About to cry over baby's name UPDATE: new name ideas PG 4

Have you thought about other family names? Grandparents, great-grandparents, others from a few generations back? Well done you for not getting into a huge fight with your DH btw, I would have lost patience with that long ago!
What kind of names do you like? Traditional? Unusual? Exotic?

My Mom's Dad's name is Lester, and DH's dad is Frank :wacko: On the other side we have a Constantino and Shigefusa. DH is half Irish, half Japanese. I'm half Italian, half everything else in Europe, so it's hard to choose a name form our families that isn't too ethnic sounding. We aren't against names like that, but how this baby turns out looking is really a dice roll, so we want to pick a name that doesn't point to one nationality more than another.

I generally prefer more beautiful names. I love names you'd find in a really good book as the heroic main character's love interest. My favorites were Quinn and Kai, both of which DH vetoed. I like Marius and Elijah, big no from DH :( I thought he'd settled on Max, and I'd begun to let it grow on me, until the other day when he suddenly announced that he didn't like Max anymore!! :dohh:

What if you show us you "maybe" list and then we will check it together? Or have you already find some you like?

That's what is stressing me out so much... I don't even have a maybe list :( Hopefully I'll come up with one in the next few days, but I just can't take another session with DH poopooing all of my maybes!

You ladies are so amazing. Thank you SO much for taking the time to put together these lists for me. :flower:

I feel your pain, I was in the position a few weeks back. Never really made a short list, but both of us ended up settling for Ruben :)

This is our first boy after 4 girls and I can definitely say it is much much harder choosing a boys name than a girls!

I hope you get to a name that both you a DH agree on soon :hugs:

I love Max! - if we were having a boy, would have loved to use it, but Hubby's nickname is Max, so it was out for that reason.

On our boy's list were

Ethan,
Dexter,
Logan,
Zachary,
Calvin,
Alistair.

Maybe try and find a name you like, and then show him manly examples of people or characters with that name (without mentioning the name to him) so find a movie with a manly character of that name. Hopefully he'll suggest it, and you can agree with 'his' idea.

Men love to think things are their idea ;)

I did not read everything lol but with my first if she was a boy I wanted to name him nicoly colby

We've got :

Alexander Joshua
and
Jason Matthew

and if this one is a boy he'll be Nathan Lucas

any of those appealing? You could maybe plug the Alexander the Great thing, or Jason and the Argonauts. All quite manly really.

We generally like really unusual names or old-fashioned names that no one uses anymore. Some of the names I like:

Cecil
Serge
Constantine
Theodosius ("Theo" for short)
Roman
Bruce
Seth
Adrian
Julian
Alastair
Liam
Jasper
Wesley

Good luck finding something that you love.

What r your girls names r they traditional or unusual names? Boys names I think r harder even tho when we has r son we had lots of boys names and no girls names but now it would be the other way! Some names we have in family or friends have used are
Leighton
Logan
Elliot
Charley
Leo
Lennon
Nathaniel
Nathan
Connor
Matthew
Finley
Mason
Lucas
Hayden
Scott
James
Alfie
Joel
Jacob
Alexander
Zac
Evan

I feel terrible for you hun! The name game can be brutal. My LO didn't have a name until we were about to be discharged from the hospital...lol Okay, let's give this a go!

Jackson/Jack
Deacon
Lucas/Luke
Matthew/Matt
Sawyer
Samuel/Sam
Hunter
Ryder

What are your two girls named? I will try to think of a name with similar style that goes well and is masculine.

Our two girls are Elise and Danica :D THey aren't super common, but not way out there either. I thought girl's names were hard, until we started in on boy's names!

I feel your pain hun. I read out a list of 360 girls names to OH last night and still we have no name :nope:

My DS is called Alexander Maxwell Chase and if this bubs was a boy she would have been Theodore Dexter Jack. Zachary, Layton & Rex were also on our list.

We are having a little girl (Florence) ... but if we had a boy we would've had William. It's nice because it can be shortened to Will, Wills, Billy etc..

I also like Beau, Charlie, Harry.

Have you liked any new suggestions so far?

xx

Have you liked any new suggestions so far?

xx

I like Jack, Sam, Lucas, Sebastian and Max! I also came up with a few names that I LOVE but DH said no :(

I like:

Marius
Cassius (Cass)
Kai
Talon (I THOUGHT DH would love this name, but no)
Gideon
Eli/Elijah (too close to my DD's name, Elise)
Lincoln

What do you think of any of these names?

I really like Talon, Elijah and Lincoln. Has DH liked any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->