A Little About Me A Little About You

Hey folks! Ya'll seem like a nice bunch. :) Here's my deets:

Name: Amanda

Short Personal Description: I've worked a few odd jobs trying to make it in this crazy job market: fast food, sales, childcare, education, food & beverage, etc... But what I'm currently up to during my maternity leave is freelance writing. I've been the dedicated author of three free web serials (Eikasia, Kliffs Edge, and Akumu Love Panic) for the past six years. I'm also going to school online with Full Sail University for a Creative Writing Bachelor's degree. Fun fact: I graduate March 7th, the same day my baby is due, and a day after my husband's birthday! Nuts right!?

I'm currently married and living in Georgia with my husband, who is in the Air Force. It's been hard being away from friends and family, and I'm sort of kicking myself for not thinking of coming here earlier in my pregnancy!

Favorites:

Hobbies: Video games, comic books, literature, film, alternative boardgames, tabletop roleplaying, and creative writing

Color: Red

Food: Atm? BBQ Ribs <3

Hang-out: My house. I'm a homebody these days. XD

Music: Alternative Pop and Electronica (Grind House especially!)

Books: Sharp Objects, Kitty and the Midnight Hour, Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf, The Crucible, The Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Flies, The Poisonwood Bible, etc...

Movies: Snatch, Fight Club, Shaun of the Dead, American Psycho, The Avengers, etc.

TV Shows: The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story, How I Met Your Mother

Authors: Carrie Vaughn and Gillian Flynn.

Cartoon Character: Honestly? I don't really have a favorite...

Digging Deeper: Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year! Thanksgiving is second. :)

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: England

Most Influential Person in Your Life: My dad

Greatest Ambition: To raise my son to be a good man!

Biggest Achievement: So far? Getting a comic script I wrote accepted into my school's comic book anthology. But after that? Getting my bachelor's degree next Spring!

Grandest Wish: To be able to get a second degree.

What You Can't Live Without: My macbook :p

My name is Leslie, after almost 10 years of trying to conceive I became pregnant (9 weeks as of Jan 3, 2013). I was over joyed and I still am quite excited ( my husband is as well). Nausea plagues me, being high risk ( diabetes and seizure disorder ) I have to go to a "special place" in my head to combat the hyperemesis ( darn pregnancy genetics ). :)
The hormones have not been a major issue though I do go from happy to weepy. My hubby has a tough time with the hormones on occasion and it is quite stressful (to the point of anxiety). Funny :) thing about anxiety (my opinion), it make my skin crawl (literally)... always fun, especially since it brings about an insatiable itch.

I have done research and due to the risk to my little peanut I just do not take any OTC meds... I am too afraid to lose this little miracle. I love seeing the heartbeat on the Ultrasound... it makes it real and it sends me into JOY overdrive :) I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks, my husband and I were just in awe... then at 9 weeks I followed up with the doc and she did an in office ultrasound and I saw the heart beat again.

I was shocked to see how much my peanut grew as well as his/her shifting positions (how can that be? it happened at it made me laugh)

I am nervous, obviously. Many things scare the caca out of me... especially pushing that baby out.. the birth gies me nightmares
nightmares hahaha!

I am happy to find this forum.
Leslie

Well I'm Kristina. I'm 26 (27 next month) and have been with my OH for 3.5yrs.
We live in Manitoba, Canada, with our 2 fur babies in our own small slice of heaven where we hope to bring home our first mini-us baby one day.
We've been actively ttc for the past 4 months and are currently in the 2ww.
At the moment I type this, I'm experiencing some slight cramping across my lower abdomen and suffering from an extremely stuffy nose.

Good luck on your ttc journeys, baby dust to us all!!

About me

Name: Imani

Occupation: Unemployed but looking for work while part time studying

Short Personal Description: I am 20 years old 21 in a weeks time &#127881; , I have been TTC for 2 and a half years now and found out after 6 months of Trying that I have PCOS along with a blocked Fallopian tube &#128078;.. Soo I have been with my fiancé 3 and a half year and we live together with our 2 and a half year old cava-tzu &#128054; x

Favorites:

Hobbies: The internet,music,shopping,baking and I live to decorate.

Color: pink , white

Food: I love Caribbean food , but cheese with anything

Music: drake, Chris brown , Kendrick Lamar , nicki minaj , boys2Men (all sorts )

Books: Not much of a book reader but I do like magazines

Movies: Love & Basket ball , daddy's little girls

TV Shows: I love my soaps , kardashians

Cartoon Character : can't think of one .

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The most: Brazil and Hawaii

Greatest Ambition: To have a family of my own and be a midwife :)

Biggest Achievement: not sure yet

Grandest Wish: To have my own family and for all those Trying too &#10024;&#128118;

What You Can't Live Without : My family &#10084;&#65039;

Me

I just would like to say I send baby dust to you all &#10024;&#10024;&#10024; xx

A Little About Me

Name: Miesha

Short Personal Description: I work for the apartment complex I live in. I used to work for a global insurance company but our department closed. I have a happy go lucky 14 month old son :baby: , who was born 2 1/2 months before my mom passed away so she was able to meet him and the hubs and I are TTC again. I'm due to check this weekend, fingers crossed!

Favorites:

Hobbies: Crossfit, hanging at the house with my family

Color: pastels and earth tones lol two different spectrums

Food: FOOD!!!

Hang-out: cuddling with my son and hubs

Music: Christian & Gospel

Books: The Bible

Movies: Snatch, Lock Stock and two smoking barrels, White Chicks, 21 Jump Street, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown,.....MOVIES...lol

TV Shows: Dexter, CSI Miami, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU

Authors: uuuuuhhhhh....

Cartoon Character: Sponge Bob

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: India, Spain and France (Just one right? lol)

Most Influential Person in Your Life: My mom

Greatest Ambition: To be all that I can be for my Jesus and in memory of my mom!

Biggest Achievement: Becoming a mother and Getting my bachelor degree while working full time and living on my own.

Grandest Wish: That I make it in to be with my King Jesus!

What You Can't Live Without: My cell lol!!

I think that 's it! Glad I joined and here's to hoping for healthy, happy pregnancies and lots of BFP's!!!

Hi, I just got a positive blood test for the very first time and I wanted to lurk around the forums (and even post a little) to get first hand experience from other ladies.

My interests: I'm into music of all sorts and I went to college for piano pedagogy. I love literature, mostly fantasy and sci-fi but I will read just about everything. My husband and I both love games, both tabletop and video, and like nothing more than playing a good RPG.

I don't watch much TV as we don't have any service but when I can catch it online, I love Castle.

Some Background: I grew up in Michigan and my husband spent the first half of his life growing up in Poland. He immigrated to Canada when he was 13. We met in an IRC chatroom and were casual friends for years before we started taking a more personal interest in each other. We got married in 2004 and I moved to Canada immediately after.

We didn't have much money so we put off trying to have kids at the beginning. When we started two years ago, we didn't realize there would be issues until I started seeing a fertility doctor this past summer. Found out I have an unusual uterus and a blocked tube. We feel incredibly blessed to have gotten pregnant this month!

Sorry, I don't like filling out lists. ;)

CONGRATS!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Enjoy every moment of it...well as much as you can lol! It gets to be really fun around 20 weeks up until about 34 weeks lol then you're ready for relief!

I had morning sickness for weeks 12 and 13 then it came back in my 3rd trimester as my son got bigger....then went away when he dropped.

My name is Leslie, after almost 10 years of trying to conceive I became pregnant (9 weeks as of Jan 3, 2013). I was over joyed and I still am quite excited ( my husband is as well). Nausea plagues me, being high risk ( diabetes and seizure disorder ) I have to go to a "special place" in my head to combat the hyperemesis ( darn pregnancy genetics ). :)
The hormones have not been a major issue though I do go from happy to weepy. My hubby has a tough time with the hormones on occasion and it is quite stressful (to the point of anxiety). Funny :) thing about anxiety (my opinion), it make my skin crawl (literally)... always fun, especially since it brings about an insatiable itch.

I have done research and due to the risk to my little peanut I just do not take any OTC meds... I am too afraid to lose this little miracle. I love seeing the heartbeat on the Ultrasound... it makes it real and it sends me into JOY overdrive :) I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks, my husband and I were just in awe... then at 9 weeks I followed up with the doc and she did an in office ultrasound and I saw the heart beat again.

I was shocked to see how much my peanut grew as well as his/her shifting positions (how can that be? it happened at it made me laugh)

I am nervous, obviously. Many things scare the caca out of me... especially pushing that baby out.. the birth gies me nightmares
nightmares hahaha!

I am happy to find this forum.
Leslie

:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

CONGRATS... The roller coaster is just beginning lol! I was a big ole baby cry lol. I ordered pizza online once and when the delivery guy came he only had my dessert. I went online in a rage because I knew I ordered pizza and I had forgot to add my pizza. I threw the mouse and started crying. My husband, as nice as he could, said baby the pizza is only $10, the mouse you just threw is $80. lol.....

To the hormonal ride of pregnancy lol!!

:hug:

Name: Kelli

Short Personal Description: I work at a chinese restaurant. have a large family. recently got married. had our first child in october.

Favorites:

Hobbies: writing. yoga. smiling.

Color: Green.

Food: pasta in any form!

Hang-out: my living room. i'm a bore.

Music: my musical tastes change with the weather. it's dark, cold and dreary now, i'm very into slow, dark, electronic.

Books: i haven't been reading much lately, but i suppose i like autobiographies of those people i find interesting.

TV Shows: Lost.

Authors: right now i am reading a book by chuck klosterman. he's very funny.

Cartoon Character: speedy gonzales.

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: japan.

Most Influential Person in Your Life: that's recently changed. the person that influences my life the most now is my 3 month old son, thomas.

Greatest Ambition: happiness. for myself and my family.

Biggest Achievement: finding real love in this world.

Grandest Wish: that i can personally make a difference one day.

What You Can't Live Without: a nice relaxing bath once in a while.

A Little About Me

Name: Kristina

Short Personal Description: I work with children with mental and behavior disorders. I am a wife and mother to two. I am in school working on my Masters and I love to shop.
Favorites:

Hobbies: Shopping, eating out, cooking, spending time with my family
Color: Purple

Food: Sushi

Hang-out: Anything with my click…the FAB5

Music: R&B/ Rap

Books: Anything by Sophia Kinsella

Movies: Any love story or anything with Jason Statham

TV Shows: Scandal, Modern Family, RHWOA, Bachelor

Authors: Sophia Kinsella

Cartoon Character: Tweety

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: Italy

Most Influential Person in Your Life: My Mom

Greatest Ambition: Happiness

Biggest Achievement: Getting my 1st Masters

Grandest Wish: To win the lottery

What You Can't Live Without: My IPhone

Name: Courtney

Occupation: Image Processing Clerk (fancy name for Scanner Girl)

Short Personal Description: I'm an aspiring writer, half-heartedly working on my first novel, in the mean time I work part-time at a Law Firm, scanning in old documents. I've been married for 3 years now to an equally nerdy dude, who is kinda awesome.

Favorites:

Hobbies: I love writing, playing video games, hanging out with my husband, listening to music, going for walks.

Color: Purple!

Food: Cheese!

Hang-out: Home is pretty cool.

Music: Depends on the day!

Books: I love reading everything and anything.

TV Shows: Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy

Authors: JK Rowling, currently.

Cartoon Character: Errr, I don't even know!

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: Brazil! (Does it count if you've already been?)

Most Influential Person in Your Life: It's a tie between my mom and hubby.

Greatest Ambition: To live. :)

Biggest Achievement: Slowly working my way to overcoming my issues with OCD and depression.

Grandest Wish: To have a fulfilling life!

What You Can't Live Without: Oh gosh....My iphone/ipod! Can't live without music!

Name: Melissa

Short Personal Description: I love my husband and enjoy being married. I love working with children and can't wait to start a family of my own!

Favorites:

Hobbies: I love to go on walks, I like to crochet.

Food: Pasta

Hang-out: My House!

Music: All types... I would call myself eclectic!

Books: Haven't read much since finishing grad school. But I'm sappy and love a good book with a happy ending!

TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy

Authors: ...

Cartoon Character: ...

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: Australia

Most Influential Person in Your Life: Husband

Greatest Ambition: To live life without having to worry about money!

Biggest Achievement: Getting my masters degree! =)

Grandest Wish: To live happily ever after!

Hi all, long time lurker but decided to sign up today as everyone seems so nice and supportive and I think I am driving my husband crazy with all my wondering/obsessing!

A Little About Me

Name: EJ

Short Personal Description: I hope to think I am a friendly gal who loves to laugh and probably sometimes parties a little too hard!

Favorites:

Hobbies: Punk rock gigs (unsigned bands in M'cr rock!), listening to music, comedy, drawing, seeing friends, driving, motorsport

Color: Dark Purple

Food: chicken!

Hang-out: my sofa, out with mates after work, at the weekend, house parties

Music: Punk rock, punk pop, hardcore punk, metal

Books: Don't read as much as I should - current fave is World War Z. Also just read The Man with The Golden Gun and loved it, more Bond I think :thumbup:

Movies: Zoolander, The South Park Movie,

TV Shows: Red Dwarf, Family Guy, American Dad, Elfen Leid, Doctor Who

Cartoon Character: Roger the Alien - American Dad

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: United States or Russia. Germany I have been to but I love it there and want to go back :cloud9:

Most Influential Person in Your Life: My Husband and my parents

Greatest Ambition: No stress and to be happy in my job - to keep all my amazing friends

Biggest Achievement: Getting my current job and learning to drums

Grandest Wish: To be the road manager of a touring successful punk band!

What You Can't Live Without: the internet and Wikipedia ;)

Name: Alicia

Short Personal Description: I'm a full time nursing student. I really enjoy the outdoors and I love animals. I have 4 fur babies, 2 dogs and 2 cats. I'm with the love of my life and we will have been together for 7 years in July of 2014.

Favorites:

Hobbies: Gardening, Photography, Reading, Video Games, Nature, Movies, etc.

Food: Vegetable Beef Soup!

Music: Rock

Books: Song of Ice and Fire

Movies: Howl's Moving Castle, Mulan, How to Train Your Dragon, The Blind Side, etc.

TV Shows: Game of Thrones, Once Upon a Time, Arrow, Being Human, etc.

Authors: George RR Martin

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: Somewhere with amazing landscape

Most Influential Person in Your Life: My Love

Greatest Ambition: To provide those I love with a life full of happiness and comfort

Grandest Wish: For a healthy pregnancy and life for our child

What You Can't Live Without: My family

A Little About Me

Name: Victoria

Short Personal Description: I live with my fiancé and our dog and cat in an apartment roughly the size of a shoe box! We are currently looking for a bigger place, hoping to expand our family and looking to get married this year. We have been together for 4 years this March and, though we&#8217;ve had our ups and downs (lately it seems like a lot of downs, but that&#8217;s neither here nor there), I still love him like crazy! Also currently looking to make a job change, go back to school AND I recently quit smoking &#8211; lots going on here!

Favorites:

Hobbies: Reading and Netflix &#8211; I&#8217;m so boring

Color: Pink

Food: Pizza &#8211; really, mature right? lol

Hang-out: My couch! I don&#8217;t like going out.

Music: Country &#8211; Luke Bryan, Brantley Gilbert and Miranda Lambert :)

Books: The Harry Potter series. I&#8217;ve read and re-read them a dozen times and I still love them. Also, &#8220;The Help&#8221; was amazing!

Movies: Anything Disney

TV Shows: Doctor Who, The Big Bang Theory, NCIS, Duck Dynasty

Authors: JK Rowling

Cartoon Character: Stitch

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: England

Most Influential Person in Your Life: My mother &#8211; she passed when I was still in high school and I try to live every day in a way to make her proud!

Greatest Ambition: To be stress free and happy

Biggest Achievement: Sadly, getting the position I currently hold at work (at a job I don&#8217;t even like!)

Grandest Wish: Start a family, have a nice little house somewhere warm and live comfortably!

What You Can't Live Without: My cell! I&#8217;d be lost without it.

A Little About Me

Name: Cassie

Hobbies: Cooking, crosswords, knitting, and movie marathons!

Color: Green

Food: I make an absolutely delicious chocolate chip cheesecake.

Hang-out: I'm a shut in so at home :)

Music: A little bit of everything, lots of Owl City

Books: big fan of the Bronte sisters, especially Jane Eyre

Movies: The X-Men's, Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice, and Shawshank Redemption

TV Shows: Sex and the City, Law and Order, Big Bang Theory, and Modern Family

Authors: Bronte Sisters

Cartoon Character: Tweety Bird!

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: France

Most Influential Person in Your Life: My best friend, also called my husband :)

Greatest Ambition: To open up my very own bakery

Biggest Achievement: Overcoming a difficult childhood

Grandest Wish: To just have peace

What You Can't Live Without: My computer!

A Little About Me

Name: Vanessa

Short Personal Description: I am a f-t mum, kids age 11 and 9 from a straight relationship, I'm also studying p-t for a degree in English Literature, hoping to be able to teach one day :)

Favorites:

Hobbies: Shopping, baking, walking, reading, tattoos.

Color: Red

Food: Steak

Hang-out: home!

Music: anything and everything, but love Pink

Books: too many to mention, crime thrillers, horror, psychological disturbing stuff

Movies: Taken, Pulp Fiction, Starsky and Hutch, Step Brothers... I'm a bit of a boy...

TV Shows: Soaps, Drama, One Born Every Minute addict...

Authors: loads

Cartoon Character: Dory?

Digging Deeper:hmmm what to say... Lesbian couple, I have two kids already, partner is slightly older and is currently ttc, but could end up being me carrying if it doesn't work :)

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: Brazil

Most Influential Person in Your Life: ......??? me...?

Greatest Ambition: To give my children the lifestyle I never had.

Biggest Achievement: My kids :)

Grandest Wish: To have a happy healthy new addition to the family with relatively little stress...

What You Can't Live Without: My family :) or my phone.... ;)

Hi all...... 4DPO as it stands, 2ww sucks!

About me

Name: Keily

Short Personal Description: I am a full time mummy to a lg called Scarlett I have been with my oh for nearly 9 years

Favorites:

Hobbies: The internet, shopping

Color: Pink

Food: Pasta bake

Hang-out: At Home

Music: all sorts

Books: Don't really read apart from magazines

Movies: Chic Flicks

TV Shows: Soaps & Reality TV

Authors: cant think of any lol

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: America or Dubai

Most Influential Person in Your Life: My Mom

Greatest Ambition: To be the best mom I can

Biggest Achievement: Having my daughter

Grandest Wish: To never have finnancial worries

What You Can't Live Without : My daughter, OH & Family

A Little About Me

Name: Brittany

Short Personal Description: I became a step mom at 21 to my best half's wonderful children. I am in school to become a Physical Therapist Assistant and newly found out I'm expecting my 1st by sheer surprise. Been living with and dating my love for 3 years now.

Favorites:

Hobbies: School, reading, Candy Crush Saga(lol, so so sad, I know!), Internet

Color: Orange

Food: Egg Salad

Hang-out: Eeh, at home.

Music: Country.

Books: ...undefined?

Movies: TMNT movies, Jurrasic Park movies, American History X.

TV Shows: Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Legit, Wilfred, Law&Order:SVU, Criminal Minds.

Authors: Nada.

Cartoon Character: Felix the Cat. (-:

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: Norway.

Most Influential Person in Your Life: My mother.

Greatest Ambition: To be happy in life, keep my family safe, healthy and happy and make a difference wherever I possibly can.

Biggest Achievement: Making the decisions I did at 21... ( sorry its so vague, too much to go in to detail about)

Grandest Wish: To be the best and do the best I can for myself and family

What You Can't Live Without: My phone!!!

Name: Alaina

Occupation: currently teaching ESL in Japan, soon to be a medical coder (if I pass my exam!) in the states.

Short Personal Description: I ran away to Japan 2 years ago for some adventure and a change of pace. I happened to meet my husband in the process and we have just recently married. Life is full of surprises!

Favorites:

Hobbies: yoga, photography, and recently, pottery making

Color: mustard yellow (obsessed)

Food: anything. I really love Japanese food but miss mexican food dearly.

Hang-out: I'm a coffee shop junkie.

Music: Love folk and indie music. Really loving Ben Howard these days.

Books: Currently reading Bringing Up Bebe.

TV Shows: modern fam and himym

Authors: Hemingway (oldie but goodie)

Cartoon Character: yosemite sam.

Digging Deeper:

Country You Wish To Visit The Most: France

Most Influential Person in Your Life: My husband, mother, and friends.

Greatest Ambition: peace within and finding my niche.

Biggest Achievement: moving 6000 miles from home and meeting the love of my life in the process.

Grandest Wish: To teach my children kindness and to be self sufficient.

What You Can't Live Without: music and coffee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"