About to cry over baby's name UPDATE: new name ideas PG 4

wamommy

4 little monkeys!
Reaction score
I just spent the last 3 hours reading the world's longest (and complete!) list of baby boy names. I am THRILLED to be having a boy, since I have 2 girls, but I'm realizing that I don't like ANY boy names! I had a pen and paper ready to write out a "maybe" list, and it sits here blank, mocking me.

I don't know what to do. Tonight is the first night I got my DH to look online at names too, but he keeps following random links and not really focusing on names.

I'm 33 weeks, but have been having contractions and pressure for a week. I'm terrified that baby will come and not have a name!! Even worse, I don't want to pick a name just to pick one, and then later regret it...

What do I do?? Is there an amazing site I haven't yet discovered, or do any of you have ideas? My DH likes "manly" names, and won't consider anything too androgynous or "artsy-fartsy," as he puts it :dohh: PLEASE help!!

I personally like Scottish names, being from Glasgow lol!

We are considering:

Murray
Frazer or Fraser
Connor
Aiden
Cameron
Ewan

I think these are quite manly as i associate most of them with rugby players (DH and I are big fans!)

I'm not sure if you or DH like any of these.

Good luck xx

Here's some random names for you, from people I know that might help

Scott
Ryan
James
Jack
Paul
Philip
Ross
Joe/Joseph
Joshua
Aidan

Hope you find one you like!

We are the same! Baby boy names are so difficult to choose!

LOL, I could have written this post last year. I could think of a million girl names I liked.. but I was having a boy! Now, I can think of a million boy names I like (they're all "artsy-fartsy" so I won't suggest. lol!), but we can't agree on a girl's name! Thankfully, I'm not near the finish line like you are! Good luck!!!

What about something fairly timeless

Charles
Michael
George
William
Edward
John
Benjamin
Matthew
Paul
James
Joseph
Toby
Harry
Henry
Samuel

Good luck xx

I know how you feel we just couldn't agree on a boys name then we finally decided on Freddie. I'll just randomly write some boys names I like now.

Charlie
Mason
Jacob
Joshua
Rex
Daniel
Louie
Lewis
Jenson
Max

We're team blue too, and boys names have been the absolute hardest names to pick!

It's hard to narrow down, what sort of names would he class as manly? Gunner? Mason? Sawyer? William? Alexander? :shrug:

I have been scouting around online birth announcements in newspapers that appeal to my interests/views. That's narrowed our list down a bit.

Here's some of our list:

Jude
Rocco
Maxwell (Max)
Leo
Roman
Marcus

Good luck in your search :flower:

Here's my boys list:

Caleb
Alfie
Archie
Oscar
Lucas
Oakley
Magnus
Theo
Alexander
Jacob
Noah
Joshua
Kaiden
Levi
Logan
Benjamin
Elliot

We are thinking of Jonathan Hunter for a boy but our short list was

Ryan
Zachary
Jonathan
Hunter
David
Parker
Conner
Joshua
Brandon
Alexander
Charles
Prescott

Have you thought about naming baby after dad as a default? That might take the stress off some and you may be able to come up with something else. :shrug:

I personally am really hoping for a girl but all I can think of is boy's names. There's what I like,
Robert, Michael, Henry, Jacob
My two favourite combinations are Robert Michael and Henry Robert.

Good luck!

Here are the names on our boy's list from before we knew Callum's sex:

Declan (we're using this one for the next baby if it's a boy)
Thaddeus (LOVE LOVE this name but OH hates it)
Everett
Gavin
Kaysar (pronounced Kay-sir)

Have you thought about naming baby after dad as a default? That might take the stress off some and you may be able to come up with something else. :shrug:

I thought about this, and even suggested it to DH. My Dad and DH have the same name, lol... so it would kind of kill two birds with one stone. DH immediately replied with, "and we could call him J.R.!!" Ugh... no. So that was thrown out.

Part of the problem is how much DH is limiting our list as well. He does searches like "manly baby names," "baby names Dad would love," "tough boy names" etc. He actually told me last night in a very rude way that I was trying to pick names that were too soft and (excuse how rude this is, since it did NOT come from me) he says that I am trying to create a tiddlywink. I think it's all DH's issues, and has little to do with our son and his name. I just feel so incredibly stuck and frustrated. I LOVE beautiful names, and think "manliness" is determined by a person, not a name... sigh.

Another option is to perhaps pick a name that I would like, that could be shortened to a name DH would like?? I don't know... thank you all so much for your suggestions. This is turning out to be so stressful!!

Sounds really stressful :hugs:

Name suggestions (most of the ones with brackets are names he may like and nicknames that may make you like them);
Hunter
Tyler
Taylor
Michael (Mikey)
Phoenix
Troy
Tobia (Toby)
Sawyer
Huck
Zachary (Zach)
Zane
Rowan
Ronan
Ashton
Christian
Oakley
Alistair (Ally)
Alex
Rory
Frank (you could nn Frankie)
Frederick (Freddie)
Vincent (Vinny)
Harrison (Harri)
Mason
Sebastian (Seb)
Seth
Leonard (Leo)
Myles
Theodore (Theo)
Robert (Bobby)
Tristan
Marshall
Maxwell/Maximus (Max)
Tyson (Tye)
Kendrick (Kenny)
Grayson
Jackson/Jaxon (Jack/Jax)
Jamison (Jamie)
Edison (Eddie)
Dexter
Cooper
Cole
Carlton (Carl)
Finn
Victor
Edward (Eddie/Teddy)

These arent all to my taste but thought it would give you something to think about.

Have you thought about other family names? Grandparents, great-grandparents, others from a few generations back? Well done you for not getting into a huge fight with your DH btw, I would have lost patience with that long ago!
What kind of names do you like? Traditional? Unusual? Exotic?

I'm struggling with a boys name too. Girls names I find easier. I find it even harder as I teach and I associate names with naughty children!!!

Our short list is
Jacob
Marcus
Thomas
Benjamin
Logan.

Although Logan is getting very common at moment.

I also loved Isaac, but was a No from DH.

jackson/Jaxon
Nathan
Travis
Hunter
Blake
Logan
Aiden
Damon
Chace
Shaun
Connor
Ryder
Race (i new a kid named this when I was in elementary school Race Tanner)
Jason
Justin
Daniel/Danny

What if you show us you "maybe" list and then we will check it together? Or have you already find some you like?

I loved nathaniel shortened to nat. There is also a loxley at my baby group which I think is cool. Dexter is also really popular and Stanley. They are all pretty cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->