About to cry over baby's name UPDATE: new name ideas PG 4

I love Sebastian! I also really like Cassius and if my name wasn't Cassandra, it would be a strong contender if we were to have another boy.

x[/QUOTE]

I like:

Marius
Cassius (Cass)
Kai
Talon (I THOUGHT DH would love this name, but no)
Gideon
Eli/Elijah (too close to my DD's name, Elise)
Lincoln

What do you think of any of these names?[/QUOTE]

I really like Cassius! And i like Eli but you're right, it is pretty close to Elise.

x

I didn't like any boys names really.. My only few were

Riley
Lucas
Logan
Jackson
Jenson

Oh hated them all, he wanted
Harvey
Sean
Jaidon (his spelling was weird of it though)

.. I won. Little mans name is Riley ian Lucas. (Ian after my dad, OH wanted that, I didn't.. Go figure)

Good jack picking a name.

Ok...based on your girl's names these are some similar ones (according to a naming website)

Ross
Ivan
James
Mitchell
Vincent
Tyler

Ok...based on your girl's names these are some similar ones (according to a naming website)

Ross
Ivan
James
Mitchell
Vincent
Tyler

I actually really like James! It's my grandmother's maiden name, so maybe I'll suggest that? I'm not a fan of Jim or Jimmy, though... so IDK?

I love the suggestions, ladies!

I actually really like James! It's my grandmother's maiden name, so maybe I'll suggest that? I'm not a fan of Jim or Jimmy, though... so IDK?

My cousin is a James, and he's now 13 (ish - i'm bad with ages) and not once has he been called Jim or Jimmy - If his name is ever shortened its Jay, and even that rarely happens.

Ross
Ivan
James
Mitchell
Vincent
Tyler

Just keep it James and don't let it get shortened! I don't think Jim/Jimmy is all that common anymore. James has a great ring to it!

BIL is in his 30's and has only ever been James, no nicknames x

DH just vetoed James!! Back to the drawing board....

When i was 35 weeks, i'd heard the word Veto so much, i actually said "fine we'll call our baby Veto - if you have no better ideas"

About 2 days later after me calling the bump Veto when he was in the room, he came back with about 4 suggestions (2 of which were my ideas from earlier that had been Vetoed)....

Has he suggested any names you like, or could adapt to like?

my top 3 if i am having a boy is:

Jakob
Gunner
Levi

Has he suggested any names you like, or could adapt to like?

I think he would be ok with Max, since he was set on it for a while. He's also suggested Magnus, which is ok... but how do you shorten it, or do you?

Other than that he hasn't suggested ANYTHING. That's part of my frustration. He hates all of my names, but doesn't contribute any ideas. He jokes around and throws names out there, but never sits and seriously considers what he would want.

I like the Veto idea!! I'm going to start calling LO that and see what happens :haha:

The names I like

Aidan
Ross
Luke
Cian
Riley
Brodie

Max is nice :) - could you use that with a middle name you like more?

good luck with Veto :thumbup:

Any luck yet ?

DH finally blew up at me and said, "name him whatever you want! I don't care anymore!" :nope:

I'm not sure what his issue is, but it seems to be much deeper than a name. I'm not sure why this is so hard for him.

He's already picked the middle name (his Mom's maiden name, which is his Japanese family name). I gave in to that, even though I don't like the name at all... It just means a lot to his side of the family so it's ok with me. I figured he might be more open to compromise if I compromised on the middle name? Nope...

My new idea is to get DH to agree to let my girls name him!! (they're 3 and 4) :rofl: At least then neither of us will "win" or "lose," and the baby will have a name!

Any luck yet ?

DH finally blew up at me and said, "name him whatever you want! I don't care anymore!" :nope:

I'm not sure what his issue is, but it seems to be much deeper than a name. I'm not sure why this is so hard for him.

He's already picked the middle name (his Mom's maiden name, which is his Japanese family name). I gave in to that, even though I don't like the name at all... It just means a lot to his side of the family so it's ok with me. I figured he might be more open to compromise if I compromised on the middle name? Nope...

My new idea is to get DH to agree to let my girls name him!! (they're 3 and 4) :rofl: At least then neither of us will "win" or "lose," and the baby will have a name!

Thats a fab idea, but do give them choices.... a friend of mine did this without choices, and had a hard time explaining to her 3yo how Fluffy Bunny was not a real name.....:wacko:

Good luck :)

Sorry he is being so difficult, men eh!?
It might be easier for him once baby is here :) sometimes you just know which name fits them when you see them :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->