A home for EVERYONE!

Krissy485

Waiting to try again....
Reaction score
Ok So I am making this new thread for everyone to talk about everything! This is a place for women no matter what stage of life they are in to talk to others, get advice and to just have a place where they can vent and build friendships! I dont care if you are TTC, Pregnant, in a holding pattern (like me) or whatever point you maybe in life. If you want a place where you will be embraced and made to feel welcomed you are there. Please know that we are all human and no everyone will respond to everyone all the time. But plese try to it makes us all feel involved and that is what creates friendships. Also if this is your first time posting in this thread please tell us your story as much as you feel comfortable doing. i will start with my own.

My name is Kristina and I live in Michigan with my husband Josh and our three kids Joshua 6 and in kindergarten, Avarie who is 4 1/2 and is in preschool and then Jamison is our baby at 3 and stays home with momma. My husband is currently the only one working while i am working on my BA in healthcare administration. I have just over a year left and i am so excited. My life is pretty crazy right now as we just moved in with my parents. This has not helped in our TTC journey which has been a long one, for us at least, for over a year now.

Personally I am in a holding spot you could say for TTC. We had started TTC August of 2011 for our forth and final. Me, who gets pregnant pretty easily considering there is 19months between #1 and #2 and 17months between #2 and #3, was getting to the point like it was never going to happen till i got my first BFP at the end of Feb 2012. We were so happy and things were going normal, why shouldnt it i had pretty normal pregnancies before. But then at 11weeks i started to spot. Didnt think much of it and went to dr and they did a u/s, had not had one up till then, and on Friday the 13th of apirl i found out that i had a blighted ovum. I was heart broken! all i would think was i was so close to that safe point. at 11.5weeks i had a d&c. AFter that because of moving and emotional recovery we did not TTC again till July 2012. I got my bfp at the end of july i was so happy. again i thought well i should be fine. but nope i had an early mc at 5 weeks. i was heart broken again. not as bad as before but still sucked! Now we are living with my parnents and my hubby i think is a little scared of trying again so we are in the debating stage. do we really want another...90% of me is yes and dh is emotionally stunted so he dont know. But for now i am enjoying my 3 i do have.

So that is me in an nut shell but besides kids I love to read! I also am a reality TV junky...i know bad right?! and I love a great deal! i love to thrift store shop and i am always excited when i get a great deal it is how my family runs lol. We are country people lol. We love to fish, hunt, and go muddin on our quad. camping is great to.

So if you want to join please do! Please be respectful and if you have an issue with someone please PM them and handle the problem directly instead of doing a general post. The only way to handle a problem is head on. I want a postive happy place for all so please remember that. I want friends to talk to that can help me with my crazy life and that i can help with theres!

now that i wrote a whole book........who's with me?

My name is Janelle and I'm 27. I live in Nevada where I was born and raised. I am married to my husband Dan, who is also my best friend. Our son Samuel, was born in 2010. We bought our first house in 2011 and have slowly but surely been making it our own one coat of paint and one nail at a time.

In May we decided that we wanted to try for another baby. I got a BFP right away, but miscarried at 5 weeks. We were advised by our doctor to wait a full cycle before trying again. When July came around we again received a BFP, but miscarried 2 days later. I was completely heart broken and didn't have much faith in trying again. I had read of other women taking low dose aspirin and thought I would give it a shot. It couldn't hurt right? Well, at 11DPO I was sort of suspicious with some pregnancy symptoms I was having. I decided to POAS in the afternoon not expecting much. The test turned positive the minute the urine hit the stick. I was so shocked and so excited at the same time. It was such a DARK positive. I called my doctor and had an order faxed into the lab to check my hcg levels. At 12DPO my levels came back at 591. At 14DPO they came back 1679. I was so excited to finally be on the right track for a successful pregnancy. When I hit 5 weeks of pregnancy I was woke up with terrible cramping and I thought for sure I was going to miscarry. I was immediately heartbroken and prepared myself for the worst. I went in to see the doctor and they did and ultrasound and found that everything looked right on track. We saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac. Too early for a heart beat just yet. The doctor advised me to take it easy, no lifting, no sex, light house work, lost of water and lots of rest.

I'm going back to the doctor this upcoming Thursday to see if there is a heartbeat and to see if things are progressing normally. I am extremely excited and nervous at the same time.

My husband and I are hoping for a little girl, but we will be just as happy for another boy. In fact we wouldn't be surprised if we had another boy because everyone on my husbands side of the family are men.

I look forward to hearing everyone's stories and being able to share this journey with everyone. Thank you Krissy for opening up this thread.:hugs:

Now, let the chatter begin!

Janelle-

Thank you for posting right away!!! I am so happy we decided to start a welcoming place. please feel happier now! no more crying that is an order damn it lol! Love you :hugs:

oh I am 27 also and so is my dh Josh.

Okay, I promise. No more crying. You have lightened my jar. Thank you. You truly are a caring person and I feel so lucky to have met you through this site.

I see we have some lurkers. HI!!:hi: Just to warn you all... Krissy is notorious for calling people out who are reading the thread.

LOL yeah i am..but hey i usually only do it to those who have posted before but since Janelle called me out on it..... i see you Susie28! :hi: and i hope you feel welcomed and you post to our thread...this is a place to share EVERYTHING no limits and no such thing as TMI!

OOOPPPSSS....sorry :blush: damn Janelle is it going to be me and you? thats ok cuz i heart you!

Hi my ladies!!!! Krissy thanks for creating this! Love it!!

I will post more of a bio later on. :flower:

Hey girls,
It's me again. Ok Here's my bio:

I am Nicole (yes Kanicky, thats my name too). DH is Josh (lol Krissy, I knew we were connected somehow). I am 23 and DH is 24. We've been together since December 20th of 2008. Married Novemeber 2009. We found out we were pregnant with our first child on August 22nd, 2009 (yes, we were rebellious teens). December of 2009 DH's dad had a minor heart attack. He eneded up in the hospital for a week, we visited him every day. He had a quadrupedal bypass. He wasnt allowed to have many visitors because if he got emotional his BP would drop.
Joshua was born on may 2rd, 2010 by C-section because he wouldnt turn (stubborn boy). We were in the hospital for 4 days because his nasal passages got so swollen from inhaling amniotic fluid when being pulled out. Every time he got mad or hungry, his blood oxygen levels would drop to dangerous levels. He was watched closely. Then he had continuous bleeding for 12 hours after his circumcision. We got released and he was the healthiest baby ever except for colds. I got really sick 3 months after he was born and decided to wean him (broke my heart and I cried for months) due to a really bad cold and continuous migraines. 3 weeks later on September 1st, 2010 we found out we were pregnant again!
Lo and behold DH lost his job and joined the Army. He left for Basic training when I was 12 weeks pregnant and caring for our 6 month old. I threw up a lot after changing baby diapers lol.
Well at 30 weeks pregnant, me, my mom, and my youngest sis-in-law drove down to GA to see DH at his Basic training graduation. It was wonderful but DH felt so disconnected to our son because he was gone for 4 months of our son's life. In that time our son had started crawling. It was hard on both of us. 2 weeks later at 8 months pregnant I made the 14 hour drive to northern NY.
Our daughter was born the day before our son's first birthday. She was my biggest baby yet at 9 lbs and 1 ounce and 21 1/2 inches (my son was 8 lbs and 19 1/2 inches). She was perfectly healthy and I breastfed her until she wouldnt allow me to which was the week before Christmas 2011.
We had started trying to conceive another baby in late September 2011 hoping for twins but my body doesnt like breastfeeding and ovulating at the same time. Our son got very sick on October 5th, 2011. Non-stop throwing up and lethargic. ER did nothing for him and 12 hours later DH found him cold and stiff in his toddler bed. We didnt know but he had managed to swallow a lithium camera battery without choking. The acid ate through his stomach and he died of a system wide infection called sepsis. Burying him was the hardest thing I will ever do. I was in shock. I was unable to cry for the first week. DH cried and I mostly just held him.
BAM, 4 weeks after Christmas we were pregnant again. This one ended up in a blighted ovum miscarriage at 12 weeks in late March. Turns out the baby stopped developing at 8 weeks.
Now we are 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant with baby #4 and hoping for a boy!

Army- Every time I read your story I get so emotional. You are one strong woman to be able to go through that with your son. I can't even imagine. I will be thinking of you on Friday and I'll be here for you if you need someone to talk to. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Kanicky- So happy to see you! :hugs:

Nicole-if you dont mind me using first name makes me feel closer to ya! I guess i had not realized that you also made it to 12 weeks with a blighted like me...i agree with Janelle i do not think i could have the strength you do after losing your baby boy :hugs: i honestly cry every time! So happy you came here with us def would not have been the same with out ya!
:hugs: and love

Army I am so sorry for the loss of Joshua :hugs:

And for all you girls loses :hugs:

Seems like a lovely thread :)

Thanks Tasha. It's going to be an amazing tread once it gets up and running. I believe I have seen that sweet little foot before in another thread. Would you feel comfortable sharing your story?

Tasha-WELCOME!!!! I hope we provide a friendly comfortable place! and I am glad Janelle said what your picture was because i was going to ask. But yes whatever you want to share with us please do! if you want to wait to share some stuff till you get to know us no problem to! i want you to feel ready no rush here with any of us...just happy to see a new face!

Thanks girl. You can call me Nicole. I dont mind. Just prefer not to be called Nicky or Nickii. Ugh...I hate not being able to stomach plain pasta! Now I have to stock up on Hamburger Helper when we go shopping on Monday. Looks like I will be surviving on PB & J and Reeses Cups and meat this pregnancy (if it lasts). So nervous about tomorrow but I don't think they'll be able to see anything. Which means I'll be called back probably on Tuesday next week for another ultrasound. I hope they at least give me a few to keep!

Nicole- have they even told you what your levels are? i know dealing with military is diff than here. i am really praying you get to at least see the yolk sack.

Janelle-how far along were you when you did your first u/s with this one and saw the sac? give army some hope here! lol

Nicole- have they even told you what your levels are? i know dealing with military is diff than here. i am really praying you get to at least see the yolk sack.

Janelle-how far along were you when you did your first u/s with this one and saw the sac? give army some hope here! lol

No, they just said that my numbers matched how far along I said I was (4 weeks). Tomorrow they will tell me my numbers and let me see the ultrasound since its the OB though. I will make them!

Probably the May due date thread for PAL is where you've seen my avatar before? That is my Riley Rae's foot. I <3 that photo x

My story; I am Tasha, 27, married to Matt for eight years. We have been pregnant seventeen times and have three children in our arms. I had Morgan was I was 18 (days off my 19th birthday), his early days were traumatic. Diagnosed with a heart murmur at birth and sent an emergency appointment to go to Great Ormand Street Hospital, everything was fine though. Then at six weeks old he got menigitis, and shortly after that me and his Daddy got married. 15 months after he was born we had his little sister Naomi-Mae.

When Naomi-Mae was 18 months we were pregnant again and at 28 weeks and 6 days my waters broke, I was terrified. They took me to SCBU and showed me around, and two days later started induction as I had an infection. It failed and so they left her in me until a planned induction at 37 weeks, only we never made it that far. Honey was born sleeping at 36+6 on the 16th May 2007. The post mortem said she died as a direct consequence of no waters for so long. It had compromised the placenta (as well as he kidneys an lungs not growing), it was 50% too small, 50% clots and a 10% abruption.

Three hundred and sixty one days after Honey was born, her little sister came in our life. Kaysie Blossom was born screaming. She helped us to heal a little, like a sticky plaster over our broken hearts.

In the August 2008 I had my first ever first trimester loss, and I went on to have six more between then and September 2010. In November 2010 I got pregnant again, this time I had lots of medication to keep my baby sticky, it worked and at seven weeks I saw a heartbeat. On the 21st December I got the best christmas present I could get and that was a scan photo of my baby :cloud9: At sixteen weeks a doctor took me off the heparin (blood thinning injections because I have clotting disorders), despite me begging them not to (I said my baby would die), at 21 weeks she was below the 3rd centile, I got a private scan at 22 weeks and she was now below the 1st centile and there were signs she was fighting for her life. At 24 weeks and 3 days, Riley Rae was born sleeping. She was a tiny 340grams (12 ounces) which is about the size of a 20 weeker. The post mortem said she had severe early onset of IUGR. The placenta was far too small and that it was 60% clots and a 10% abruption :( To top it off because they had taken my blood thinners away I got a DVT.

I've gone on to have five more miscarriages since Riley Rae in April 2011; June 11, December 11, January 12, May 12 and now September 12. Which brings me to here.

It wouldnt be unusual not to see anything at this stage Army, so dont panic if you dont.

OMG Nicole I never knew about your son!!!! That is SO sad and I am SO sorry!!

Kristina I'm so glad you made this thread! I can breath now! Got rid of those darn eggshells I was walking on! lol

Janelle - You were crying?! Grrrrrr that makes me even MORE mad!! Glad you're feeling better now.

Tasha - HOLY MOLY you've had way too many losses for one person! Hugs to you girl!

I'll do my bio in a bit. I have my sister and her kids over for supper right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->