Abnormal Smear & TTC

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
I didn't really know where to post this one so feel free to move it somewhere more suitable.

I recently had my Smear Test results back and they showed Borderline changes so nothing to really worry about and I just need to be re-tested in 3-6 months time. In the leaflet that you get with the letter, it tells you not to TTC whilst this is all going on.

I wondered if anyone had been in a similar situation and continued to try and fallen pregnant before the re-test.

I am waiting to speak to my GP this morning to see what she says but I thought I'd ask you guys too.

xxx

Hey,

i hope i can shed a bit of light onto this for you. i had 2 abnormal smears and in december had a normal smear (thank god!) and i am to be re-tested again in June. i fell pregnant in March and was told that you cant have a smear whilst you are pregnant. so it would probably be a good idea to wait for a normal smear as you would have to wait until youve had the baby for another one and in 9 months i suppose a lot of changes can happen to your cells

xx

I didn't really know where to post this one so feel free to move it somewhere more suitable.

I recently had my Smear Test results back and they showed Borderline changes so nothing to really worry about and I just need to be re-tested in 3-6 months time. In the leaflet that you get with the letter, it tells you not to TTC whilst this is all going on.

I wondered if anyone had been in a similar situation and continued to try and fallen pregnant before the re-test.

I am waiting to speak to my GP this morning to see what she says but I thought I'd ask you guys too.

xxx

Hey Ya

I had severe pre cancerous cells last yr and had them all removed , ive had to all clear results since and due for my next 6mth check up in July but im still trying as they just said to me they will re test me after i have the baby if im pregnant when next test is due xxxx

Well I have spoken with our GP this morning and I am having a retest done in mid may after our holiday. She said there is no reason we cant TTC as the changes were so minor but for my peace of mind they will test then. If they find something they aren't expecting, they will treat then rather than make me wait another 6 months.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and thank you for the advice girls xxx

I would suggest not bothering to wait, the reason beimg I have had abnormal smear tests for 7 years, the majority of the time they will not do any treatment and make you wait years so unless you want to do that I see little point waiting. I am pregnant now and most recent smear test shows moderate changes and they have said they will just wait until after baby is born to do treatment xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->