Abnormal shaped sac?? Worried now.

xSamantha

Me, Hubby, & 2 Sons! :D
Reaction score
So after a great 1st ultrasound on Monday.. I just received a call from my doctor informing me that there was a note that I have an abnormally shaped sac. So they want to rescan me on Monday. :/ The doctor said everything looked great otherwise, great hb, yolk sac looked good, baby looked good, but the sac just looked abnormally shaped. Anybody have experience with this? What would this mean? Now I'm worried.. :(

I didn't just wanna read and run but unfortunately I have no idea what that means. Have you asked your doctor? If they don't seem worried I'm sure it's ok.

From what I've read, they're pretty common early in pregnancy. I've seen them go both ways. Also if your uterus is tilted or the tech is pushing down on it, it can cause the sac to look misshapen when it really isn't. Hope everything is okay!

Thanks girls!
Pix - She didn't seem worried.. but that's why she's sending me for another scan.
Justplay - That makes me feel slightly better. The tech did mention that my uterus was slightly tilted back. Which I found interesting as it wasn't during my last pregnancy. So fingers crossed that's what it is! Thank you!

I did have an abnormal shaped sac, and it was measuring small. At 9-10 weeks I was rescanned and all was okay!

Thanks atomic!! I'm really hoping my rescan on Monday is better.

I've no idea about abnormal shaped sacs but wanted to wish you the best of luck at your rescan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->