A positive line that disappeared?

Charmed1993

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you ladies have any idea what this means! I took a boots brand HPT this morning and after a few minutes a red line appeared in the test window. About 10 minutes after that, the line disappeared. I will take another test in a few days but just wanted to know what people's opinions were. Could I be pregnant or is it an evap line/faulty test? The picture is a bit blurry but hopefully you can see what I saw!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 46
That looks positive too me. Never read a test after the time limit as t becomes invalid. I'd retest just to be sure!

Thanks for your reply! :) Usually I wouldn't have looked after the time but seeing as it appeared positive I kept it to show my partner and it just so happens the line disappeared! Didn't think a positive line would do that... Fingers crossed for the next test I guess!

Never used that specific brand but I made a note about surepredict cheapie where a thick red line dried to almost nothing. And the test instruction even says to throw it away after 30 min. Only frers can be kept and preserved so definitely recommend using frer from now on!

110 percent BFP do you have a pic of test now it's dried these do go lighter once dried I used loads with preston x

I'd say it's a bfp.. The first test I did with DS1 was faintly positive then the line disappeared after about an hour.. Did a frer 2 days later and it was positive and now ds1 is almost 3 :)

How many dpo are you? I think you should do another test :)

Id say poditive. My clearblue always dried lighter as time went on.
Can you get a frer?

That looks like a BFP! My lines faded as they dried at first.

I'd say it's a bfp.. The first test I did with DS1 was faintly positive then the line disappeared after about an hour.. Did a frer 2 days later and it was positive and now ds1 is almost 3 :)

How many dpo are you? I think you should do another test :)

I've attached a photo of my clear blue test that faded :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-25-18-31-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-25-18-31-17.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 26
Thank you for all your supportive replies! I haven't had chance to do an FRER yet... Managed to pick up a standard brand test but unfortunately that was a BFN :-( hoping FRER tomorrow will be positive! I'm CD31 when my cycle is typically 28/29 so still holding out for that BFP!

I had this happen with answer brand once. Sometimes, as the dye runs through a test, it can get "tripped up" while passing over the testing antibody strip, so dye collects there for a minutes before it clears. Did it vanish quickly or after the time limit of the test passed?

Thank you for all your supportive replies! I haven't had chance to do an FRER yet... Managed to pick up a standard brand test but unfortunately that was a BFN :-( hoping FRER tomorrow will be positive! I'm CD31 when my cycle is typically 28/29 so still holding out for that BFP!

Sorry the test was a bfn. Fingers crossed for the next test :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"