a rant!!

mintypeas

mother of 3 babies!!!
Reaction score
well i went to doctors yesterday as not had af yet its now 8 weeks since lost little one. doctor said its not unusual and told her that i had done opk and i ovulated 3 weeks ago. she said that those tests are usually wrong and not to take any notice!! well that was a great start and thenshe said i should wait for 2 months before trying again as im not ready as i started crying but thats through frustration as not knowing what is going on with my body. she says i have plenty of time but im 41 in 2 weeks so dont feel like i have much time on my side. then she said go back in 2 weeks if af not started and they may investigate! just feel that she has not helped me in any way. and on top of that i now have cytitis!! sorry for rant ladies but dont know where to turn to.thankyou ladies x sylvia x

thanks honey x think im just gonna on with things and see another doctor if i have to. she was so casual about it thats what hurt. as everyone says unless you have been in this situation then you have no idea how it feels. thats why i talk to you lovely ladies x sylvia x

Their favourite phrase is - it's early days, give it time. Why can't they just do their jobs???

Aaargggh.

:hugs::hugs: I am sorry she was so unhelpful. I would see another doctor

thats very true she said its early days and its not unusual!! well i would not know i have not been through this before!! definately see another doctor next time! thanks ladies it helps that i dont think im being unreasonable and just want some answers x sylvia x

aww hun :hugs: sorry they treated u like that - id have been just as frustrated!!

i rang my epu after 8 weeks with no af, and they werent fussed at all :( "she" eventually showed at 9 weeks 2 days xx

Hi hun

your doctor is right in a way that opks are not always accurate but she could have been a bit more sensitive about it. OPKs detect the lh surge not ovulation itself; even if you normally ovulate like clockwork on experiencing the surge and the OPKs are accurate in that sense; sometimes after a miscarriage things can be a bit up in the air and a surge may not automatically mean ovulation. It can take a while for AF to return even if you did ovulate or even if your lining is shown to be really thick on your check up scan. My AF came back after 6 weeks but they were telling me anything to to 10 weeks was normal....

Soph

Hi Sylvia, My doc's advice was exactly the same as yours: you have plenty of time, wait two months, go back in two weeks blah, blah, blah!!! I understand that's probably the best advice but it sure isn't helpful to us!
I'm sure stressing about the late AF doesn't help either but we all do. Hope it arrives soon for you! Take care xx

hi zoe from sussex so pleased someone knows what i mean.the thing was when she was talking about opks she said she tried them cause her husband wanted a boy but they got a girl!! be thankful you had a healthy baby!! just so frustrated by it all and waiting!! i have 2 beautiful kids that are 12 and 18 and had no problems with either so my age is against me!! but you have me feel better thankyou x sylvia x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->