A new cot mattress to buy or not to buy- please help!

KARMA2011

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope some of you maybe be able to shed some light for me and help me come to a decision regarding something thats twitching away at me!

I am buying things for the baby month by month. I wont be working when its born so I simply cannot afford to bulk buy everything in the last couple of months. But I am in a quandary over a cot mattress.:wacko:

My husband has a 3 yr old daughter long story short he paid a lot of money on a top of the range cot and mattress for her when she was born. She initially slept in a moses basket for the first 6 months then was gradually introduced to her cot. Shortly afterwards my husband and his ex wife split up and we know that his ex kept their daughter in bed with her a lot so she wasnt in the cot that much. a couple of months after that DH was given the cot so that his daughter could stay with him. When I first saw the cot and mattress it looked like it had literally just been bought- not a mark on it.
his daughter only stayed over twice a month and has done ever since. She is 3 now but still very little (and light) still in age 1-2 clothes and sleeps on the mattress which is now a cot bed still only twice a month.

I told my husband that the cot is in immaculate condition and Im more than happy to use it for our baby but everywhere I read there are confliciting reports regarding the mattress. The current mattress is very clean has not been used regularly and is a good quality expensive mattress if I replaced it It would have to be with a cheaper one. His daughter has never soiled the bed or been sick on it and it has no marks or dents. It has a washable cover.
So my question is do you think this mattress is ok to use for my baby?
Bearing in mind that I know its full history and usage can I use it or am I just better off buying new. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->