A little bit of hope

Lucky4

Reaction score
I eventually got a bfp on my last cycle before I turned 40. I am now 26 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy( all normal on amnio). I had 3 mc over the previous 4 years , each time taking 6-9 months to conceive. This bfp took 18 months and to be honest I had given up, was no longer using opks or timing bd. We only dtd once the whole cycle- about day 11 though I don't know when I ov'd. I'm not going to patronise by saying stop trying/ stressing because that doesn't help when you are so desperate for a bfp. But it still can happen after 3mc, months and months of trying and about to turn 40. For me, I just needed the one good cycle with a healthy egg. Good luck and don't lose hope

What a kind gesture, to take the time to write this message and share your good news!

I remain hopefully, too (if a little worried).

Good luck with it all!

that is just what i needed today.
cd40 and :witch:got me.

i've been debating if i'm going to go for acupuncture again this cycle,
or just try to chill out on some of it.

thank you and best to you on your pregnancy journey.

:hugs:

Congrats Lucky4!

I also had 3 early mc between age of 35 and 37 before finally getting a sticky bfp. I'm now almost 38 weeks with a girl. The cycle I conceived I was so tired of thinking about how everything I do might affect fertility and decided to live a little and I trained rather hard in the gym trying to lightening my mood, I don't know if that helped… I was still obsessively stressing about timing bd and opk though. DH was really pissed off by me and we managed to bd only once.

During the whole TTC, multiple mc process, the most annoying thing people say is "relax, it'll happen", often coming from people who have children without any difficulties, they have no idea about fertility problems yet love to act as experts. So I tell others in similar situation that I was not relaxed at all, I end up conceiving under a very stressful mental state, so don't blame yourself for unable to relax on top of everything else.

Lucky4, what a wonderful story!
Have a happy and healthy rest of pregnancy

that is just what i needed today.
cd40 and :witch:got me.

i've been debating if i'm going to go for acupuncture again this cycle,
or just try to chill out on some of it.

thank you and best to you on your pregnancy journey.

:hugs:

Lucky, thanks for sharing your story!!

vkj73, I had an early miscarriage in June & started acupuncture in July. I think that it really helped prepare my body to get my BFP. I don't know if it works for everyone, but I'm a big believer in it now!

That's really wonderful! thanks for sharing your story!

ladies thank you for sharing your stories, AF got me yesterday have been feeling pretty low since then, you made feel hopeful again :)

During the whole TTC, multiple mc process, the most annoying thing people say is "relax, it'll happen", often coming from people who have children without any difficulties, they have no idea about fertility problems yet love to act as experts. So I tell others in similar situation that I was not relaxed at all, I end up conceiving under a very stressful mental state, so don't blame yourself for unable to relax on top of everything else.

Nebulosa this post just made my night! I've gotten to the point where I stress myself out thinking that I'm not supposed to be stressed, lol.

DH and his ex conceived his first child very quickly/easily without any type of cycle tracking, and is always telling me to relax. Drives me crazy!! Exercise does seem to help dissipate the anxiety, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->