A Rustic September 2013 Wedding in the Country by the Sea <3

KittieB

Reaction score
A bit of history... I'm 21 and my OH is 24. We have been together for 4.5 years, have been living together for 2.5 years, engaged for 2 years and we have a 6 month old cheeky monkey called Jacob <3

And... we're getting married on the 7th September 2013!!!

We only have 10 months to go and I feel VERY unorganised!

So I need some lovely ladies to help keep me on track with it all! :flower:

So far we have booked the venues, the registrar, put the deposit down on my dress, bought the bridesmaids dresses and booked the photographer. I have LOADS left to do!

We have a budget of £6k and we are going to stick to it :thumbup:

Here's my "to do" list...

Ceremony venue - deposit paid
Reception venue - deposit paid
Registrar - deposit paid

Give notice
Vows
Readings
Chose food and drinks
Wedding insurance

Brides dress - deposit paid
Fitting 1
Fitting 2
Veil
Tiara
Shoes
Bag
Jewellery
Chose hair
Chose make-up
Bridesmaids dresses - done!
Shoes
Jewellery
Grooms suit
Shoes
Pageboy suit
Shoes

Photographer - deposit paid
Florist
DJ
Hairdresser
Beautician
Cake
Transport
Rings
Someone to video

Stationary:
Invitations
Order of day
Place cards
Table numbers
Table plan

Centrepieces
Sweetie table
Guest book
Post box

Presents:
Pageboy
Bridesmaids
Bride's parents
Groom's parents

Honeymoon

We are having our ceremony in a castle next to a beach... it's perfect :cloud9:

https://www.thecastlebude.org.uk/weddings/the-willoughby-gallery/

It was the first venue we really looked at and we fell in love straight away.

Chair covers, sashes and flowers are all included. We have opted for silver sashes.

budde castle.jpg
Willoughby.jpg

Our reception venue is an old Devon Longhouse. It's basically like an old rustic pub in the countryside. It has wooden beams and wooden tables and chairs. A little conservatory with views out onto a lake and the countryside. It's just perfect for us :cloud9:

https://www.rydon-inn.com/weddings.html

rydon.jpg

inn.jpg

After going in loads of dress shops with my Mum and Sister... I found THE dress! Only problem was it was way out of our budget. So I looked in a couple other shops and in the second shop I came across a dress absolutely identical but £300 cheaper! So we went with that one! It's beautiful! I don't want to put a photo on here but feel free to PM me and I'll send you a photo :flower:

To give you an idea, it's ivory and has lace detail... so we'll be going for ivory/lacey things

My OH's favourite colour is green... and my favourite colour is pink... we we're going to have pale green and pale pink as our colour scheme. I think there will also be a bit of silver.

The bridesmaids will be in green dresses, holding pink flowers and I will have a bouquet of pink and green. My OH will have a silver waistcoat with a green tie and ivory buttonhole etc.

I have 2 bridesmaids... my little sister and my cousin. I got the bridesmaids dresses from M&S in the sale for £50 each! Bargain! My sister's will need a bit of altering before the big day but other than that they are perfect.

bridesmaids.jpg

:wave: your venues are gorgeous! Don't worry about feeling unorganised. When we had 10 months left we only had our venues booked and my dress bought :lol: It'll all fall into place. And it's very handy having the to do list. I've got a similar one on my journal AND I've copied it to my phone for 'impulse buys' :lol:

Hey

Your venue looks fab! Are you planning on going on to the beach to have some photo's done too?

We only had our venue booked upto 3-4months ago lol. I'm not very "in to this" like other brides to be are! x

Stalking!
Everything sounds fab so far and I am in love with both of your venues, they are lush!
Don't worry about how much you've done, you'll find you'll get in the flow and get loads done then it will slow down again then you'll do lots more :)

Thanks ladies! You've made me feel much better. I'm in my final year of uni at the minute and I'm writing my dissertation so wedding planning has been put on hold. I'm going to get back into it once my dissertation is handed in at the end of the month and I'm planning on getting most things booked in December and January.

Wow, your venues are amazing!

I can't wait to hear more about all your plans xxx

Sorry I've not been on in ages! Christmas has been really busy!

We've not done an awful lot on the wedding front... but the other day we bought my ring. I've always known which ring I want because it matches my engagement ring perfectly. It's meant to be £299 but we saw it in a different H-Samuel branch for £249 and then got a further 10% off because Craig bought my engagement ring there. So we got it for £224, so that's £75 under budget, woo!! :woo:

Here's a link to my ring...

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/...d+diamond+11-stone+channel+set+eternity+ring/

I love it!

Oh I forgot... My Grandma gave me money to chose my wedding earrings for my Christmas present... I chose these... https://www.fhinds.co.uk/Jewellery/...arl-Hook-Wire-Drop-Earrings--30mm-060776.html

My Gran passed away in December 2010 and I'll be wearing her 2 strand pearl necklace :) so that's the jewellery sorted.

I think I want to wear a tiara but I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. I really like this one... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bridal-W...?pt=UK_Bridal_Accessories&hash=item1e5fcb6663

I'm tempted to order it just to see what it's like... if I don't like it I could always sell it on??

Love the ring and what a bargain, saved yourself some money there!
The earrings and tiara look lovely too! I agree that you can always sell it if you don't like it, looks lovely though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->