A lot of thin vaginal discharge

Jeval323

Reaction score
And by thin, I mean almost like urine like. I was sitting at my computer for like 2 hours and when I got up, even my pants were wet. I have never had that much discharge. I did not have to pee at all while I was sitting there either. It is clear, odorless and very thin and a lot of it. Anyone experience similar?

I don't know if it's normal or not, but I'm having it as well, and I'm a little concerned. I've had a lot of discharge so far, but it hasn't been so thin until just recently.

Hopefully someone can answer this for us!

I'm reading up about people who had amniotic fluid leaks, and they sort of have similar things. I guess a call to the OB is in store tomorrow. I'm having a bit of twinges in my pelvic area and a little uncomfortable feelings but nothing really crazy or unusual. Just nervous, it was so much.

If it helps, I've had it for a long time now. All I do is wear panty liners that I have to change out a few times and they get soaked through. Everything is fine with me. It's annoying but there's no way of stopping it.

Are there any other symptoms that go along with amniotic fluid leaks? Can they fix that? I think I'll probably be calling tomorrow to ask. My next appt isn't for 3 weeks, if something is wrong Id like to know before then.

From what I've read, no other signs. Some say it has a very distinct smell though and would be recognizably different smell. Most women who have experienced our same issue just had a lot of discharge and was normal. So no need for us to run to ER I suppose, but I will call doc as well. Keep me posted on yours, I will do the same :)

I'll let you know! I haven't noticed a different smell... Just the normal dischargy smell I guess. Hoping everything is normal for us!

its pretty normal ... as long as it doesnt smell or make you itch its normal

I use pantyliners for it now

I agree it's likely normal.

And it's very common ladies think their fluid is leaking just to find they've been peeing a little :haha: if you do suspect you have leaking fluids keep drinking alot, the fluids can replenish themselves.

when it's more discharge than usually... it could be infection. infection is not always itchy and smelly discharge.

I've had constant thin discharge with this pregnancy and I did as well with my 1st son and everything was fine with me. Like others have said, I'm usually wearing a panty liner to help keep my undies dry. It's a pain but it's doable. :) And with me I found out some of it was leaking urine! I couldn't believe it as I knew I hadn't peed myself but my nurse said it's very normal. A lot of times the baby will push on your bladder causing you to leak and not even know it. In that case though, there was a smell. It was very ammonia-like. At time I thought I may have had an infection but I was checked and my swab came back clean. So I'm sure it's probably nothing and completely normal, but if you are worried, a call to the doctor/midwife can never hurt. Good Luck! :)

Thanks for the reassurance ladies! I'm trying to decide to call or not... I slept in a panty liner is I didn't notice it, but I still thinks it's there. DH didn't act like I should be concerned at all, but he's been that way with everything.

Dumb phone. I just typed out a response and my fat finger hit the close button lol. Anyway my heavy discharge stopped for the most part. I called my OB and she didn't seem concerned about it but said to call back if it happens again. I have extremely mild cramping that's hardly noticeable but I can feel it, not really painful.. Chalking that up to baby growing :) so who knows, I guess I should get used to losing bladder control lol

I called as well , they didn't seem concerned either. She thought it was just regular discharge and that the hormones have changed which could change the discharge as well. She also said as long as it doesn't smell, itch, or have a funny color not to be concerned because it's not an infection.

No doctors seem to ever care unless we are bleeding. I'm in the same boat as you though, next appt is 10/24 (gender scan!!!) and it seems so far away. :/

I agree, I end up feeling dumb after talking to them half the time. I hate waiting for scans! I had a gender scan last week, found out bubs is a little boy, my anatomy scan is 10/21. And I'm starting to get nervous already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->