A little update on me, re lactating and a pat of the back ha ha *updated*

Worrisome

mummy to 2boys and a girl
Reaction score
Well as some of you will probably remember I was asking about combined feeding in the hope of trying to get my milk back as lo as bad reflux and I feel after research bm is better for her. I bf until 4 weeks but I was poorly and had to stop:cry:

I have been trying to get my milk back for about a week now, I literally couldn't pump more than 1oz from both boobs in the morning, when your milk is supposed to be at the highest.

After a lot of research I started pumping every 2 hours round the clock, eating oats (thanks Mystika:thumbup: and lynnikins:thumbup:) redbush tea, fennel and lots of water. I am now pumping 4oz most sessions and bf lo. I still have a way to go and having to supplement with ff but we are getting there, so it can be done.:happydance:

Well done, sounds like you're doing really well :0)

Does anyone know, when combined feeding, how much ebm do they need a day?

I tend to go with what it says on the formula box (even with ebm) - if she drinks it all, i offer a bit more and see how we get on really!! Trial and error!

congrats thats fantastic. My supply is also increasing well, havent managed to get LO to latch yet but the midwife comes back tomorrow. Im getting sore though! As for how much to top up with just continue to feed on demand as you wont know how much LO is getting when you bf. When mine was still latching he would take anything from 0 to 3 oz to satisy him per feed.

fantastic news ke :happydance: How much ebm do you give Ellis each feed?
Really hope mw can help hun, keep me posted.

Do they need less ebm than formula? I'm sure Ive read its not like formula and age relevant, is it 1oz for 1 hour, can any one confirm this? I'm sure I'm not going mental, i must have read that some where :haha:

He takes the the same amount of expressed as he would formula to fill him. At the minute im not getting enough to do full feeds so he only gets my daily expressed total as one feed.

I'm wondering if i could try and go cold turkey on the formula, obviously bf more often. I know baby's express milk more efficiently and I'm only using a manual pump.
It seems to be the formula she is bringing up.
any opinions welcome

you can try, the worst that should happen is that LO wants to feed more often to start with but if you keep offering boob she should increase your supply.

As for trying BFing only, why not try it and see? She'll cluste feed if shecwants more and that wil increase your supply naturally.
If it was me I'd try it for a day, start in the morning etc, perhaps supplement with formula at bedtime of needed but push through the daylight hours just offering more and more boob.

well done! When my mum relctated with my sister she did end up doing it cold turkey, it took two or three days to get back to full supply xx

thanks SR, how old was your sister when your mum re lactated?
thanks farie, so obviously instead of expressing I would just offer boob all the time?
I think I'm going to try, where at Dr's Thursday, so if doesn't work I can say I have tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->