About to have IVF/ICSI, So scared it won't work, any first time success stories??

AuCa, hi I am very sorry to hear about your IVF. when are you going to try again? how is your cycle going back to normal after the IVF? I have a few things going wrong and need to check before I can repeat it. I agree it's to a certain degree down to luck, in our age group not all eggs are of good quality so we just have to wait for a good one, same stand for sperm even with ICSI you cannot guarantee that a good looking sperm has good chromosomes.

The IVF was in July, so my cycles are back to "normal" (my cycles have never been quite normal) now. The 2 first periods after the BFN were bad - heavier, longer, nasty. And the cycle length was off too.
Same for me - suspected polyp and have been waiting since months to get a sonohysterogram done to see if I need surgery or not. Very frustrating. I always thought once we're at the IVF state things would go smoothly, but we are now back to square one it seems. We are also getting a 2nd opinion and potentially changing clinics.
I did have an egg quality issue according to our RE, and I suspect I have some kind of PCOS which was never really looked into since everybody always focused on DH.
Anyway, it'll be the new year for sure before we can try again. I'm hoping I won't need to go on a wait list for surgery, but who knows....

Hi everyone! Just wanted to see how everyone's getting on?

I'm smack bang in the middle of the TWW. Not sure how I feel really, but if say leaning towards thinking it's not worked. No particular reason, just can't imagine it working! Anyway, still hopeful for a BFP next week! Praying!

Hope to hear from you soon x

Just wanted to give you hope with a success story :)

My first IVF with ICSI was successful. My tiny mircale was born 5 weeks early and is now a healthy 3 1/2 month old (corrected age 2m2w). I had many odds stacked against me. I have stage 4 endo with damage to my ovaries, tubes and uterus. I also used a sperm donor which was frozen sperm.

I had a lot of mixed emotions on if it would work or not! I am very blessed for my little girl and I also have 10 frozen embryos!! :cloud9:

Miracles do happen!

Good luck girls!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to see how everyone's getting on?

I'm smack bang in the middle of the TWW. Not sure how I feel really, but if say leaning towards thinking it's not worked. No particular reason, just can't imagine it working! Anyway, still hopeful for a BFP next week! Praying!

Hope to hear from you soon x

Kzee,

Oh boy..2WW is the hardest! Now's the quiet time when you're not going to the clinic and your brain takes over - it's torture! I'm so hoping you get a BFP. If it's any help, I had no clue if my IVF was a success and I never tested early because I couldn't bear a BFN before the official testing date. Even down to when I got the phone call, I had no idea if it had worked, but it had. It's impossible to symptom spot because you are on a bunch of meds, etc. I really really hope things go well for you... are you keeping yourself busy through the wait?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->