Abnormal Pap smear during pregnancy - after delivery more abnormal results

ProudMomma2Be

Reaction score
Hi girls . I wanted to ask if any of you had the same experience as me and if you could share how was it with you .
I just gave birth to my second son 10 weeks ago . During my pregnancy I had abnormal Pap smear which never hapened before . I was sure it is nothing . But when I went to check it after my post partum , they told me they need to do biopsy because of more abnormalities . So I though this time it's going to be ok . Y
And today I got a call from hospital nurse telling me the biopsy was not good and I have to have another procedure done , which she couldn't explain to me . She just kept saying the doctor is going to explain it to me next Monday .
So did any if you had experience with it ? Like what's going to be the next procedure . What should I expect ? The biopsy was already paint full and I don't wanna keep going to the doctors and having bad news . :shrug:

Hey there, firstly congrats on your new bubba! Second, try not to stress too much. I know it's worrying not knowing what's happening but all will be explained. My personal experience of this is similar. I have had an abnormal test every single time I've had one done (so every six months from age 20 to now 25) I've had the colposcopy done where they take the biopsy which yes is very uncomfortable. The next stage was to have the cells burnt away which may be what you are going to have. It might not be though so done take that as being it. I would advise taking some paracetamol about an hour before you go in, and the more you relax and breathe the better, that's if it's what I'm thinking. Abnormal cells are common and take a long time to change in to something serious. Pap tests are designed to pick these things up early so treatment can happen as soon as possible. Let us know how you get on xxx

The procedure you are going to have is what is called a LEEP. Honestly look it up. It's where they go in and cut away/burn the bad cells away from your cervix. I will be honest, if they don't put you out and use numbing spray, it can be painful. I about passed out first time I had one back in 2006. I've had three since, last one in Sept 2011. That one was the nicest as my doctor (a different doctor than the first three LEEPS), put me out with gas and an IV drip. The worst was just the recovery afterwards and the cramping.

Try not to worry, but I know that's easier said than done. Find out what stage your cells were at too, unless you don't want to know this. First time I had an abnormal pap, after my colposcopy, I was told my cells were at stage 3. Since then the highest they had been was stage 2. I had my first pap since Sept 2011 back in April when I had my first OB appt, and that came back normal. Now I'm just playing the waiting game until after Pickle is born to see how my postpartum pap goes.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->