of a pair of bloody gloves!

My MW said I've looked fed-up for the past few weeks and every week she prays I won't turn up because LO will be here. I wish I could just chill about it and let it be, but DH isn't helping because he is constantly looking for signs and moaning about her not being here yet. :dohh:

LOL my husband has started to tell James that he needs to come out so they can play :dohh: On the same note he wants the baby's birthday to be June 1st, so he tells him to stay in till then :wacko: At least he's stopped telling me in the morning when he leaves for work that I can't go into labor today. I think he's finally accepted that it's going to happen, and is just confused about when he wants it to happen

LOL my husband has started to tell James that he needs to come out so they can play :dohh: On the same note he wants the baby's birthday to be June 1st, so he tells him to stay in till then :wacko: At least he's stopped telling me in the morning when he leaves for work that I can't go into labor today. I think he's finally accepted that it's going to happen, and is just confused about when he wants it to happen

Lol, DH likes to grab my belly and shake it whilst chanting come out, come out! Yet he has told me not to go into labour on our due date...as it is the Champions League Final. Oh, and the bank holiday is not allowed either. :haha:

We can't win. :dohh:

Lol, DH likes to grab my belly and shake it whilst chanting come out, come out! Yet he has told me not to go into labour on our due date...as it is the Champions League Final. Oh, and the bank holiday is not allowed either. :haha:

We can't win. :dohh:

LOL. He can't come on May 31st (my birthday) that's the only day we have offlimits. I think my husband is hoping I'll go into labor on my birthday (day AFTER bank holiday - so he can take that day off too) and then have the baby June 1st. This would be at least a 5 day weekend. Definitely no winning!!!

Hi,

I'm due on the 27th but not seeing the midwife again until 2nd June, saw her last Thurs on the 19th. Nothing has been mentioned about having a sweep but I guess that is what will happen if I have not gone by the 2nd June. MW confirmed head was fully engaged last week and I had a bad night on Sunday with what I presume were contractions but nothing since, is he/she teasing me!!

Really ready for this now, I know it's going to hurt so let's just get it over with :) LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->