A little help for a newbie!

richiesgal

Mammy to Alfie!
Reaction score
Hi!

I am new to this site and new to TTC and I have been stalking this thread for weeks before joining haha! You ladies are so full of good advice!!

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same symptoms as me when coming off BC after 10 years and TTC #1. Any help would be appreciated! :thumbup:

sooo - had my withdrawal bleed after BC on 27th March 2011. On 21st April I had the worst pains ever in my left side, above my hip and into my groin. Was so bad I went to the walk in centre on advice of NHS direct! Was told it was ovulation pains!

On 3rd May (so CD38 and 12 dpo (if that's what it was) my first real AF arrived.

Since then we have BD'd as much as poss but may have missed ny ov this month as I really didn't think my cycle would be so long again and miscalculated. Anyway we last BD on 20th May and then I had those pains again on 26th May (CD23). Not sure if his swimmers can last that long!

The weird bit is that for a few days before ov this month and up until today even I have felt sick every day and soooo tired, I also have had watery CM (sorry if TMI) and today I have AF like cramps on left side. I have had hot flushes too and am normally v cold! Also had a racing heart and a cold, headaches and dizziness.

I have been reading up on my symptoms and there is a lot of evidence to suggest it could be due to coming off BC - the thing is I had none of this last month!

I just wondered if anyone has some advice. I appreciate that I am only new to this and my body is still settling but I am so impatient haha! Have done 2 tests this month already both of which say they won't work until after AF so that was a bit silly of me!

I really really want to test tomorrow as I am at a wedding and obviously won't want to drink if I am preg but I know it is prob too early to tell.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the length!

Babydust to all!

XXX

Hi Richiesgal,
Welcome :)
I was on BC for more than 20 years but ive been off for just over 2 years now (not ttc that long though).
To be honest, i cant remember exactly what it was like when i came off the BCP but im pretty sure it took me a few months for AF to settle down.
Are you doing anything else, using opks, temping, etc?
Do you know when youre next AF is due (roughly)?
xx

Thanks for your reply redbubble!

I haven't done any of those things because I would get obsessed (I am already bad enough haha!) and because if hubby knew I was charting etc he might feel the pressure!

I have felt like my temp is all over the place but that could be anything I suppose!

If I go off last cycle I am due AF on 10th June (such a long cycle - grr!).

If I am not preg I just want AF so I can start again!

XXX

I know what you mean. I take my temp while hubby is asleep still but he knows im doing it. He just asks me daily if we've had a smiley face today (on the opks).
He knows when we get one he has 2-3 days of continuously dtd and then he can have a break for a few days (if he wants to) lol

Could you do some opks (cheap ones or the CB digital smileys) without him having to know (so hes not pressured).
Before we were ttc i used to use an app on my iphone that really accurately predicted my periods and it was only a day out this cycle when i compared its predicted ovulation with my opks and temps :)

Im currently in my 2nd 2WW and we have some parties to go to, but we always get around that by me being the designated driver :thumpup: Nobody questions why im not drinking then :rofl:

GL xx

haha I like your sneaky style!!!

I think I will get some cheap opks next cycle. That app on your phone sounds good will defo look into that too! :D

Good idea re the designated driver plan! I will have to start phasing that in regardless because otherwise my friends will defo guess when I finally get my BFP as me and hubby are always out and we always drink! :blush:

How exciting that you are in your 2WW!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you and a BFP!!

XXX

haha I like your sneaky style!!!

I think I will get some cheap opks next cycle. That app on your phone sounds good will defo look into that too! :D

Good idea re the designated driver plan! I will have to start phasing that in regardless because otherwise my friends will defo guess when I finally get my BFP as me and hubby are always out and we always drink! :blush:

How exciting that you are in your 2WW!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you and a BFP!!

XXX

I use an app called period tracker. Theres sections for adding notes and temperature, fertility observations and symptoms from your AF as well. Got a little slidey button so that you can switch it to "Im pregnant" as well :)
the 2WW is awful lol and because im temping for the first time this month, im obsessed with watching my temp and willing it to stay up lol
If im going to drink, then i usually do it when i get AF :wine:
Designated driver gets me outta allsorts of trouble lol
GL with getting a :bfp: xx

Thank you redbubble!

And thanks for the app info, I will definitely look into it although I am a bit of a techno disaster :haha:

I tested yesterday and BFN but that was only 9DPO. Was staring and staring at the blank window imagining I could see a v faint line, I think I am going crazy haha!

Still having mad symptoms, lots of AF cramps and really short of breath? Bizarre.....

By the way - I am at work at the moment so can't log on lots if it takes me a while to reply!

X

Thank you redbubble!

And thanks for the app info, I will definitely look into it although I am a bit of a techno disaster :haha:

I tested yesterday and BFN but that was only 9DPO. Was staring and staring at the blank window imagining I could see a v faint line, I think I am going crazy haha!

Still having mad symptoms, lots of AF cramps and really short of breath? Bizarre.....

By the way - I am at work at the moment so can't log on lots if it takes me a while to reply!

X

Im only 7dpo and im struggling not to poas!!
Ive had a bit of a sore throat for a couple of days, boobs are a little tingly/sore (but i get that just before AF anyway) and ive had a few dizziyish spells and some slight nausea. Of course, it could all just be in my head :wacko:
I sometimes manage to sneak on at work or i use my phone (and get tons of probs with the phone 'correcting' words) :rofl:
Not long to be able to test and get a :bfp: FX x

I have everything crossed for you and a :bfp: :happydance:

For mr - I think the witch is on her way, I have extreme unexplained rage!!! :wacko: The lads at work are giving me a wide berth!

I think I am due tomorrow or Thursday so I might give in to my poas addiction if no witch by Thurs??

Let me know how you get on hun

X

Hi redbubble how are you getting on?

I tested again this morning as AF now 2 days late but BFN :( so now I just want AF to come so I can move on to the next cycle!

hope you're ok

x

Hi Richiesgal

Well, i really dont think this is my month. I just feel soooo Unpregnant :(
Im not due until early next week but i keep sporadically doing tests (Silly coz i know its too early) Im only 10dpo today.
Ive had some stupidly early wake up times this past week (usually around 4-4.30am) and not really been able to get back to sleep, so took temps earlier than usual and thy look promising but i think im just getting my hoes up.
Hey ho.....

You never know, you might be one of those ladies who just doesnt have positives show up on hpts. I'll still keep my fingers crossed for you :)
xx

Hi Richiesgal

Well, i really dont think this is my month. I just feel soooo Unpregnant :(
Im not due until early next week but i keep sporadically doing tests (Silly coz i know its too early) Im only 10dpo today.
Ive had some stupidly early wake up times this past week (usually around 4-4.30am) and not really been able to get back to sleep, so took temps earlier than usual and thy look promising but i think im just getting my hoes up.
Hey ho.....

You never know, you might be one of those ladies who just doesnt have positives show up on hpts. I'll still keep my fingers crossed for you :)
xx

Some people don't get symptoms so don't give up hope! Temps and early waking sound good :)

I got AF on Thursday so back to my lovely long cycle :haha:

Nevermind at least I know things are doing what they should!

I think you should test soon, you must be 13 dpo now are you?

X

richiesgirl how long are your circles? mine used to be spot on 28 days few years back, but the last 2 years it can range from 28-35... its my 40th day to day... my last period was the 4th may. i feel like af is on her way but im getting very strange twinges aswelll which ive had all month on and off!! x

richiesgirl how long are your circles? mine used to be spot on 28 days few years back, but the last 2 years it can range from 28-35... its my 40th day to day... my last period was the 4th may. i feel like af is on her way but im getting very strange twinges aswelll which ive had all month on and off!! x

Hi babybluestace!

Cycles are 38 days long (well last 2 have been so that's what I am going off!)

I'm 29 but have just come off the pill after 11 years so I expected long cycles.

If you have strange twinges and you last got AF on 4th May I would test! FX'd for you :happydance:

x

tested yesterday morning... bfn... hoping its just too early though. will get a clearblue digi test next week if af doesnt show! x

Ah nevermind, still time for a :bfp: hun!!

Wait a couple more days then test again, it's not over until AF shows her face!

X

still no signs... clearblue digi tests bought, just debating when to take the 1st test...so nervous lol x

I havent been able to get on here for a few days but AF got me on 12th - a day early Grrrr
Oh well, bring on the next round lol - ive decided to stay superpositive (Well, try to anyway lol)
OH has his SA on 6 July so that falls within this cycle and we should know if his VR worked then :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->