A home for EVERYONE!

Baybee u need u a ticker!!

It's gonna be a rough day. First time puking in the morning. Dry heaves then stomach acid. What I'd give to go back to bed...

Janelle, Here I am! Thanks for the invite! I will write a bio and post it in a bit. Wow, a lot of big life stories... I will attempt to write mine! I feel bad for those who have dealt with death in any form.. it is so hard. I am glad everyone seemed to be able to bounce back because life sure has its ups and downs!

Ok typing my bio now... where to start... second paragraph is long, sorry!

I grew up in Alaska and after college I moved to the south to stay with my mom a bit (she'd moved there a bit before me) in order to figure out what I wanted to do next. I ended up getting a govt internship, so moved to Virginia. I moved around a lot with that job and ended up in Alabama. Month after I ended a long-distance relationship, I was buying a house and that's when I met my future husband... my mortgage broker! We got engaged about a year later, I took him to AK that winter to meet the family, married in April 2010. DH wanted to wait awhile on kids, so I said ok I'll wait. We went on our Italy honeymoon in May and I took him and his mom to Alaska in June. Well, he changed his mind and we were pregnant in July, first month trying and only from dtding once! We were sooo shocked and dubious that we went for a blood test right away and almost still didn't believe it, haha. I thought it'd take awhile! Siena was born March 2011 after a very stressful pregnancy. As far as symptoms, I was actually pretty lucky. I was HUGE, all belly everyone said, but hips/back/etc all hurt a lot. Tons of exhaustion. Nausea but not much puking. The stress was due to my marriage. We had a lot of growing to do... my DH matured a lot during our engagement because I moved in with him and suddenly his drinking and smoking (that he said he didn’t really do) became issues. He'd drink when we were out with friends and get really crazy and then black out and wouldn't remember how awful he treated me and how embarrassing he acted. And he was a pig. So we worked on that during out engagement, lots of fights and drama, but was better by the time we got married... sort of. Fast forward to Siena's birth. We were over the MOON!!! But then reality hit once we got home. He slept and I was the one always up with her. I was the one soothing her when she cried. I started getting really overwhelmed and frustrated, having expected this to be an equal responsibility. Lots of freaking out. Then my dad came when Siena was 2 weeks old and they helped SO much. DH went back to work and my dad was soooo helpful... from doing dishes to staying up with Siena so I could rest some. Life started to calm just a bit. Nursing started getting less painful. The house was looking cleaner... and so was I, haha. My dad and DH started building a deck. The night before my dad left, we celebrated the completion of the deck and took pictures. DH drove my dad to the airport that morning, my dad had some delays but ended up leaving back to Alaska. I stayed home with Siena. The day was April 27, 2011.

Then something happened that I never thought I'd ever experience. The weather got stormy while I was visiting my stepdad... DH got off work at lunch and stopped by... so I followed him home... a storm had blown through so we went to look at the house. Our fence gate was broken, so that annoyed us.. and the power was off. Grr. Not wanting to be there alone, we took my car to DH's work (he works for his dad with his mom) and hoped they'd let him off early that day. While I was waiting for him at the office, we started getting tornado warnings. The weather got worse and worse. Power was going out all over the place and the news was going ballistic about tornado touch-downs. When there was a break in the weather, we drove to DH's parents house because it was close and we all hunkered down to wait for the storms to pass, since we knew we didn't have power at home and had a newborn to care for. DH started worrying about our house and our dogs (they were in the garage), so my FIL and DH went to check. Then MIL and I got the radio working... and heard a tornado had destroyed houses on a road very close to our house. I started FREAKING OUT bc DH wouldn't answer his phone. When I finally got ahold of him, he was talking in this strange rushed faraway voice about it all being gone... I somehow gathered our house had been hit and the dogs were missing. DH made it back with a tornado at their backs and police telling everyone its not safe. Later we would find out no one was hurt but that plenty of people were in their homes and finding their way out of the wreckage. People came looking for me and Siena, knowing we had been home all day every day since the birth. Thank God that was the day my dad left so I had left the house because I was missing him and wanting to be with other people. The master bedroom and living room of our house were demolished, along with the kitchen, dining, spare bedrooms, everything. We managed to salvage a lot though. Lived with DH's parents for awhile and then moved into a rental home. Being on maternity leave was a lifesaver because I was able to unpack, go through all the soaked and insulation covered belongings once they were brought to the rental... but that took ages since Siena was still quite demanding. By the time I went back to work, life was less hectic but it would take a lot of time and stress to rebuild and deal with insurance and move back. By Siena's first birthday, life was back to normal. We were unpacked, insurance finally had settled our claim, we had a new vehicle (2 totalled cars), etc.

Sorry for the long bio! I thought my first year living with my DH would be the hardest of my life, but turns out the first year of my daughter's life beat it by a long shot. We matured and grew as a couple so much during that time and now life could not be better. I went off BCP in June and we started trying in August... second cycle we got pregnant and now I'm 6 weeks along!!! Let's hope this pregnancy and maternity leave go much smoother?????

Wow Libby! How scary but glad u were all ok. Congrats on ur baby on the way! I live in IA now but moved here from VA. In Winchester... not real far from Northern VA where I imagine u lived.

Ok, about me. I'm the old fogey here. My name is Misty. My DB is Jake. I am 38, he is 25. Yes, you would call that a cougar I suppose lol. We are not married. We've been together 2 years now and I told him if he wants to have kids it has to be very soon as I'm running out of time!! I have PCOS so when Jake decided yes he'd like us to have a child my doctor started me on Metformin. That is for insulin resistance which PCOS causes. It helped my cycles (I'd go months without a period) but they were still long. I don't know if I was ovulating or not. So after about 3 months on Metformin my doctor prescribed me Metformin. Much to my total shock, it worked the first month!! I'm on pins and needles cuz it just seems too good to be true. Plus I'm old and overweight lol. Kind of a shocker about me is I have 2 daughters from a previous relationship (divorced him). I was a teenage statistic... I had my first daughter less than a month after I turned 16 and my 2nd daughter a month before I turned 18. That makes them 22 and 20 years old now. And I'm starting over! Am I crazy or WHAT?! Due to my age I'm automatically considered high risk so I will be going to my OB and also to a perinatologist. They will do a lot of tests for genetic abnormalities and will watch the baby closely to make sure HE (I want a boy so I'm trying power of positive thinking! hee hee) is growing like he should. I believe my next ultrasound will be with the perinatologist on the 23rd of this month. I'll be 11 weeks then. So glad to be here on this NON eggshell walking thread!! ALL are welcome!! :)

Misty- you are not an old person lol! one of my very best friends is only a yr younger than you and i forget all the time that she is 10yrs older than me bc her son is only 2 months older than Joshua!

AS far as your daughters go they must be amazed at how well you turned out after being a teen mom! you did not let that get to you and end up not doing anything with your life...congrats girl!!!! You are always in my prayers with this little guy...now how many more do you want after this little one is the question? and what about names.....i know i know your not that far along but yeah dont be like me and still trying to think of one for my youngest son when i was 8months along and finally had a first name...Jamison i love it and we call him Jamie for short...its a good name wink wink!

Baybee- YAY!!! and thank you! i so wanted to just have a fresh start for those of us who wanted it so i am so happy you are loving it! cant wait to hear your bio. i feel like i am getting to know everyone all over again

Ok typing my bio now... where to start... second paragraph is long, sorry!

I grew up in Alaska and after college I moved to the south to stay with my mom a bit (she'd moved there a bit before me) in order to figure out what I wanted to do next. I ended up getting a govt internship, so moved to Virginia. I moved around a lot with that job and ended up in Alabama. Month after I ended a long-distance relationship, I was buying a house and that's when I met my future husband... my mortgage broker! We got engaged about a year later, I took him to AK that winter to meet the family, married in April 2010. DH wanted to wait awhile on kids, so I said ok I'll wait. We went on our Italy honeymoon in May and I took him and his mom to Alaska in June. Well, he changed his mind and we were pregnant in July, first month trying and only from dtding once! We were sooo shocked and dubious that we went for a blood test right away and almost still didn't believe it, haha. I thought it'd take awhile! Siena was born March 2011 after a very stressful pregnancy. As far as symptoms, I was actually pretty lucky. I was HUGE, all belly everyone said, but hips/back/etc all hurt a lot. Tons of exhaustion. Nausea but not much puking. The stress was due to my marriage. We had a lot of growing to do... my DH matured a lot during our engagement because I moved in with him and suddenly his drinking and smoking (that he said he didn’t really do) became issues. He'd drink when we were out with friends and get really crazy and then black out and wouldn't remember how awful he treated me and how embarrassing he acted. And he was a pig. So we worked on that during out engagement, lots of fights and drama, but was better by the time we got married... sort of. Fast forward to Siena's birth. We were over the MOON!!! But then reality hit once we got home. He slept and I was the one always up with her. I was the one soothing her when she cried. I started getting really overwhelmed and frustrated, having expected this to be an equal responsibility. Lots of freaking out. Then my dad came when Siena was 2 weeks old and they helped SO much. DH went back to work and my dad was soooo helpful... from doing dishes to staying up with Siena so I could rest some. Life started to calm just a bit. Nursing started getting less painful. The house was looking cleaner... and so was I, haha. My dad and DH started building a deck. The night before my dad left, we celebrated the completion of the deck and took pictures. DH drove my dad to the airport that morning, my dad had some delays but ended up leaving back to Alaska. I stayed home with Siena. The day was April 27, 2011.

Then something happened that I never thought I'd ever experience. The weather got stormy while I was visiting my stepdad... DH got off work at lunch and stopped by... so I followed him home... a storm had blown through so we went to look at the house. Our fence gate was broken, so that annoyed us.. and the power was off. Grr. Not wanting to be there alone, we took my car to DH's work (he works for his dad with his mom) and hoped they'd let him off early that day. While I was waiting for him at the office, we started getting tornado warnings. The weather got worse and worse. Power was going out all over the place and the news was going ballistic about tornado touch-downs. When there was a break in the weather, we drove to DH's parents house because it was close and we all hunkered down to wait for the storms to pass, since we knew we didn't have power at home and had a newborn to care for. DH started worrying about our house and our dogs (they were in the garage), so my FIL and DH went to check. Then MIL and I got the radio working... and heard a tornado had destroyed houses on a road very close to our house. I started FREAKING OUT bc DH wouldn't answer his phone. When I finally got ahold of him, he was talking in this strange rushed faraway voice about it all being gone... I somehow gathered our house had been hit and the dogs were missing. DH made it back with a tornado at their backs and police telling everyone its not safe. Later we would find out no one was hurt but that plenty of people were in their homes and finding their way out of the wreckage. People came looking for me and Siena, knowing we had been home all day every day since the birth. Thank God that was the day my dad left so I had left the house because I was missing him and wanting to be with other people. The master bedroom and living room of our house were demolished, along with the kitchen, dining, spare bedrooms, everything. We managed to salvage a lot though. Lived with DH's parents for awhile and then moved into a rental home. Being on maternity leave was a lifesaver because I was able to unpack, go through all the soaked and insulation covered belongings once they were brought to the rental... but that took ages since Siena was still quite demanding. By the time I went back to work, life was less hectic but it would take a lot of time and stress to rebuild and deal with insurance and move back. By Siena's first birthday, life was back to normal. We were unpacked, insurance finally had settled our claim, we had a new vehicle (2 totalled cars), etc.

Sorry for the long bio! I thought my first year living with my DH would be the hardest of my life, but turns out the first year of my daughter's life beat it by a long shot. We matured and grew as a couple so much during that time and now life could not be better. I went off BCP in June and we started trying in August... second cycle we got pregnant and now I'm 6 weeks along!!! Let's hope this pregnancy and maternity leave go much smoother?????

Libby- I am soooo happy Janelle brought to this thread! Your story is amazing and while reading i just kept think omg he is gonna be killed! Ok you can ask all the other ladies that i have had my far share of hard times with my husband Josh. We have been through hell and back a few times and right now we are another rough patch but all i can do is remind him i love him, he also now tells me he loves me everynight before we fall asleep because we know it does help. If you want to know anything about our relationship feel free to ask either in here for by pm. i always hope that by sharing what i have gone through can help someone else so they dont have to or makes it easier on them.

So this is a HUGE WELCOME and a HUGE Congrats on your daughter and the new baby! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Libby- So happy you're here!! I thought the same thing as Krissy when reading your story, I even started crying. I was so relieved to see that everyone was alright. It's a total bummer that you lost your home though. We just recently bought our first home and I would be devastated if we lost it. You're just as pregnant as me! How exciting we get to go through this journey together side by side!

MnJ- I don't think you're old either. I have never been one to look at age. It's over rated. I HAD a best friend who was in her 50's she has since disappeared and wont speak with me. I'm not sure what her problem is, but when I last spoke with her, she kinda seemed as though she was loosing her mind a little. I miss speaking with her, but it was her choice to cut contact. She has two sons that are my age who live in the same town as me, but they don't speak to her either. It's strange. Either way, I'm happy to of met YOU and not your age. :hugs:

AFM- I had another dream that I had twins last night. One boy and one girl. It was the craziest dream. I completely slept through my labor and delivery. I remember waking up and my husband being there at the hospital and I was freaking out because I had the baby. Then my husband told me we had twins. I was super excited. So I asked him, "was one a girl?!" He said one was a girl and the other a boy. For some reason, I was excited about this because I would be able to tell them apart. LOL strange, I know. But, we went home and I kept losing them. I had dreams like this when I was pregnant with my son, that I kept losing him. I would put him somewhere and forget where I put him. Has anyone ever had dreams like that? I think it's paranoia kicking in. The other thing was I was trying to breast feed one of the babies and my boob was just growing like crazy and the baby wasn't eating fast enough. It was the scariest feeling, but I woke up this morning with extremely sore bore boobs--literally felt like they were going to pop. I got out of bed and made sure I still had my breast pump for when this baby comes. I still got it, and it's in a safe spot! Just in case my boobs plan on growing like crazy!

Army- I'm thinking of you, and can't wait to hear your results!!!

MnJ- I also wanted to tell you, I've been using "sea bands" They aren't the prettiest, but you can look for Psi bands, they look more colorful, but they really work for morning sickness.

Krissy - I feel the same that age is just a number. I forget all the time that Jake is 13 years younger than me! Well, I do until he starts acting like an idiot like all guys do. Then I remember he's young and has MUCH to learn! I'm gonna learn him all right! (shaking fist) lol My oldest daughter, Ashlie, told me the other day she was watching something on tv about the statistics for children of teenage parents. It said that they were more likely to be teenage parents themselves, be poor and not do well in school. She said we had NONE of that so you did a good job, Mom! I thought that was so freakin sweet of her to tell me. In my mind I thought "we weren't poor?!" wow.. glad she feels she didn't do without but boy oh boy was it rough!! lol It's a long story but my mom kicked me out so I didn't have my family to rely on. Hard time in my life!! As for names, it's all still up in the air!! We'll probably be last minute like you! lol I've always liked the name Tyler if I ever had a boy but Jake doesn't like that name. As for a girl I like Emma Leigh (Leigh is my middle name too). Jake says "Don't I get a say??" I said yeah, but you're not throwing any suggestions out there! He likes older names. Guess we'll see. We have a long time to figure it out! First just hoping to make it to knowing we have a healthy baby growing well point!

Janelle - My best friends have always been older than me also. As of now, I don't really have a lot of friends. :cry: I got wrapped up in Jake then quit the 2nd job I had where most of my friends are so have lost touch mostly. Makes me sad. Also why I'm so happy to have you girls!!! :) I was giggling at your dream about having twins. I can't wait for your scan tomorrow to see if there REALLY is only one in there! hee hee As for dreaming you kept losing the baby I wonder if it's from pregnancy fears and worries you have everyday. I bet your bbs were hurting in your sleep is why you dreamed the part about them blowing up. I really don't like my chi chi's at night. When I turn over I seriously have to use my hands to drag them along with me they are SO big! Isn't that ridiculous? And when I get up to pee a million times a night I have to hold them cuz they hurt to move. Night time seems to be the worst time for them. Odd... As for baby supplies I will have to buy EVERYTHING of course. It's been 20 years since my last baby!! What in the world are sea bands???

I think Army is an hour ahead of me so it's 12:45 there now. Her appt was at 11:30 she said. Hope we hear something soon!!!

Janelle- I had a dream not to long ago that i had left Jamison in his crib at home while i was at a dr appt with avarie but i thought i had him with me and then i called josh and could hear jamie crying and josh said that i had left him ther by himself...totally freaked me out! i hate having dreams that scare the hell out of ya. even though they only saw one sac with you janelle could still be twin ya know! crazier things have happen lol cant wait for your scan tomorrow! isnt this some crap you get to see your baby or babies and i get to have at least one widsom tooth pulled tomorrow....i rather be you :cry"

Nicole- i am sitting her patiently waiting it is almost 1pm you are in NY so you are in the same zone so hurry up damn it! hahaha

AFM- Josh called me on his lunch break which he harldy ever does just to talk. i asked him what was really up. he said he was thinking about calling the property manager at the old apartment complex he was maintenance at for almost 6 years to see if they would hire him back at one of their 3 properties...i think he really regrets leaving back in may and i am starting to feel bad i did not push him harder to stay. i loved it there! i had my friends and our kids were friends and josh had his days he didnt like his job but for the most part he was happy. so i told him go ahead and call. i said i just want him to be happy and i started to cry. he goes why are you crying and i said well i dont know...its just i want you to be happy and i will follow you where ever it may lead us and i know he is not happy right now because it shows in our relationship because he pulls away and into his own little shell when he is not happy. he goes yeah i know. so i think I FINALLY got to the root of the problem. its not a problem with us its the fact he is so unhappy with the way leaving his old job turned out and he regrets doing it. i wish i could go back and stop him from leaving but in the end it will all work out, i have faith that it will.....its gotta right?

MnJ- Sea bands are bracelets that you wear. They use a trigger point to help with nausea. After last nights dinner fiasco, I put them on and was able to eat no problem. I have a hard time analyzing my dreams. Just the other night I had I dream I was at a bar with my best friend, we put $30 down on our tab. We paid for apple pie!! a dollar a slice. Who serves apple pie at a bar? Let alone who eats 30 slices of apple pie? I have been having some crazy strange dreams these last few nights.

Awe Pissy Krissy, I'm so happy it's going to work out. Hopefully, the manager gives him his job back and just in time for making a baby! It's your month, get some!! Fingers crossed!

Ok, so my pregnancy cyst is bigger than normal (usually no bigger than 3 cm). Mine 4.8 cm. It is also leaking a tiny bit but doctor says as long as it doesnt rupture it should be fine. There was a sac in my uterus but getting wqeekly ultrasounds because of the pain until we see a heartbeat! hCG went from 745 on Sunday afternoon to 1860 this morning! Repeat HCG check Friday morning and repeat ultrasound next Thursday.

Well I just got b*tched out in another thread that I liked (not the one with all of us) because my last 2 posts were about my pregnancy. I'm sorry if I'm concerned for my pregnancy. I read everyone's posts but sometimes I feel like all I have to say to some people is "Yay, for symptoms" or "I think this is your cycle". Sheesh.

Oh, and I dont mean to make this all about me, but is it normal to see a sac before 5 weeks along? According to a few websites, it doesnt appear until 5 weeks and 2-3 days.

MnJ- I love you! I need to teach my DH some lessons too. Especially getting off the fricking video games and spend time with your daughter if you are going to be deployed in 3 months DOOFUS! And when our daughter is asleep, spend some time with your wife and not on the video games! You have all deployment to catch up on your stupid games!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->